Metroplex
Sponsored by

Looks like Game Watch Bar is still Eberhard

22,671 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JCPeinado09
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty much every bar I've been to in the last week or two has had up advertisements about what they're doing for Texas-OU weekend. So even though their game will pretty much be over by the time coverage starts on ours, I'd still expect most bars to have people still hanging around after whatever promotion they're running for the RRS.

Eberhard is totally fine. Basically all Ags. Food is good, crowd will be big. Not a sports bar but a fine option for watching the Ags (especially for a day game).
TexasAggie008
AG
Yep, if you want to be around 10000% Aggies and that is your main priority, then its "fine"

As far as bars this weekend, a perfect day will be dejected tu fans having to exit their shi*ty 11AM kick off after a loss (whether it be from the stadium, or from the TV) and watch A&M land a top 10 win on national TV against another top 10 team
Naveronski
AG
It's game day!
Naveronski
AG
$20 valet only?! Holy ****ing *****
powerbelly
AG
Naveronski said:

But guise, it's awesome
TexasAggie008
AG
Tool fest

Is the club president wearing his aggie affliction shirt ?
aggielostinETX
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Naveronski said:

But guise, it's awesome
Naveronski
AG
We parked on the street. Hanging with other Ags outside.

Eh, it leaves a lot to be desired.
Marsh
AG
I didn't think Eberhard was that bad of an experience. Good number of TVs and service was pretty decent for the amount of people they had in there. A few bad things (but things you'd find at most Aggie watch parties, even in Houston):
  • Parking sucked
  • OU/Texas game ran late so we had to watch the Aggie game without sound for 15-20 mins
  • Severe lack of tables. I arrived an hour early and all the tables were taken. Had to buddy up with some OU people to be able to get their table when they left.

Even so, it was an enjoyable experience. Not as bad as I was expecting based off some of the comments.
FincAg
AG
I thought Eberhard was OUR bar on gameday? I mean, that's the reason I read why the A&M club is there. OU and Texas game on with sound while the Ags were on CBS? Does not compute.
powerbelly
AG
FincAg said:

I thought Eberhard was OUR bar on gameday? I mean, that's the reason I read why the A&M club is there. OU and Texas game on with sound while the Ags were on CBS? Does not compute.
srsly guise, it is our bar, unless OU or tu want it. Then we share, its no big deal.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Can't believe there are four pages on this. Am I the only one who prefers to buy a 12 pack and watch the game at home by myself (or maybe with a couple of buddies)?

Since moving to DFW after graduation in 2010, I think I've watched like 3 games at a bar.
mhayden
Ervin Burrell said:

Can't believe there are four pages on this. Am I the only one who prefers to buy a 12 pack and watch the game at home by myself (or maybe with a couple of buddies)?

Since moving to DFW after graduation in 2010, I think I've watched like 3 games at a bar.

Some prefer a more social atmosphere.
dave94
AG
I went to the new Little Woodrow's and enjoyed watching the longhorn fans get their hopes up early only to be disappointed. There were plenty of aggies there to watch our game so it was a good day, even though we all almost had heart attacks during the 4th quarter and overtime.

I ALWAYS prefer to be out and about with a good crowd to watch games.

Rocco S
Watching at a bar with a whole bunch of like minded fans is a good compromise between the atmosphere of being at the game, the price of attending a game, and the conveniences of watching at home.
TexasAggie008
AG
To make today even worse, I see this on twitter right after the loss

One of these bars is not like the other

http://p.d-news.co/bauh
TXAGFAN
AG
I laughed when they posted a video a couple weeks back of people sawing them off post game...I didn't see a single damn TV.
PlanoAg98
AG
I went there for the Bama game. It was way too small to hold the crowd. There was not a seat to be had an hour before the game.
dave94
AG
I see that the UCLA gamewatching is at Parlay on McKinney. Is that the new spot for the whole season?

For those that don't know, it's next to the Quarter Bar, used to be called So & So's. They're apparently trying to be more of a sports bar than what S&S was. I happened to stop in there a week ago and the renovation was an improvement. I guess we'll see if it's too Uptowny for old army.
P.U.T.U
AG
Is it big enough?
The Pilot
AG
No matter where they move it, people will still not like it. People will complain about something.
mavsfan4ever
AG
The Pilot said:

No matter where they move it, people will still not like it. People will complain about something.
That's not true. If they moved it to an actual sports bar, what would anyone have to complain about?

I've never been to Parlay (have just seen pics online), but it at least looks to be a step in the right direction compared to where it has been the last few years, assuming it is actually a sports bar like atmosphere during the day. It still has an uppity, doushey vibe that may scare alot of people away, but at least the TV setup looks decent. There are still better options, but I may at least go give this bar a shot for a game to see what it's like.
GarlandAg2012
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

The Pilot said:

That's not true. If they moved it to an actual sports bar, what would anyone have to complain about?

