Houston
Sponsored by

Oak Forest Facebook page gettin real!

58,612 Views | 337 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgLiving06
RK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
here's a clip from the Gatlin's thread. This guy is really comparing keeping a steady supply of brisket to storing gasoline...and he's convinced they're going to go out of business soon because of their crazy lines.

as I read his post, I was impressed to find that each line was successively the dumbest thing I have ever read. i wish i could follow that guy's posts.
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
quote:
Ah yes- The Natives vs The Pilgrams...is it that time of year again?

Weren't you the guy who perpetuated their nonsense by posting abt a teen being missing for 2 hours or something while she was getting nailed by her boyfriend?
Totally the same thing as moldy lemon posts.

And no, I found out through a neighbor who was related. They were distraught. New Texags waited until the coast was clear- then proceeded with the internet bash-fest.

Good times.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
You should see the hens in Eagle Springs complain about the panhandlers or the "allegedly" homeless guy at the HEB on 1960.

They're essentially the same people as the ones on the Summerwood pages.

You want to start a hilarious thread, claim your kid goes to one of the schools- middle or jr. high/HS work best- and start a story about how your kid said there are gang fights all the time and they don't feel safe or whatever. It's high comedy.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:
here's a clip from the Gatlin's thread. This guy is really comparing keeping a steady supply of brisket to storing gasoline...and he's convinced they're going to go out of business soon because of their crazy lines.

as I read his post, I was impressed to find that each line was successively the dumbest thing I have ever read. i wish i could follow that guy's posts.

So OF is populated with carpetbagger transplants who don't have the faintest clue about how BBQ is prepared?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Papas bbq never runs out.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:

aTm_bomb
AG
quote:

Yea it does... out my butt!
wessimo
AG
quote:
I was walking my dogs this morning when I saw a man at 5717 Darling St. chasing a small white poodle and hitting her with a 2x4. I shouted for him to stop and he told me "this is my dog."

I did not have my phone. If anyone sees this happening, please get video. If anyone sees this dog off the property, grab her and call me immediately. I will take her into rescue and find her a home where's she's not beat.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I too would like to see a video of a man chasing a poodle with a 2x4. Mostly for the GIF potential.
Andyzipp
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

So OF is populated with carpetbagger transplants who don't have the faintest clue about how BBQ is prepared?
Kind of. It is populated by grandparents who think Gabby's is "great eatin'".

sangredevino
No, Doyle's is fancy eatin...
Al Bula
AG
quote:
No, Doyle's is fancy eatin...
doyle's is f cking terrible.
dreyOO
Damn, doyles is disgusting. Gabby's is crap. Its like people here are caught trying to prop up the local businesses regardless of how ****ty they are. And at the same time, they'll be snobs on something else like Kroger's. Its amazing.

Kinda like that farmers market on Wakefield in the middle of a tiny parking lot. Wtf is the point of that?
drumboy
AG
Saw Doyle's on the wall at Gatlins and wondered wtf it is. Can it be worse than AAA?
wessimo
AG
quote:
And at the same time, they'll be snobs on something else like Kroger's.

It's Kroger!
Ciboag96
Response thread selected bits on the Heights nextdoor when a neighbor axed to borrow electric traps for his/her rat problem:

quote:
My goshhhhh!! I can't believe what I just read on that post!! The cruelest, most painful, agonizing torture inflicted on a sentient being!! Traps, glue, nails, brooms, double bagging, suffocation, hypothermia!! Indeed, an extremely well thought out method of finishing with a life! Is this something that deserves a "good" luck? I'm astonished!! Ineffable!!

quote:
I don't know why my comment was flagged. Glue traps are a completely legal way to exterminate your house of rats.

quote:
When options and choices exist, "THE RIGHT TO LIVE" should NOT be at stake. Ever!

