Metroplex
Sponsored by

Looks like Game Watch Bar is still Eberhard

22,657 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JCPeinado09
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

A whole lot of well-to-do Aggies in the Metroplex, hard for me to believe you can't go to a few of these bar managers and tell them they'll be getting food orders, drink orders, and tips from 30+ college graduates (with decent jobs) over a 3 hour span and they'd say they can't guarantee seating.
It is not that they can't, it is that they won't and don't give a **** that they are chasing away potential members and they are leaving donation money on the table.
JR Ewingford
quote:
This and the Tarrant County A&M Club watching party is at Grease Monkey in Arlington (which is damn near in Dallas County).

Any other Ft Worth people want to come up with our unofficial game watching spot? I'm not driving to Arlington, much less Dallas.

My suggestions:

Frankie's downtown
T&P Tavern
Somewhere on 7th Street
I know they had some activities at the Trophy Ranch off 7th st during baseball season. May not be a lot of people's cup of tea as it gets pretty skeezy with young Tcu girls later during the evening. Boomer Jacks may be another place worth looking at in the Montgomery Plaza.
mhayden
If I'm not mistaken, Boomerjacks is still the UT game watching locale.

Nevermind, just checked --- they have a spot at World of Beer now.
Unc07
AG
It's not that they don't care. It has more to do with the amount of money that the selected watch spot donates to the club. Not sure I believe that they are leaving much in donations on the table, as they don't collect anything from people that go to the game watching parties.

I have nothing to do with the game watching parties. I also don't like the Eberhard. I thought it was just fine for the A&M basketball games though. Every TV was on our game, except those we asked to be changed to other games. ****** bar? Of course, but taking it over with as many people as we did for the tournament games really pretty much negated that. The set up itself isn't bad for watching games either.

I do know that the DAMC would welcome a volunteer to head up game watching parties for next season.
Corps_Ag12
AG
All good Fort Worth suggestions so far. Sucks that Fox downtown had to close. I would say Ojos Locos as they have a **** ton of tv's but if you don't think it gets worse than Redneck Heaven, it does at Ojos Locos.

So far:
Boomer Jacks
Railhead
Trophy Ranch
Frankie's
T&P Tavern (doesn't open until 2 pm on Saturdays but I'll talk to the manager next time I'm there about morning games if anyone is interested)
Los Vaqueros - Stockyards
Landmark

Has anyone watched a game at Malone's behind the law school?

I will say I've watched games at Redneck Heaven, Twin Peaks, Ojos Locos, and Hooters. There's nothing wrong with those places, but a big group just isn't going to happen on a Saturday.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Even Trinity hall would be good if they don't have soccer playing on Saturday afternoon/nights. But I'm guessing they may have soccer conflicts.
Nope. The latest matches and these are rare would end at 1:30 usually. They have no issue accommadating folks that want to watch a football game.
mncag
It's not bad during the football games it's when the crowd after 11 o'clock gets there and no Aggie will be there
TexasAggie008
AG
quote:
It's not bad during the football games it's when the crowd after 11 o'clock gets there and no Aggie will be there
Yes, it is bad....Unless you want to hole up in an empty club and not interact with other humans like most of us want to do if we are out watching football on a Saturday.

The place is a desolate, empty club by day that no one would set foot in if not for the idiotic DAMC leaders being in cahoots with the owners and force feeding us as many events there as possible
TexasAggie008
AG
Craigy
Stan's was great for the 2013 Bama game. Got to see a pretty great fight (actually just a sucker punch knockout) with some great drama afterwards.

Lt. Joe I was there also. I didn't see the punch just all the dramatics after...I was at the other end of the bar
WBC1994
AG
Well... I know that it is so hard to find a place. As I have been doing that for 5 years up in Frisco. Its tougher than you think, I understand it is not traditional. If you really want a 2nd location... I bet if several volunteer to host a location they'd be open to it. I get tons of grief that II Brothers is not in Frisco, but we tried to find a stable, family acceptable location that can guarantee a private area with TVs and sound...

