Gas SIAP

10,795 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by toucan82
94DallasAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone heard of a shortage? A coworker said she went to 3 gas stations this morning (Frisco/Plano) and they are all out.
Leeman
I have plenty of gas.
nai06
AG
yes, lots of stations are out or will soon be out. Still not sure if its a true shortage or people just freaking out. Quick Trip has said they expect half of their DFW stations will be out by the weekend
Zip 88
Check the hose for kinks.
Claude!
Zip 88 said:

Check the hose for kinks.
Hey, don't kink shame.
Max06
AG
Hurricane Harvey-fueled gas shortages are starting to spread throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
ghollow
AG
Our distributor told us this morning that there was a run on gas in the last 24 hours. They have opened up the reserves and there is plenty to go around. They are just having problems keeping the stations full due to the limited supply of trucks right now. They don't expect it to last another 24 hours
WC87
AG
Don't buy gas on Fridays, even if Big Oil isn't selling.
toucan82
Way to go gambro
94DallasAG
AG
ghollow said:

Our distributor told us this morning that there was a run on gas in the last 24 hours. They have opened up the reserves and there is plenty to go around. They are just having problems keeping the stations full due to the limited supply of trucks right now. They don't expect it to last another 24 hours

Great info. Thanks!!
permabull
AG
ThatOneAg
Here's some info my friend posted who works in that industry. I blame the media for freaking everyone out.

Quote:

Here's the deal (I work in the fueling industry). There will not be a shortage. Right now the tankers are few and far between. They are coming in from other cities as fast as they can. We got 30 calls yesterday and about 20 today from stations out of fuel. We only repair pumps/lines/tanks/alarms....that being said the stations that called us were from clerks not knowing what the alarm meant. Meaning there were prob a **** ton more that had managers on site that knew what the issue was and didn't call. Yes, sites are not knowing when the next drop will be and that is setting in paranoia.

The advice I'm giving my employees and friends is this: you will be fine on finding fuel. Just do not get down to empty and expect the first site you come to have gas. Make sure you have enough to go to 2-3 before you find fuel. No one has been out for more than 6-12 hours. It's just taking a bit longer to dump fuel daily. For reference I work with Racetrac, Valero, Murphy USA (Sams/Walmart) Kroger, Tom Thumb, Love's, Minyards/Fiesta, Fuel City, TA and Brookshires daily. The amount of friends calling me over this is nuts, I didn't realize most of them even knew what I did for a living.

bodaciousbood14
AG
Coworker said he had the same issue in Leander/Austin this morning
Street_Cred_Norm
Price gouging on gas is in full effect but at least I have a full tank.
PlanoAg98
AG
I hoarded today. I filled up 26 gallons of 93 octane. I even tried to top it off as much as possible to screw others.
double fault
Just want to send a thanks out to those with the info. Stopped at 2 stations this morning and both were out, a 3rd was jam packed with cars. People at work didn't find any either before coming in. I figured it was just a rush and wasn't too worried, but good to know anyway.
Red Rover
AG
I went ahead and filled my trunk up with fuel this morning. 122 gallons. Might be overkill, but I'd rather deal with redoing the trunk than running out of fuel. I've seen the Road Warrior enough to know that's bad.
CharlieBrown17
AG
No issues in College Station. Every station I drove past isn't near as high as I've seen posted on TA (2.29 for regular) and not packed.
WC87
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

No issues in College Station. Every station I drove past isn't near as high as I've seen posted on TA (2.29 for regular) and not packed.
Uhh, I think you meant that there is no gas in College Station and stay away from our town.
Max06
AG
Stripes at Copperfield was out of fuel this morning.
gigem92
AG
I was at the Stripes on Greens Prairie and Arrington in College Station around noon and while I was there, they ran out of gas. Lady said they are hoping they get a truck in tomorrow. She also said they have been out of diesel since Monday.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Huh. I passed four gas stations on the way home with cars pumping and not a line. Got gas at the fifth because I was at a 1/4 tank.

Though none were Stripes.
EastSideAg2002
Expect this by next week.

Followed closely by:
UnderoosAg
AG
SA has gone full ruhtard with panic. Running gas stations dry in several areas.
evan_aggie
AG
Multiple gas stations are out in San Antonio.
Multiple gas stations are out in Austin.
Ignatius_of_Silesia
Folks I'm not one that would usually say this but I believe it is TIME TO PANIC!!!! Also just saw that the price per gallon at the Costco closest to me is at $1.94 per gallon. Effin mother effers taking advantage of this situation.
Unemployed
AG
Ignac said:

Folks I'm not one that would usually say this but I believe it is TIME TO PANIC!!!! Also just saw that the price per gallon at the Costco closest to me is at $1.94 per gallon. Effin mother effers taking advantage of this situation.
Did you stop for free samples, though?
SACR
AG

Received a text saying Denton is out of gas.

People are panicking, which is causing the shortage.

Racer X
AG
Saw this post earlier. Tank was low so I filled up at lunch. Full-on panic now in SA.

Thanks, OP!
riverrataggie
AG
No lines for diesel pumps in Dallas.
aTm2004
AG
Filled up in Conroe last night at a gas station that didn't have any cars there. The Stripes next door had a few cars filling up.
Burrus86
AG
Racer X said:

Saw this post earlier. Tank was low so I filled up at lunch. Full-on panic now in SA.

Thanks, OP!
You started the run on fuel in San Antonio!
Ignatius_of_Silesia
Looks like one of our own has come to save the day. Slick Rick with the save.

http://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/energy-chief-rick-perry-taps-emergency-oil-reserve-in-wake-of-harvey

I wonder if anyone might want to tell him that oil is not the issue. We've got plenty of oil. Its like the gas dude.
javajaws
AG
Ignac said:

Looks like one of our own has come to save the day. Slick Rick with the save.

http://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/energy-chief-rick-perry-taps-emergency-oil-reserve-in-wake-of-harvey

I wonder if anyone might want to tell him that oil is not the issue. We've got plenty of oil. Its like the gas dude.
Pretty sure there is no strategic gas reserve - only strategic PETROLEUM reserve.
Racer X
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.