All along history, there have been so many things considered "legal" that later on turned out to be completely 'unacceptable'! Very unfortunately, that's the price we ALL (humans and non-humans) have to pay for creating more "INTELLIGENT" future generations of humans!

quote:
They are rats! Good lord. Hit the mute button if you can't handle it.

quote:
If you are interested in going the humane route, I have a small humane trap suitable for a squirrel or kitten around somewhere. It might work. PM me and I will look for it.

quote:
Maybe you can trap and rehome them?

quote:
Holy Whistling Jesus, can I drop them off at your house?

quote:
Sentient Rat Killing Technology would make a good death metal band name, thankfully I have started playing my guitar again, look for SRKT at Fitzgeralds in upcoming months!

quote:
The Center for Disease Control lists the following as diseases directly carried by rats: hanovirus pulmonary syndrome, hemorrhagic fever, leptospirosis, lymphatic chorio menengitis, rat blight fever, salmonellosis, tuleremia, and plague.

quote:
Rat Blight Fever is yet another great death metal band name, this site is a gold mine!

El Mero Guero
quote:
Quote:
When options and choices exist, "THE RIGHT TO LIVE" should NOT be at stake. Ever!!

Dollars to donuts this nut job is a rabid abortion supporter.
sangredevino
I was being sarcastic dumba$$e$ ....jeez.
Post removed:
by user
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
I stopped following that mess a long time ago. Doesn't surprise me though. Is there a neighborhood somewhere in the greater Houston area that I can escape to where this kind of crazy is a little less?

Nope.

Ever neighborhood in the burbs is people freaking out over solicitors like they're the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. Passive aggressively griping about the way people are driving. Complaining about the grocery stores. Or maybe little Aydyn or Lakelyn saw some kid make a finger gun motion at them and clearly that child is s future mass murderer. Or ZOMG, somebody in a neighborhood on the other side of Houston got mugged so BOLO because crime is everywhere.
Meh, there's a few holdouts.

We aren't nearly as bad as you are up in south Lufkin. About the only thing we do is apparently call the cops when black teenage kids are riding skateboards down the street.

We did have a straight up murder several months back, but surprisingly it never garnered the "end of the world" posts that i expected. Frankly the pipeline work was more worriesome to most - because contractors are 100% responsible for all burglaries.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Suggest that they borrow the live trap offered to catch the rats...

And then drown them in a trash can full of water.

Even better - video it and post it to the message board.

Be sure to have popcorn.
Diggity
AG
today's hot button issue....fences in the front yard!

RK
AG
Matthew weaves a much more cogent yarn that most of the neighborhood interneters.
Cris_Dishman
Why do you creep around other neighborhoods facebook pages so much? Looks like you need something to do.
Diggity
AG
gottta know your neighborhoods Cris
AgLA06
AG
quote:
There was some gold on the OF page last week when someone complained that the new Gatlain's was out of BBQ at 4 pm.

That thread was a great read.

I know, right. If only it was possible to rotate barbecue through a pit so you could have fresh meat coming off all day. Some day.
The Milkman
AG
quote:
Why do you creep around other neighborhoods facebook pages so much? Looks like you need something to do.
I wish I had some neighborhood facebook pages to follow
Diggity
AG
Here's a fellow from my neck of the woods graciously summarizing his recent experience in front of the HCAD review board.

cheezag03
AG
Maybe he's just too smart for me to understand what he is saying? I need to up my game.
Diggity
AG
"market value is a jock" is all you need to take away from that.
Post removed:
by user
El Mero Guero
I'd like to party with Henry Cana
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Shame on me for sleeping on this thread. Please post more of these ridiculous FWPs.
T Durden
AG
I don't have Facebook or subscribe to the neighborhood Yahoo message group...but my wife does and tells me about all the silly crap people are posting in our cypress neighborhood.

Parking on the street, soliciting, murdered Chinese people, black guy running with an air restriction device scaring the children...some pretty good comedy with the comments.

Murder isn't funny, but the comments people make about it make you wonder about how people think sometimes.
htownag10
AG
Murder es phunnie

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.