But if you want to come up the Tollway to the Frisco / Collin County watching party at II Brothers in Plano off of Preston. If we fill the back room Josh will turn on TVs in the main rooms.

Come early as the best seats fill up. follow the yellow feet back.

Frisco Watching Party

#BTHOucla
Gigem
MM
sanitariex
AG
Not that I would ever go that far north, but II Brothers would be an AWESOME location for a watch party. Spent many afternoons there in the past.
Phat32
AG
We'll just keep having the unofficial watch party with more people at Stan's.
CardiffGiant
AG
Is that Stan's in the colony that is off Main Street?
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Is that Stan's in the colony that is off Main Street?

Lower greenville
CardiffGiant
AG
Would that be Stan's Blue Note?
PrincessButtercup
AG
Yep
PatAg
AG
quote:
All good Fort Worth suggestions so far. Sucks that Fox downtown had to close. I would say Ojos Locos as they have a **** ton of tv's but if you don't think it gets worse than Redneck Heaven, it does at Ojos Locos.

So far:
Boomer Jacks
Railhead
Trophy Ranch
Frankie's
T&P Tavern (doesn't open until 2 pm on Saturdays but I'll talk to the manager next time I'm there about morning games if anyone is interested)
Los Vaqueros - Stockyards
Landmark

Has anyone watched a game at Malone's behind the law school?

I will say I've watched games at Redneck Heaven, Twin Peaks, Ojos Locos, and Hooters. There's nothing wrong with those places, but a big group just isn't going to happen on a Saturday.
Except that those places are filled with the trash of the world
Corps_Ag12
AG
Maybe, but they are still fun places to enjoy a game with a few buddies.

aBouncedCzech
AG
Sorry to be the old grumpy Ag here, but THIS is exactly the reason I don't do anything with the Dallas A&M Club. It seems like they cater to a certain type of person, and I always feel uncomfortable going to events. When the game watching parties moved up away from Stan's and moved up to Addison and then to Uptown, I realized that the people that were in control of the club were not the same types of people I went to school with.

I went to the Lake Highlands Muster this year, and it was exactly what I was looking for. Maybe Lake Highlands or Lakewood should start their own A&M club, that caters to an older, less ******y demographic?
sanitariex
AG
THIS. We should set up our own watch parties where we want to go.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Stans was awesome this weekend.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Stan's was great for the 2013 Bama game. Got to see a pretty great fight (actually just a sucker punch knockout) with some great drama afterwards.

Lt. Joe I was there also. I didn't see the punch just all the dramatics after...I was at the other end of the bar

Man. We were right next to it. It was great.

Quick recap on it:
Aggie girl talking **** at the beginning of the game when we were up and being obnoxious
Bama girl starts talking a lot of **** and being obnoxious when they get up
Aggie girl talks **** on the way to the bathroom and walk right by where she was sitting
Aggie girl continues to talk **** when coming out of the bathroom and walks by Bama girl's table
Bama girl throws her beer in Aggie girl's face
Aggie girl's boyfriend cold cocks this pervy old dude that was hitting on some of the Bama girl's friends that they didn't even really know. Just because he was the closest guy and he didn't want to hit a girl

Cops called. Boyfriend arrested and taken away. Bama girl had some relation to the mayor (that may be bs, but someone said it). I'm having to tell my account to the cops while being 3 sheets to the wind after having a few pitchers.

