Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dallas Food & Beverage News

46,315 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by FTAco07
FTAco07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been waiting for this for a while
GarlandAg2012
AG
FTAco07 said:

I should add Goodwin's, in the old Blue Goose space, is planning to open in February. It's my most anticipated opening of 2024

Very excited about this too., I hadn't heard a date. Seems like they have a long way to go to be open in 3 months but what do I know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2023/05/16/american-restaurant-goodwins-to-replace-blue-goose-on-dallas-greenville-avenue/%3foutputType=amp
FTAco07
AG
That date isn't formally announced and obviously still subject to construction completion. There is a lot to do, but they're moving fast now.
SupermachJM
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Veritas Wine Room is really actually closing this time, in a couple weeks (last guided wine tasting is next week I believe)

Well this sucks. We were there about a month ago and they seemed to be doing well. They had a bottle of pinot noir for sale that we haven't found anywhere but direct from the winery in Sonoma, so we were excited to go back. I guess we will have to go this weekend.
SupermachJM
AG
752bro4 said:

Gemma (#12) - haven't been since they've renovated, but going next week and excited. Their rabbit ragu is one of my favorite dishes in dfw.
We went about a month ago and they had mentioned the recent renovations. Food was fantastic and the rabbit ragu is still on the menu - after a ton of deliberation I ended up trying it and have been dreaming about it since!
GarlandAg2012
AG
SupermachJM said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Veritas Wine Room is really actually closing this time, in a couple weeks (last guided wine tasting is next week I believe)

Well this sucks. We were there about a month ago and they seemed to be doing well. They had a bottle of pinot noir for sale that we haven't found anywhere but direct from the winery in Sonoma, so we were excited to go back. I guess we will have to go this weekend.
I believe it is a lease issue, plus the guys seem to be more focused on their RE careers than running restaurants at this point. Hillside Tavern is very successful I think. I'm surprised Boulevardier is still around but maybe they have a really great lease there, or maybe Bishop Arts is thriving more than I realize - I don't go down there too often.
double aught
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

Blue Goose is gone?
Their other locations are still open, if you are in the need for average texmex.
YouBet
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Bumping this old thread. Lots of changes since the end of 2020. Here are some recent news items:

D Magazine updated their top 50 in Dallas:
https://www.dmagazine.com/best-dallas-restaurants-right-now/?referrer=interactive

Thunderbird Station closed

Birdie's Eastside is about to open, pretty sure they have done some friends and family nights already? Looked like it the other night but not sure.

Bar Collette is a new cocktail bar in the West Village associated with Namo.

Henry's Majestic reopened in its new location - old one at McKinney & Monticello is demolished. New location is out by Trinity Groves.

Leela's Wine Bar reopened on Lowest Greenville

Lots of new omakase has opened in Dallas

Voodoo Doughnut opened a Dallas location on Lowest Greenville.

Hate to see that. We were day 1 patrons when they opened. Best wine bar I've ever been to still. And did many a popup dinner there.
drewser95
AG
The original Fireside Pies on Henderson Ave apparently closed earlier this fall:

Original Dallas location of game-changing Fireside Pies pizza closes
FTAco07
AG
Went to a Birdies pre-opening dinner this weekend and it is awesome! More restaurant/less bar than I expected, and all the food our group tried was awesome. Biggest winners were birria sliders, loaded fries, patty melt, and chicken tikka wrap. All entrees, even the steak, were under $30 which is nice.

The adult only bar is cool, but somewhat small, although it's got great visibility to the patio so you can keep an eye on your kids can run around and it's an indoor/outdoor bar counter if your outside with them.

This place is going to be a huge hit

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.