Metroplex
Sponsored by

North Texas Drought

77,642 Views | 800 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by riverrataggie
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Prob a real threat but I take summer over winter.

I don't understand why homes get blacked out while large corporate offices can blast AC to 75. Would love to see skyscrapers get the first cuts over homes. Wish it was neither but hate to see helpless people lose power while corporate offices crank AC to unreasonably cold levels like mine does.
Agreed. Turn off the elevators and a whole lot of folks will decide they don't need to be in the office in hot weather.
Spaceship
AG
It appears ERCOT will live to fight another day. The next two days will be crazy hot again.
nai06
AG
Spaceship said:

It appears ERCOT will live to fight another day. The next two days will be crazy hot again.

Great work everyone! Time to hit the showers (pool)
HouseDivided06
AG
I did my part and my AC hasn't been running since Saturday about 1:00. Of course that's because it went out. HVAC company came out (Mechanical Air Design out of Carrollton…fantastic company) and changed my capacitor Saturday. However by Saturday night again, my condenser fan wasn't spinning. They came back out Sunday and it's my breaker overheating. Normally I'd just replace the breaker and call it good but I have StabLok breakers in a Federal Pacific panel which is a big fire hazard. So finally biting the bullet and having the panel replaced and moved outside. Expensive and a beating but probably the best call. Glad I have family to stay with Saturday night through tonight as my guy couldn't come out until tomorrow. But I do know my electricity must have been bare minimum the last few days. Glad to be part of the solution.
MW03
AG
Carlo4 said:

I learned something new about watering and will try. Been doing three times a day and will adjust. Appreciate the thread here.

This heat is brutal. No issues in home last year. AC guy said we had a lemon outside unit even though the house is 2018 (bought in 2029).

107 outside. AC can't cool past 75 right now when set lower. Hate to bite the bullet but might need to drop the money.

Any deals or good people you recommend?

Had a Trane XR 16 (5 ton) installed 2 years ago by Harris Air Services. Small business that I've been with for about 7 years now and been pretty pleased. Shoot me a PM if you want more details.
YouBet
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

I did my part and my AC hasn't been running since Saturday about 1:00. Of course that's because it went out. HVAC company came out (Mechanical Air Design out of Carrollton…fantastic company) and changed my capacitor Saturday. However by Saturday night again, my condenser fan wasn't spinning. They came back out Sunday and it's my breaker overheating. Normally I'd just replace the breaker and call it good but I have StabLok breakers in a Federal Pacific panel which is a big fire hazard. So finally biting the bullet and having the panel replaced and moved outside. Expensive and a beating but probably the best call. Glad I have family to stay with Saturday night through tonight as my guy couldn't come out until tomorrow. But I do know my electricity must have been bare minimum the last few days. Glad to be part of the solution.
Thanks for your sacrifice. Oh, and user name checks out.
HouseDivided06
AG
Ha! Username actually was made when married to a longhorn but divorced 3 years ago. Was going to change it eventually but about to marry a Red Raider in the near future so figured I may as well keep it at this point.
wangus12
AG
I use Harris Air as well and they've been great.
nai06
AG
Anyone else see this?

Coates
Their forecast is usually pretty off, I wouldn't put much weight into it. Even the guy who tweeted that admitted the supply line is not accurate.
Coates
Well F me, ercot called for conservation again. What a mess.
KoesephW
Mclendon-Chisolm we have no water now. RCH said they have no more water in their above ground tanks. This will be fun!
riverrataggie
AG
KoesephW said:

Mclendon-Chisolm we have no water now. RCH said they have no more water in their above ground tanks. This will be fun!

Oh wow. We have been fortunate that the red river area has seen some rain fall to keep the lakes somewhat normal.

Even though we got zero rain in one of our wettest months here in Dallas proper.
Robert C. Christian
AG
KoesephW said:

The most shocking thing is that they only enacted 2x per week water restrictions this week and then immediately halted all watering.

It is crazy that no one saw this issue coming. Good luck and god speed.
Enviroag02
AG
KoesephW said:

I'm in MC as well over by the Shell/Sonic. We have a trickle. A boil water notice has been issued and they expect pressures to be back to normal tonight, but of course they have no long term solution. RCH is mismanaged at the highest levels. Growth and no infrastructure updates will exacerbate this.
Enviroag02
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

KoesephW said:

The most shocking thing is that they only enacted 2x per week water restrictions this week and then immediately halted all watering.

It is crazy that no one saw this issue coming. Good luck and god speed.
yeah it was an even/odd address restriction on watering on July 11th, a no watering restriction on July 12th, then no water at all on July 13th. Rockwall says MC had been exceeding the contracted amount for several weeks, yet RCH waited to request curtailment until now when it was too late to make a difference. This is entirely about MC's growth rate and RCH's reluctance to improve infrastructure and update the contract with Rockwall. It's negligence.
riverrataggie
AG
Remember everyone. Today the cold front came through.
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

High today is only 99.

I may go for a 5 mile jog at 2 pm now.
riverrataggie
AG
YouBet said:

riverrataggie said:

High today is only 99.

And 35% chance of rain! So I'm expecting 106 and dry.

Saw yesterday Las Vegas and Phoenix have each had more rain than us since June.

Looking forward to Vegas trip in a couple weeks to cool off.
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

YouBet said:

riverrataggie said:

High today is only 99.

And 35% chance of rain! So I'm expecting 106 and dry.

Saw yesterday Las Vegas and Phoenix have each had more rain than us since June.

Looking forward to Vegas trip in a couple weeks to cool off.
Parents getting poured on in east texas right now. Lucky.
riverrataggie
AG
All of you better be watering your yards, filling up your pools, and doing rain dances!
CoppellAg93
AG
Got an email from the City Of Coppell yesterday regarding water consumption - warned that restrictions could be put in place soon if things progress the way they are. Been years since we've had any restrictions here.
Decay
AG
I'm getting my roof replaced so of course today's the day we start seeing metroplex rain. You're welcome. At least it's dry here so far, knock on wood.
bco2003
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

Got an email from the City Of Coppell yesterday regarding water consumption - warned that restrictions could be put in place soon if things progress the way they are. Been years since we've had any restrictions here.
It's interesting the stark contrast between that and Frisco, for example, who has limited landscape watering to once a week for years now.
planoaggie123
AG
Nice little rain in Plano near tollway. Nothing crazy but will take anything
rebag00
AG
10 minutes of light to medium rain in East Dallas. Better than none at all.
EllisCoAg
AG
got an inch so far in Midlothian

that's what she said
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
harge57
AG
rebag00 said:

10 minutes of light to medium rain in East Dallas. Better than none at all.

It's at least a break from the torching heat.
wangus12
AG
Wife said no rain in McKinney. I might cry
bert harbinson
AG
It's as if the storm purposely steered itself to avoid many of us.
Yesterday
AG
dumping in South East Fort Worth.
riverrataggie
AG
bert harbinson said:

It's as if the storm purposely steered itself to avoid many of us.

Right. Didn't get much here in east dallas. Just got home and noticed all the neighbors have their sprinklers on. I'm turning mine on as well.
MW03
AG
it is like 80 degs and windy and it practically feels like a miracle out there
walton91
Spaceship
AG
I took the kids to Lake Lewisville this morning for about 3 hours. About 2-1/2 hours of that time we were in shade from that storm sitting over Frisco. I felt like I was in heaven for a bit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.