Great time and my kind of bar. Stan's is so much more ****ing SEC than the places the DAMC wants to go.
TexasAggie008
AG
Keep encouraging everyone you know to go to stans and not dbaghard
walton91
Gotta say, I was turned off when I found out what the Eberhard is, and I am certainly not in their target demographic. However, what the place is from 11pm-2am is not the same during a Saturday afternoon watching football. I've been there twice. Once 2 weeks ago to check it out, and for the UCLA game. Pretty sure every tv in the place (except upstairs) was on our game, with audio, pretty dang good bar food, and staff was friendly. My only complaint is that they don't have craft beer on draft, but they do have an acceptable list of craft in cans/bottles. I suppose that you can allow yourself to be turned off by the look of a place but to suggest this is the worst place for game watching is not true.
YouBet
AG
I've never been to eberhard but it seems to me if a lot of Aggies go and take over the place then you don't have to worry about the typical uptown D bags showing up. Frankly, they probably don't want to hang out with a bunch of Aggies either so it cuts both ways.
The Collective
AG
On Fort Worth watching, it seems like Railhead is a pretty big TCU place, whether they are home or away. I'm not sure if it is an official or unofficial thing.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Eberhard isn't in uptown. HTH.
bagger05
AG
quote:
Gotta say, I was turned off when I found out what the Eberhard is, and I am certainly not in their target demographic. However, what the place is from 11pm-2am is not the same during a Saturday afternoon watching football. I've been there twice. Once 2 weeks ago to check it out, and for the UCLA game. Pretty sure every tv in the place (except upstairs) was on our game, with audio, pretty dang good bar food, and staff was friendly. My only complaint is that they don't have craft beer on draft, but they do have an acceptable list of craft in cans/bottles. I suppose that you can allow yourself to be turned off by the look of a place but to suggest this is the worst place for game watching is not true.
I think it is a question of overall atmosphere.

There are lots of people that want to watch the game at a sports bar. A sports bar is just a different atmosphere. You've got all the games on TV, other fans, and just a totally different vibe. The Eberhard is a club, and while it checks off the boxes (our game on TV, sound, parking, management willing to accommodate, etc) it has a different feel from a sports bar and THAT is the atmosphere that a lot of people want.

I've been to the watch parties at The Eberhard for the basketball games, and I agree that it isn't a bad place to watch. Plenty of TVs, sound for the game, pretty good food, etc. But lots of people want to watch the game at a BAR and The Eberhard just isn't really a bar.

If all you care about is watching the A&M game and that's it, then The Eberhard is a fine venue. The DAMC has said on this forum that all they really care about is the A&M game. So that's fine. However, The Eberhard doesn't accommodate people who want to:

- Watch the A&M game at a sports bar
- Watch college football all day at the same spot
- Watch other games besides the A&M game while our game is going on
- Be in an atmosphere with lots of other college football fans
mavsfan4ever
AG
quote:
quote:
I think it is a question of overall atmosphere.

There are lots of people that want to watch the game at a sports bar. A sports bar is just a different atmosphere. You've got all the games on TV, other fans, and just a totally different vibe. The Eberhard is a club, and while it checks off the boxes (our game on TV, sound, parking, management willing to accommodate, etc) it has a different feel from a sports bar and THAT is the atmosphere that a lot of people want.

I've been to the watch parties at The Eberhard for the basketball games, and I agree that it isn't a bad place to watch. Plenty of TVs, sound for the game, pretty good food, etc. But lots of people want to watch the game at a BAR and The Eberhard just isn't really a bar.

If all you care about is watching the A&M game and that's it, then The Eberhard is a fine venue. The DAMC has said on this forum that all they really care about is the A&M game. So that's fine. However, The Eberhard doesn't accommodate people who want to:

- Watch the A&M game at a sports bar
- Watch college football all day at the same spot
- Watch other games besides the A&M game while our game is going on
- Be in an atmosphere with lots of other college football fans
Exactly. End of thread.
TexasAggie008
AG
Yep

I'll also mention that we are the one exception...EVERYONE else does their watch party at a venue as described in the post (sports bar, can watch other games too, interact with other people, etc).

Only A&M has chosen to "outsmart" the others by having the watch party at an empty club. If it was such a great idea then we wouldn't be the only alumni group in town being forced into this option.
grego
AG
quote:
Pretty sure every tv in the place (except upstairs) was on our game,

Huge negative
ChiveOn
AG
would it appease the game watching snobs that need every game available on at the same time, to just ask the staff to change dang channels on some of the screens?
bagger05
AG
Are people going to be at Stan's tomorrow?
Corps_Ag12
AG
quote:
Are people going to be at Stan's tomorrow?

Does the pope wear a funny hat?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.