Metroplex
Sponsored by

North Texas Drought

76,268 Views | 800 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by riverrataggie
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Day 58. No rain. Outlook may take us past 90 days of no rain. Natives are getting restless.
HarleySpoon
AG
Rain gauge total from this afternoon is 1.3 inches. Get to turn off the sprinkler for a couple of nights.
agcrock2005
AG
wangus12 said:

Looks like McKinney gonna be missed again

I actually got about a 10 minute soaking. I went outside and got rained on like a damn kid. That's how bad this crap is getting. Mentally I needed to get rained on.
YouBet
AG
One of my more exposed Jap Maples is hurting hard.
752bro4
AG
YouBet said:

One of my more exposed Jap Maples is hurting hard.

No disrespect
aggie_wes
AG
Finally got some rain, pretty steady for probably 45 minutes in east Parker County.

I pulled my car out of the garage and started "washing it" to entice the rain gods and it seems that it worked.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
agcrock2005 said:

wangus12 said:

Looks like McKinney gonna be missed again

I actually got about a 10 minute soaking. I went outside and got rained on like a damn kid. That's how bad this crap is getting. Mentally I needed to get rained on.

Last rain in Southlake was June 4th I believe. Glad to see I'm not the only one that this is taking a mental toll on. My wife doesn't get it, she sees hot temps to start her car.

I see dead grass, landscape, trees, massive electric and water bills, and fingers crossed hopefully no foundation issues. I see $$$.

Hell my problems are tiny compared to others I'm sure. I can't imagine needing water for crops and livestock. We all need this to end.
planoaggie123
AG
All valid and real concerns. It sucks. Hoping just one more month and we start working our way out. After the past couple winters and now this summer I am ready for a more normalized period of weather.

I just ballparked my next bill…ouch…might stay just under $900. Water bill will be $275 to $325. Eating more P&J sammiches at work these days.

Edit: my wife is largely ignorant of the bills. I wish I was too somehow.
wangus12
AG
We just bought hay for $120/round bale for our cattle in Milam Co. Luckily we've gotten a little rain on our property in the last month
agcrock2005
AG
In Northlake with a 0% chance of rain today, I'm out cooking a couple briskets (after watering my lawn near the pit!) and about an hour ago a freakin monsoon came through and dropped about 1/2" (guess). Weird ass weather!
wangus12
AG
Lots of dark clouds over McKinney. Please give us something
planoaggie123
AG
Decent rain again here in Plano. Will measure based on pool level once it stops / after dinner.
BSpencer00
AG
Got a whopping 0.05 inches at my place in Fairview. The rain was totally laughing at me - I'm sandwiched between two areas that got dumped on.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Absolute
AG
Got 5 or 10 minutes of nice heavy rain in Richardson/north Dallas.

Not much, but I guess it replaces a sprinkler run and lowered the Temps 10 degrees, so I'll take it.
planoaggie123
AG
I actually measured pool earlier today. Just went and checked and Water level up about .25" - .30" here. Very needed. Slight mist still. Happy.
Ark03
AG
It got close enough I could smell it in Lewisville, but didn't get a drop. Haven't had anything meaningful since May 25.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Lucky. Didn't get any here at Campbell and Plano.
DallasAggie89
AG
1.4 inches here in Allen!
TecRecAg
AG
15 minutes of good rain last night in Heath. I'll take it
ChoppinDs40
AG
Nada in prosper. We were at the pool and saw a huge system to the south (probably what Allen got) and another to the north. West sky was clear. Went right around us.
clobby
AG
The Collective
AG
If you like to ruminate on negative things and be an Eeyore - this pic is for you.

Quote:

Temperatures are forecast to be the most above average in August for a vast area that stretches from the Plains and Midwest into portions of the Northeast, according to the latest update from The Weather Company, an IBM Business, and Atmospheric G2. The forecast has trended hotter for a more expansive area in those regions when compared to the initial outlook issued earlier in the month.

"The combination of a strong La Niña base state, historically-strong persistence and ongoing/building drought across the western/central U.S. suggest a hot August is a slam dunk," said Todd Crawford, director of meteorology at Atmospheric G2.
EllisCoAg
AG
2nd hottest July on record, 91.7 average degrees. 1980 only hotter at 92
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Matsui
AG
That is wild.
bert harbinson
AG
At least we're not in the purple.
YouBet
AG
I now wish I was in Arizona?
FDXAg
AG
No, because even though they are in the "near average" category, their average is likely 110 degrees!
YouBet
AG
FDXAg said:

No, because even though they are in the "near average" category, their average is likely 110 degrees!

I know. I was kidding. Still.
planoaggie123
AG
planoaggie123 said:

All valid and real concerns. It sucks. Hoping just one more month and we start working our way out. After the past couple winters and now this summer I am ready for a more normalized period of weather.

I just ballparked my next bill…ouch…might stay just under $900. Water bill will be $275 to $325. Eating more P&J sammiches at work these days.

Electric came out to $829....trying to decide if this is a "win" or not....
Ervin Burrell
AG
planoaggie123 said:

planoaggie123 said:

Electric came out to $829....trying to decide if this is a "win" or not....
Damn - how many square feet is your house?
planoaggie123
AG
Over 4K....3 units that are going non-stop...my usage is sky high compared to the past few summers....we don't keep our house super cool just never get a break when temps don't go below 80
ChoppinDs40
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Over 4K....3 units that are going non-stop...my usage is sky high compared to the past few summers....we don't keep our house super cool just never get a break when temps don't go below 80
Older Plano home I assume? Probably older units too?

that sucks.

We used just over 2,200kWh last month in a 4k sqft house. It's one story, which I'm sure helps but it's a newer build. These things are so much better insulated now.

2,200 kWh = $269 bill

we normally averaged around $125-175 bill.
planoaggie123
AG

10 year old units...not too old...trane....the previous owner put them in they are decent.

We have massively vaulted ceilings even in kids upstairs bedrooms....i checked and the highest usage we had last two years was 3,600 (but average 3000 in summer months)....just a brutal summer....when i extract the data my 20 highest days this year are all with days of 101+ high / 81+ low....
ChoppinDs40
AG
planoaggie123 said:

10 year old units...not too old...trane....the previous owner put them in they are decent.

We have massively vaulted ceilings even in kids upstairs bedrooms....i checked and the highest usage we had last two years was 3,600 (but average 3000 in summer months)....just a brutal summer....when i extract the data my 20 highest days this year are all with days of 101+ high / 81+ low....
3,600 means you're paying around 25c kWh? that's your first problem right there.
Hood
AG
You should consider letting Energy Ogre save you $300+ per month.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.