Metroplex
Sponsored by

Looks like Game Watch Bar is still Eberhard

22,660 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JCPeinado09
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not always.

RAM 12
AG
FTAco07
AG
Awesome setup, great food, and a ton of Ags at Eberhard this morning!
bagger05
aggielostinETX
AG
Can't wait till we have a night game... and around the 4th quarter, the skinny jeans and neck beards start rolling in.
FTAco07
AG
quote:
Can't wait till we have a night game... and around the 4th quarter, the skinny jeans and neck beards start rolling in.
Now it's confirmed people don't even know what they're complaining about. Why are you worried about the skinny jean wearing neck beards that hang out in Bishop Arts coming to our game watch party at Eberhard?

If anyone wants to watch the Auburn game at a Bar with sound Eberhard is probably going to be your only option since the OU v tOSU game is on at the same time.
TexasAggie008
AG
LOL at defending Eberhard as a good place to watch college football
FTAco07
AG
Oh it's definitely not my first, second, or third choice to have our watch parties, but the fact remains it's our spot this year. I can guarantee you no other bar opened early and had 100+ people decked out in maroon for the Ag game yesterday. No v necks to be found, just people like you and me watching the Ags and enjoying good food and great wait staff service.

That being said I'm hoping we can take over Little Woodrows on Ross for next year's spot.
TexasAggie008
AG
By next year, the best hope is that a) Eberhard has closed down or b) the DAMC has different leadership
The Pilot
AG
From the pictures on FB, looks like the people are pretty content with game watching at Eberhard.
CoolAggie
AG
So Stan's or Eberhard for old farts ('98) like me?
TexasAggie008
AG
If you aren't a complete dbag tool then stans
dave94
AG
Interestingly, a friend who's a Michigan State alum said that their gamewatching is now at Eberhard also so they'll be sharing with the A&M club since both games are at 6. She said the upstairs and outside will be them.
FTAco07
AG
If you want sound with the game then Eberhard. Crowd is starting to roll in already.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I'm at stans now but it's almost entirely tech people. Considering migrating to eberhard Dangit
dave94
AG
quote:
I'm at stans now but it's almost entirely tech people. Considering migrating to eberhard Dangit

I just got to Stan's. Sitting on the couch by the dartboard. No sound but I'm gonna ride it out
FTAco07
AG
Lol. There's 200 Ags at Eberhard with full sound. Why you make yourself sit through anything less just because of a an erroneous preconceived notion about a bar is beyond me.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I'm here now!
dave94
AG
To be clear, I went to Stan's with a group because we were out all day and then we know the bartenders and wait staff. I know some girls that were going to Eberhard for the watch party and I'm sure it was a good time.
Joan Wilder
AG
We are in Dallas next weekend - for an 8pm kickoff is Eberhard or Stan's a better bet?
bagger05
AG
I was once at The Eberhard watching a soccer game in the evening. At 9:45 we basically had the place to ourselves. The playlist was old 90s alternative. Honestly a really nice vibe that left me wondering what all the complaining on the Metroplex board was about. Everything was totally fine.

When the clock ticked from 9:59 to 10:00 it was like a switch was flipped. Suddenly, almost out of nowhere, there were about eight big guys in black Baby Gap t-shirts that said "SERCURITY." A bunch of d-bags appeared as if the cops had broken up an SMU frat party next door. The music switched to oonsa oonsa club music. Suddenly it was very clear that my friends and I just didn't quite belong there.

This is of course a slight exaggeration, but in all seriousness the clientele and vibe did almost a complete 180 over the course of no more than five or ten minutes. It was actually quite remarkable.

It sounds like there have been good crowds at the Eberhard up until now, but I don't know how the club plans to balance out their commitment to the DAMC and their normal paying customers. Obviously the Ags that are there will be firmly in place before the witching hour, but I imagine that at around 10 there are going to be lots of their usual customers that show up looking to do their normal thing.
FTAco07
AG
I imagine the crowd is going to be much smaller this weekend since people will be at the game is in Arlington. I know our group of 10+ that's been there the last two weeks won't be this Saturday.
WBC1994
AG
quote:
We are in Dallas next weekend - for an 8pm kickoff is Eberhard or Stan's a better bet?

Clarke95 - We (Frisco & Collin County AMC) have watching party in North Plano @ II Brothers on Preston. Last week we had over 100 and a private bar for just Ags.

[url=https://www.facebook.com/events/329143640762236/]Frisco Watching Party - Event List[/url]
Gigem
MM
Truman2001
AG
How's Sat crowd for usc gonna be?
TravelinAg76
AG
Corps_Ag12,

Agree, Tarrant Aggie Club game watching venues have been terrible of late. We need something closer to FTW.

Like you said, my vote would be T&P or Frankies, or Brass Tap downtown. My only suggestions on West 7th would be Bar Louie or Social House.. as the rest of the bars over there haven't been the most Aggie friendly in my experience.

Happy to help spread the word for an "unofficial" Tarrant Ags meetup.
Aries
I love Brass Tap. I miss Brass Tap.
The Pilot
AG
Went to Eberhard on Saturday, good crowd.
HBCanine08
AG
I'll be up there this Saturday for the State Fair.

Any game watching recommendations besides Eberhard?

TIA.
FTAco07
AG
Going to the State Fair on Texas/OU weekend is a bold move. Probably aren't going to be many bars with a strong Ag presence that day.
walton91
Quote:

I'll be up there this Saturday for the State Fair.
I went to the Fair on Sunday. You aren't missing anything. That being said there are now multiple bars in Expo Park (Craft & Growler, Eight Bells, Expo Bar) literally across the street from Fair Park. While not exactly "game watching" type bars, they are as close as you can get from FP. Just up Exposition is The Underpass (I think its still open) and also Cold Beer company on the eastern edge of Deep Ellum.
The Collective
AG
FTAco07 said:

Going to the State Fair on Texas/OU weekend is a bold move. Probably aren't going to be many bars with a strong Ag presence that day.

But plenty of Aggie game watching though.
HBCanine08
AG
Thanks!
mhayden
Social House had tables reserved and signs for Missouri game watching last Saturday.

Missouri has a FW game watching presence and Texas A&M doesn't.
PlanoAg98
AG
I live in Plano. I go to every home game. For away games, I do watch it with an A&M club. I live in Plano so I've only been to Eberhard once for a game watching. Parking is horrible. There were way to few tables. I went with an LSU friend to Stan's several years ago and it appeared to be a pretty good set up. There's got to be a place in Dallas with more parking and tables than Eberhard has.
Marsh
AG
In the same situation as HBCanine and will be at the fair Saturday morning. If I'm forced to watch the game at a bar, I definitely think I'd prefer to watch it with other Aggies. Typically I'd love to semi-watch other games while the Aggies are playing, but I think specifically for this game I want all of my attention on A&M. For this particular situation, do yall recommend going to Eberhard? TIA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.