Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,241,581 Views | 19952 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by FincAg
thriller03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't remember where I saw it (maybe a Freak related article with a quote from Cobra), but I get the feeling Rhynes wanted to be "invited back" to the Ticket more often than he was. Seems like he wanted to be done with the Culumus-ness of the day to day while still being an active part of things. The fact that his level of involvement wasn't to his liking seems to have gotten him disgruntled. That combined with him maybe feeling like some of his friends that weren't hosts were getting the shaft seems to have led him to where he is today (maybe his credibility gave them a shot).

The other thought is that he got money-whipped by iHeart and is having to put on his "game face" every day. That doesn't explain the Hammer, etc, though.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He tries way too hard to be Mr. Cool, so I wouldn't be surprised if that bit him in the ass if he actually did want to be invited back more. He has always seemed like the type that will act like he doesn't care, when in reality he's got a super fragile ego and is easily bothered
thriller03
AG
Agreed. And to that point, I remember the article (probably another Corby quote) indicating they had reached out and were willing to do segments with him and that he never indicated he wanted more.

That said, I think the Ticket knows it has a bench problem (or at least knows it perceived that way), and they probably know that the way to develop talent isn't to let retired hosts take a bunch of segments. (Doesn't explain them not giving Sirois a spot, but that has been exhausted on this thread at this point.)
FTAco07
AG
All the days like White Elephant, Campound, and Fall Camp trips are reminders of the greatness of Jub mixed with other people when he's not tied down by the energy vampire that is Craig Miller.
walton91
DannyDuberstein said:

If Rhynes has a beef with how things went down at the ticket, then just come out with it. All bridges are burned at this point anyway

(Rhynes voice) now I'm not saying I have a beef at how things went down at the ticket. What I'm saying is I could if I wanted to. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it either. That's all I'm saying"
Bones08
AG
I read this thought from someone else a few months ago, I believe even before The Freak stuff happened, but Rhynes was The Godfather of The Ticket and when he left there was a bit of a void of an on-air leader among the crew.

I think these days Jub is absolutely the leader of the crew. I don't even know exactly what that means or if it is needed, but he has stepped up big time in my opinion. Afternoon Jub is awesome.
dave94
AG
FTAco07 said:

All the days like White Elephant, Campound, and Fall Camp trips are reminders of the greatness of Jub mixed with other people when he's not tied down by the energy vampire that is Craig Miller.
Goldie Wilson
FTAco07 said:

I think constantly getting kicked in the crotch by Gordo has to be a beating as well
InternetFan02
AG
Follow the money? Is everyone at the Freak making more than they were offered by Cumulus? I assume Rhynes won't ever touch what he was making in the old days but I also assume contract negotiations were involved in his retirement and move.
FTAco07
AG
I don't know about everyone, but no question all the recent Ticket departures are making significantly more. They're also hosting instead of producing or doing Tickers so part of that is natural. That said, I would guess they're still paying more than Cumulus since Grubes left his gig to be a producer/board op.
OldArmyAggie94
AG
FYI...the Hardline is on 97.1 the Freak this afternoon...give it a listen.
Danny Vermin
It's been awesome so far. Brings back so many great memories of listening to them. Danny is not even annoying me right now.
AgGrad99
AG
Im sure it's great.

But original BAD Radio with Gordo is awesome.

Goldie Wilson
I'm about 45 minutes behind on the stream, but the first two segments of the afternoon show have been kinda rough. I can't tell if Gordo and Dan are trying to do an Andy Kaufman sorta thing, but this is a drastic contrast to the greatness of midday Mooses. Less Mino
FTAco07
AG
I've been incredibly disappointed in the afternoon drive show so far. I liked the idea of putting everyone in a different role than they're used to, but we're really missing the A team going back and forth and getting too much Mino.
East Dallas Ag
AG
been listening to old Hardline discuss the breakup and listening to Greg and Rhyner discuss the breakup and how it all went down, and its fascinating, so good.
FTAco07
AG
Best part of the afternoon show has definitely been the Tickers
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Law Hall 69-72
AG
As a Day1 P1, I really enjoyed listening to some of Mike and Greg's stories. The Hammer hasn't changed: "Some old Broad gave us a ride to get Gordon out of jail" and "This skanky looking woman walked up to us, lifted her shirt and showed Rhymes and me her double mastectomy". "They were damn sure gone."
The Shank Ag
Admittedly I'm already a freak listener most of the time Since the format change because of my personal connection with Ben and skin, but this hardline reboot has soothed 15 years my soul. I started with The Hardline as a 7th grader
FTAco07
AG
Did the app have a big malfunction or did they get cut off early in gay/not gay? It looped back to a Donnie ticker mid segment
MaroonDontRun
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Honestly, this whole Freak thing makes Rhyner seem like a petty and somewhat ****ty person. Even starting it in the first place was petty and somewhat ****ty in my opinion. But now he's willing to broadcast with Greggo again, who he hasn't even spoken to in forever, just to spite the Ticket?

The whole thing is very weird. Especially considering Rhynes retired and wasn't pushed out. If I was at the ticket I would definitely want to politely tell him to **** off.
I think this has more to do with the fact that this is the last day of ratings and not his spite for the ticket. I think it's for the quarter but I'm not sure.

This is likely the same reason the little ticket chose today to do white elephant.

ac04
went with bad radio + gordon today, but i will probably try to find the hardline reunion via podcast even though i haven't really liked the freak so far. the hardline fell apart very soon after i started listening and the "where's greggo" thread on here was so fun when it was all unraveling.
Phat32
AG
Where can I grab the entire WE day segments?
Chewy
AG
So today was all about ratings grabs?

Now it all makes sense as I felt like White Elephant seemed to be a little later in December.
InternetFan02
AG
Waited many years for Hardline reunion and it was awesome. There were plenty of moments that felt like the good old days. Danny and Sirois were solid and it was positive vibes when mentioning the old place. It would be great If they can find a way to have Greggo as a guest host once a month or on cowboy mondays or something.
hoosier-daddy
if anyone has a HL reunion link please post it
FTAco07
AG
It's already up on The Downbeat podcast segment by segment on the downbeat podcast through the I heart radio app.
walton91
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/53-the-downbeat-103022465/
MavsAg
AG
Meanwhile the ticket hasn't even posted any segments from WE day.
Demasiado
AG
Anyone else completely beaten by the yearly p dog and mad dog Christmas segment???
CBattBQ87
AG
walton91 said:

Thanks for that trip down memory lane. Rynes, The Hammer, Dingoo, Grubes, Expo. Good times. Good times.
Chewy
AG
walton91 said:

Thanks for sharing. I'm 15 minutes in and I feel like I'm in a time machine to about 15 years ago.

They didn't miss a beat.
Stive
AG
I only got to listen for one segment yesterday, the one where they were talking about the break up and how Rhyner treated him through the years. That was actually really good radio and a solid flashback to when the Hardline was in its glory phase.
AgGrad99
AG
I tuned in to hear Greggo, but I dont know how you guys listen to this. Everyone other than Sirois sounds like they're trying too hard.

Even the intro music sounds outdated. It's like a 1980s rock station intro.

I enjoy good stories about the good ole days. But Im not sure a trip down memory lane is what this new station needs (especially stories we've heard quite a bit). I think it's the opposite. They need to move forward, and separate themselves. Not remind everyone about the good old days on the other station that they're competing against.

First Page Last Page
Page 445 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.