Metroplex
Sponsored by

Gas?

10,886 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jtmoney03
JDL 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GAS at Race Track 635 and NW Hwy. Some pumps DON't have gas, but some do. Drive around to a pump with gas. NO WAITING!!
chick79
AG
Just filled up in Richardson at Chevron at Arapaho and Jupiter. No wait!
Phat32
Carlo4
AG
Short lines (0-4 cars) in McKinney at a few places. Saw someone damage their car by angling terribly wrong as a spot opened (instead of driving like a normal person).

Several near misses at people honking about getting line.

Gas delivery driver was inside and joked about "heard you might want some gas". He said there was never an issue with supply but glad things are going back to normal.

Free entertainment
Pro Ag
AG
jac4 said:

Just drove up from CS to visit family for the weekend. Drove into 7-8 gas stations in Alvarado, Venus, Cedar Hill, and Duncanville. All out of gas.

I'm really questioning my decision making about coming up here.

Plenty of places in Waco and Hillsboro had gas yesterday evening.
permabull
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Anyone with < half left gets a pass in my book. I know some people who fill up at that point in normal times. Not me, I'm the guy who at least runs it below 1/4, but there are some that do.
Absolute
AG
No line this morning around 11 at the Walmart neighborhood market In Rowlett, though they only had 87 octane, so my car wasn't thrilled. But I was down to a couple gallons and figured it would have to deal with it.
JDL 96
GAS at Race Trac at 635 and NW Hwy at 4:30 am Sunday morning. BUT some pumps were out, and the clerk told me they were NOT getting resupplied.
DannyDuberstein
AG
permabull
AG
JDL 96
GAS with not much if any lines at Mockingbird / Abrams and NW Hwy and Easton and Sams at NW Hwy and Skillman.

SEEMS like things are easing some.

Hopefully this trend continue.
Oautlawag2005
AG
By now everyone has full tanks
91AggieLawyer
AG
No lines and gas at Shell at Marsh and Spring Valley. Filled up premium at 2.99. Many other stations in area closed.
AG
No gas this evening between forest and mockingbird on Greenville. Mockingbird and abrams 7-11 looked busy and may have had it, but that parking lot sucks and looked sketchy as usual.

Green spot had it and no one there, so I washed the car with 93.

JDL 96
I thought for a minute this morning about rebranding my "Fuel Supply Command Center" (aka computer) to "Coaching Change Command Center". I'm going to hold-off a bit, as that may be overly optimistic on one or both fronts.

Maybe - hopefully - today will clear up both?!?!?!?
Ol Jock 99
AG
The number of QuikTrips with fuel near me went way up overnight.
JDL 96
Ol Jock 99 said:

The number of QuikTrips with fuel near me went way up overnight.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Looks like fuelageddon is over in Dallas. Still lots of empty stations but I can report no lines at the stations with gas.
Donald Trump is a protectionist like many other politicians, save that he unfurls his vast economic ignorance more fully and more proudly than do more seasoned politicians.
JDL 96
John Maplethorpe said:

Looks like fuelageddon is over in Dallas. Still lots of empty stations but I can report no lines at the stations with gas.
That's what I've seen today too. Hopefully it holds tomorrow when people are back at work and school. I'm still going to do a 4:30 am top-off tomorrow morning for my wife.
riverrataggie
AG
JDL 96 said:

John Maplethorpe said:

That's what I've seen today too. Hopefully it holds tomorrow when people are back at work and school. I'm still going to do a 4:30 am top-off tomorrow morning for my wife.

Make sure to fill a 500 gallon reserve tank as well.
DannyDuberstein
AG
screw the reserve tank. a pickup bed full of trashcans will due.
Post removed:
by user
The Collective
AG
Quote:

430 AM, hopefully you got something in return for that.

445 blow jobs
Bunbury
AG
the "just in case top-off" is pretty much the mentality that caused this thing in the first place.
powerbelly
AG
Bunbury said:

the "just in case top-off" is pretty much the mentality that caused this thing in the first place.
Yep. He is part of the problem.
jtmoney03
AG
We'll probably have another shortage and run on gas in the morning, as all the people who topped off Thursday unnecessarily and off schedule, will all need gas tomorrow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.