Metroplex
Sponsored by

Gas?

10,943 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jtmoney03
PlanoAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was driving by the Race Track in Plano @ Legacy/75. It was busier than usual but no lines. I pulled right into a pump. They only had premium left but I don't care. I filled up even though I'm going to be sitting around the house all weekend watching college football.
Bunbury
AG
might be a dumb question, but is this a national shortage, or just a DFW shortage? And why would it be isolated to DFW if that is the case?
Gil Renard
AG
Rockwall has lines but not long Lines and gas
lawless89
Lines all over FW in the Ridglea Hills area. Pumps were going so slow that they wouldn't stop automatically and car after car kept overflowing and dumping out on the ground.
ntxVol
Bunbury said:

might be a dumb question, but is this a national shortage, or just a DFW shortage? And why would it be isolated to DFW if that is the case?
I was curious about this too, according to Google, it is only newsworthy in the DFW area. But someone outside of DFW may be able to search and get a different answer since Google knows I am in Richardson.
AggieC07
AG
In Las Colinas had to go to four different stations.

One had no gas, the second one had a very long line, the third one pumped out about 0.05 gallons and the fourth one was able to fill up.
culdeus
AG
At 75 and 635. Drove by 6 stations. The qt had a 50 car line with no gas waiting on a tanker.
Carlo4
AG
Line at whataburger wasn't long!

Went to a credit union today in Richardson. Commotion from tellers and customers. Rumor spreading Garland is shut down and everyone is moving west to get gas... I can't make this up!

CoppellAg93
AG
Crazy in the North Irving/Las Colinas/Valley Ranch area. Lots of stations running out of gas and most others have crazy long lines. Passed 7 or 8 stations before getting lucky to find one with a short line in Valley Ranch - and they only had Regular Unleaded left.
aggielostinETX
AG
*********HYSTERIA!!
aggielostinETX
AG
Bunbury said:

Just dumb ass hysteria
Blahhead
We filled up all of our vehicles before the storm hit. My wife drives a lot more than me, so her primary vehicle needed gas again today. She said HEB was out (Austin area) but she found gas at a Wal-Mart. I am bringing up Austin to show you it's not just the Dallas area being impacted -- I would do a little more research before I planned any road trips.

She also told me a friend in the Garland area paid $5.99 a gallon this morning. I don't know if that's price gouging or not, since the area wasn't directly impacted by a disaster.
culdeus
AG
75/635 report

QT - Line of more than 50 cars waiting. Nobody seemed to be filling
7-11 - Out
Texaco on Royal - Out
Shell RoyalxGreenville - Out
7-11 near 635 on forest - Out
Shell forrest greenville - huge line of cars seemed to be filling, more than 50 cars waiting just from FLane direction and 50 from greenville direction.

permabull
AG
Aggie_Eric98
AG
why not fill up in advance of the Hurricane? You knew it was going to slow production. I filled up on Monday at normal prices.
Jet1085T
AG
Quick Trip app lets you know if they have gas. Ave K and Plano Parkway; Beltline & 75 both have gas
GeorgeBailey
AG
Whether this is a panic or not is kind of irrelevant. There currently is a shortage. When you need to buy gas, and all the stations you drive by are out, it becomes a little stressful. These closed stations don't have a tanker there replenishing.

When does it normalize?
powerbelly
AG
jonaadams said:

Whether this is a panic or not is kind of irrelevant. There currently is a shortage. When you need to buy gas, and all the stations you drive by are out, it becomes a little stressful. These closed stations don't have a tanker there replenishing.

When does it normalize?
Tomorrow, maybe Saturday.
Hood
AG
There's a tanker filling up an Exxon station at Dallas North Tollway and Spring Valley. Huge lines but the gas is here. It's panic.

Owner should go out to the price sign and change the 2 to a 4 and make a mint.
The Collective
AG
DFW is just now getting hit with out of towners here for the college game in Arlington. Should be a fun time to visit!
permabull
AG
aggielostinETX
AG
hypeiv said:

I need to get a locking gas cap... People are going to start siphoning it out of tanks in parking lots

Or a car that only opens the gas tank from the inside /Dallas

Jesus, calm the **** down
permabull
AG
Matilda
AG
There were plenty of open gas stations with no lines in lower greenville/lakewood area .
drewser95
AG
Was wondering the same thing earlier today but didn't want to sound paranoid. I remember it being a problem when there was ~$4.00/gal gas a few yrs ago.

For some reason Toyota started doing away with inside fuel releases on 4Runners.
culdeus
AG
LETS ALL PANIC AND FREAKOUT ZOMG
Bunbury
AG
Are the tankers with gasoline coming straight from Houston? If that's the case, it seems like at least some supply will be on its way up, the major roads are pretty navigable now.
FiTxAg04
AG
It sucks when you burn through a tank every 2 days. Filled up last night when I heard there may be a shortage. Can't believe the lines out there right now at every station I've passed. Jump on a plane headed out west tomorrow so I can forget about this mess for a few days. Hopefully nobody steals my gas while I'm out of town.
Hood
AG
Here's a post from someone who's in the business of shipping fuel.
akaggie05
AG
Quote:

Are the tankers with gasoline coming straight from Houston?

No, my understanding is that there are intermediate terminals with a pretty good amount of storage around DFW (and every major city). These terminals are normally replenished via rail tankers and pipelines. The issue right now is likely being caused by an inability of the local trucks that travel between intermediate terminals and stations to make the rounds fast enough to meet the demand caused by mass hysteria.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
On a positive note, I can tell the wife I have to sit and watch college football all day as I do not have any gas to mow the lawn or run any errands for her this weekend.
culdeus
AG
I went out at lunch and bought 2 Teslas. Can't be too safe.
culdeus
AG
Aggie_Eric98 said:

On a positive note, I can tell the wife I have to sit and watch college football all day as I do not have any gas to mow the lawn or run any errands for her this weekend.

This guy gets it.
aggielostinETX
AG
akaggie05 said:

Quote:

Are the tankers with gasoline coming straight from Houston?

No, my understanding is that there are intermediate terminals with a pretty good amount of storage around DFW (and every major city). These terminals are normally replenished via rail tankers and pipelines. The issue right now is likely being caused by an inability of the local trucks that travel between intermediate terminals and stations to make the rounds fast enough to meet the demand caused by mass hysteria.
This.
Stymied
AG
Quote:

The issue right now is likely being caused by an inability of the local trucks that travel between intermediate terminals and stations to make the rounds fast enough to meet the demand caused by mass hysteria.
THIS! There is plenty of fuel! The transportation companies don't have enough trucks to keep up with everyone freaking out and filling up their cars all at once.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.