Metroplex
Sponsored by

Gas?

10,942 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jtmoney03
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only saw one station without gas. 4 others had short lines.
Hood
AG

culdeus
AG
I also don't get huge lines for these places. How long does it take to fill a tank? 5 minutes? A 6 pump station should be moving maybe a car a minute thru. Most places are as much as double that.

Just seems insane that places that DO have gas have backlogs. I mean I get no gas = no customers.

What happens when the facebook moms put a run on milk and eggs and crap?
Goose
AG
Hood said:

OMG, even the gas trucks are having to wait in line for gas!!!
JDL 96
Checked 5 stations along garland road near white rock and Buckner this morning at 5 and NOTHING.

I dropped my daughter and wife this morning and am working remotely from a la Madeline near where my wife teaches.
aggielostinETX
AG
Work garage is empty
drewser95
AG
I couldn't choose the worst picture out of these:

http://www.centraltrack.com/look-idiots-going-nuts-gas-shortage/
powerbelly
AG
I want to know this guys plan.

Is he going to flip it?

AirplaneAg09
AG
I want to give this post so many more stars. This episode has been going through my head nonstop the past 24 hours!
JDL 96
Ubers cost 4 times normal.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Need gas near lake highlands, I guess I'll get out Saturday morning around 4:45am and hope to find something
aggielostinETX
AG
Texaco on church by plano rd....shhh
hatchback
AG
I'd also like to ask all of these idiots waiting in line how much is actually in their tank right now. If you've got more than 1/2 a tank, you're making things worse.
powerbelly
AG
hatchback said:

I'd also like to ask all of these idiots waiting in line how much is actually in their tank right now. If you've got more than 1/2 a tank, you're making things worse.
I have a coworker that waited 45 minutes in line to top off his tank yesterday. He had 3/4 a tank of gas, but "just wanted to be safe".
MGS
powerbelly51 said:

hatchback said:

I have a coworker that waited 45 minutes in line to top off his tank yesterday. He had 3/4 a tank of gas, but "just wanted to be safe".
Probably burned off another 1/4 tank waiting in line with the engine running.
GarlandAg2012
AG
So I have 3/4 of a tank and am not at all concerned with filling up today. But I'm driving to Fredericksburg tomorrow. Think the panic will be over by Monday? Getting back will be really annoying if I have to wait 45 mins just to fill up.
powerbelly
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

So I have 3/4 of a tank and am not at all concerned with filling up today. But I'm driving to Fredericksburg tomorrow. Think the panic will be over by Monday? Getting back will be really annoying if I have to wait 45 mins just to fill up.
If you HAVE to fill up, do it early in the morning.

There wasn't anyone at the gas station (that had gas) at 5am when I drove by.
John Maplethorpe
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

You'll probably be fine. Lines are shorter away from population centers. Red Oak, West, Jarrell, Temple.
Donald Trump is a protectionist like many other politicians, save that he unfurls his vast economic ignorance more fully and more proudly than do more seasoned politicians.
Goose
AG
powerbelly51 said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

If you HAVE to fill up, do it early in the morning.

There wasn't anyone at the gas station (that had gas) at 5am when I drove by.
That's my plan for tomorrow morning.

Edit: Went by a station I knew had gas this morning at about 6:30, but that was too late. Not crazy long lines yet, but pretty much complete chaos with drivers lined up from about 14 different angles trying to get to a pump. Said eff that, I'll wait a day.
JDL 96
GarlandAg2012 said:

I wouldn't count on the panic being over Monday. This started in just a few hours with no notice. And if you believe the "authorities" it is completely self induced, unnecessary, and avoidable. But it's real. I'd guess it's back to normal by or on Monday, but who knows.
ntxVol
Im headed to the hill country too!

If I can't get back well, that wouldn't really be a bad rhing.
Absolute
AG
Most places I have seen today are still out. Have seen a few that appear to have some gas and lines were less long. Until I got back in the 121 Frisco area where lines are ridiculous again with soccer moms.

I'm down to 5 or 6 gallons left. Luckily I filled up on Wednesday. Have enough to get home from my afternoon inspection and whatever various errands might be needed this weekend. Wife's car should be a little more full. Gonna roll the dice and hope things improve over the weekend. If not, it could be a problem come Tuesday.
dave94
AG
culdeus said:

I also don't get huge lines for these places. How long does it take to fill a tank? 5 minutes? A 6 pump station should be moving maybe a car a minute thru. Most places are as much as double that.