I've never been to Parlay (have just seen pics online), but it at least looks to be a step in the right direction compared to where it has been the last few years, assuming it is actually a sports bar like atmosphere during the day. It still has an uppity, doushey vibe that may scare alot of people away, but at least the TV setup looks decent. There are still better options, but I may at least go give this bar a shot for a game to see what it's like.
Having planned happy hours for young professionals, here are a few of the complaints you can never make go away:

"That place sucks"

"There's more to Dallas than Uptown"

"If they'd have it near my house then I would go"

"It's way too loud"

"I couldn't hear the game"

etc etc
mavsfan4ever
AG
Haha, ok I guess I should have said there would not be any legitimate excuses if they had it at a good sports bar in Dallas.
Street_Cred_Norm
dave94 said:

I see that the UCLA gamewatching is at Parlay on McKinney. Is that the new spot for the whole season?

For those that don't know, it's next to the Quarter Bar, used to be called So & So's. They're apparently trying to be more of a sports bar than what S&S was. I happened to stop in there a week ago and the renovation was an improvement. I guess we'll see if it's too Uptowny for old army.

It's for the season according to the owners. Its the same guys who own whippersnapper and high fives on Henderson. Good dudes, lots of pro athletes hang out at their bars.
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

lots of pro athletes hang out at their bars.
Usually not a good sign.
Ol Jock 99
AG
You mean getting in a fight with a 1st round RB doesn't sound fun?
Street_Cred_Norm
powerbelly51 said:

Quote:

lots of pro athletes hang out at their bars.
Usually not a good sign.

It's because the owners go above and beyond to take care of them. That trend started when they owned Sfuzzi and has moved on to all their other bars. For fellow Hockey fans, lots of the guys on the Stars hang out there during the season.

Players on other teams also know about it as well.
97ag
AG
If anyone is looking for an alternate location for game watching, I talked to the manager at the new Slater's 50/50 on Greenville yesterday (it's the old GBG spot between Terilli's and Dodie's Reef). He's an Aggie and is very interested in getting an Aggie crowd in there for games. He said he will have the sound on and play the War Hymn.

Just wanted to share the info for those like me who have no desire to venture to Uptown. Gig 'em and BTHOucla!
Whoop2018
AG
Definitely agree with 97ag on the Slaters 50/50 location. Great new burger bar from California that just opened in June. Terrific craft burgers and tons of craft beer. I had talked with the GM there earlier and confirmed game will be on, with sound, and the War Hymn. Would be cool to get a ton of Ags there and make it a new GameDay location. BTHOucla!
PrincessButtercup
AG
I went to slaters first and there were maybe 3 Aggies. Then went to Parlays with maybe 300 Aggies, but at 28, I felt ancient. And the club music during commercials was obnoxious.

Still looking for a good game watching experience (aside from the crap second half we had).
mavsfan4ever
AG
You sound ancient if you are complaining about music during commercials.

Jk...but seriously, haha. I'm older than you by a few years and I don't mind music during commercials. I like it better than listening to the commercials. I go to Granada for some cowboys games and the super bowl and they do the same thing.

I would imagine everyone there has to at least be 23+ so doubt anyone was thinking you were too old.

All that said, I was out of town this weekend so didn't go to the watch party. I would say I'll try to make one this year, but not sure if I can even watch another game after this one. Made it worse that I was in Tahoe and had money on ags and then a parlay of ags moneyline and the over. I had already taken a victory shot before it all went downhill.
walton91
Made it to Parlay about 5:45 and it was standing room only. Felt like that place is half the size of Eberhard. Can't imagine how packed it will be when there are actually other games on before ours. Ended up down at Eastwoods, which seems like a good overflow spot.
PTXaggie08
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I had already taken a victory shot before it all went downhill.
PrincessButtercup
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

You sound ancient if you are complaining about music during commercials.

Jk...but seriously, haha. I'm older than you by a few years and I don't mind music during commercials. I like it better than listening to the commercials. I go to Granada for some cowboys games and the super bowl and they do the same thing.

I would imagine everyone there has to at least be 23+ so doubt anyone was thinking you were too old.

All that said, I was out of town this weekend so didn't go to the watch party. I would say I'll try to make one this year, but not sure if I can even watch another game after this one. Made it worse that I was in Tahoe and had money on ags and then a parlay of ags moneyline and the over. I had already taken a victory shot before it all went downhill.

I'm 29 (as of yesterday) but most people think I look 21. I don't think anyone thought I was too old to be there.

I think it was the overall package that made it less of a desirable sports watching experience. The DJ during commercials was only part of it. I think a lot of people would probably like it, if they are into the uptown scene.

I might just go back to Stans or somewhere with a more relaxed sports bar feel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.