Metroplex
Sponsored by

RIP Favorite Local Restaurants Killed By COVID-19

41,916 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FincAg
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TMan86 said:

Cantina Laredo, Royal Lane, gone.
Damn. We used to be regulars there.
752bro4
AG
It blows my mind how anything at Preston/Royal could fail. NHS opted not to come back after the tornado due to it being an under-performing store.
YouBet
AG
752bro4 said:

It blows my mind how anything at Preston/Royal could fail. NHS opted not to come back after the tornado due to it being an under-performing store.

Ditto. I guess Cantina just could make it long enough to power through. It was always busy when we went.
double aught
AG
Just learned Gingerman in uptown is gone, bulldozed even. Twenty something me is in angst.
YouBet
AG
double aught said:

Just learned Gingerman in uptown is gone, bulldozed even. Twenty something me is in angst.
Will be a CVS?
drewser95
AG
double aught said:

As is mine. I'm just in total shock.
duck79
AG
Gman is turning into a hotel.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Its days were numbered after the sale. State restrictions just acceletated the process.

Going to miss that place.
AgBQ-00
AG
drewser95 said:

double aught said:

As is mine. I'm just in total shock.

Oh man. That sucks. Was a fun place to hang out.
Trucker 96
double aught said:

Noooo. Pretty sure I have a circa 1998 gingerman tshirt buried in a drawer somewhere. Will have to find it and wear it to mourn
culdeus
AG
Midtown is getting sort of sketch. All those Post Properties starting to decay isn't helping at all.
YouBet
AG
culdeus said:

Midtown is getting sort of sketch. All those Post Properties starting to decay isn't helping at all.
What/where is midtown?
752bro4
AG
Brentwood by Vandelay hospitality (Drake's, Hudson house, etc) is supposedly taking NHS' spot at Preston/Royal, and has a sign up on the old Houston's in Addison.
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

YouBet said:

culdeus said:

What/where is midtown?

Atlanta?
I'm aware of a midtown in Houston but not Dallas. That is news to me. Maybe I'm just that out of touch with my own city.
bdenby
AG
It's a vacant lot isn't it.
dave94
AG
I've not heard anyone refer to an area of Dallas as Midtown.

Maybe they mean all the development between downtown and uptown? Victory Park, Harwood District, etc?
double aught
AG
I think some developer is trying to call the Valley View mall area Midtown, which makes no sense.

YouBet
AG
bdenby said:

It's a vacant lot isn't it.
Apparently, it's the vacant lot that The Gingerman sat on.
walton91
No more aromatherapy for downtown Lakewood. Lakewood Smokehouse is closed. This one hits close to home, literally.
Hincemm
AG
thailicious in southlake closed. not great food but a lot of family memories there....at least there's still malai kitchen
cpscAG06
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Fellow Ags, Braindead Brewing in Deep Ellum is opening back up tomorrow for dine in. Like many places, it's been a rough few months, but one of the owners has been like a brother to me since high school, so I'll be there tomorrow. I'll buy you a beer if you come as well, I'll be the dude in the A&M shirt.
Sam Wynn?
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those that don't.
FincAg
AG
walton91 said:

No more aromatherapy for downtown Lakewood. Lakewood Smokehouse is closed. This one hits close to home, literally.

Was at OrangeTheory last night and was caught off guard i couldn't smell bbq.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.