Just seems insane that places that DO have gas have backlogs. I mean I get no gas = no customers.

What happens when the facebook moms put a run on milk and eggs and crap?
I had to bite the bullet and get gas this morning since I was getting close to empty.

The pumps are running SUPER slow so it took me a good ten minutes to fill up.

JDL 96
Good luck. I'm halting all unnecessary travel until this stabilizes. There's a 5 hour old NASDAQ article where an analyst speculates this could be weeks. The Colonial piplene (1/8 of all US supply, much more than that for Texas Asn SE) was shutdown yesterday. He says the east coast (South Carolina, Georgia, etc) will be impacted. When that happens, hysteria amps up more and makes it all worse.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Yay Booster Fuel. Just filled my car with it sitting in the parking lot here at work.
Duncan Idaho
DannyDuberstein said:

Yay Booster Fuel. Just filled my car with it sitting in the parking lot here at work.

In normal times, how competitive are their prices? Is there a service fee?
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

DannyDuberstein said:

No service fee. The prices are right in line with the local gas stations. I commute about 4 miles and there is a RaceTrac near my neighborhood. Booster's pricing matches that pricing almost exactly all the time (they just offer 87 and 93 tho, no mid-premium). In fact, since I had not boosted in about a month, they'd emailed me a $5 off coupon that they applied to my fill-up today.

The only potential service fee is if you want faster delivery, and that is $3. If you send your request by 10am, they commit to fill-up by 4:30pm for no service charge. If you submit your request by 10am and pay the $3, they will fill up by noon. If you don't submit your request until after 10am, you have to pay $3 to have them do it before 4:30 (can request up to 2pm).

They do offer other services like window cleaning, airing up your tires, etc., and those are fairly pricey. But you don't have to get them.
Duncan Idaho
DannyDuberstein said:

Duncan Idaho said:

DannyDuberstein said:

No service fee. The prices are right in line with the local gas stations. I commute about 4 miles and there is a RaceTrac near my neighborhood. Booster's pricing matches that pricing almost exactly all the time (they just offer 87 and 93 tho, no mid-premium). In fact, since I had not boosted in about a month, they'd emailed me a $5 off coupon that they applied to my fill-up today.

The only potential service fee is if you want faster delivery, and that is $3. If you send your request by 10am, they commit to fill-up by 4:30pm for no service charge. If you submit your request by 10am and pay the $3, they will fill up by noon. If you don't submit your request until after 10am, you have to pay $3 to have them do it before 4:30 (can request up to 2pm).

They do offer other services like window cleaning, airing up your tires, etc., and those are fairly pricey. But you don't have to get them.

Thanks. I will have to keep them in mind if I ever get a job where I don't sit at home in my underwear.
txwxman
Wife waited 10 minutes at Kroger at Parker and DNT at 445 pm. Kroger employees were directing traffic. Pleasant experience. The Krogers here do a pretty decent HEB impersonation.

The wife's family members have been scaring her. I told her not to worry. (She had half a tank left and doesn't drive much.)

edit: I was diplomatic with the wife, but threw several snark grenades aimed at the lemmings all over facebook. Probably lost a "friend" or two, but since I'm not usually much of a facebook user, I DGAS.

edit 2: Annoyed my cube neighbor too by venting to her about my wife being worried with 2/3 of a tank. She proceeded to tell me she made her husband top off the vehicles the night before.
AG
hatchback said:

There's a massive line of cars wrapped around and through the shopping center to get gas at the Green Spot this morning. It's ridiculous. I want to go tell each and everyone one of those morons that they're part of the problem.
they were out of tacos at 8:30 and the kitchen was closed
permabull
AG
jac4
AG
Just drove up from CS to visit family for the weekend. Drove into 7-8 gas stations in Alvarado, Venus, Cedar Hill, and Duncanville. All out of gas.

I'm really questioning my decision making about coming up here.
Ol Jock 99
AG
...you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...
hatchback
AG
It was entertaining to watch the madness from my office on the second floor in the shopping center.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.