Metroplex
Sponsored by

HEB in Bedford

17,253 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tysker
realestateguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Please explain to me why everyone gets so excited about HEB?

Because people like better stuff for cheaper prices.

Just curious how you know that? I go to a massive Kroger that sells everything from fine jewelry, 4 aisles of organic food, and 24 hour fresh sushi, and a manager that directs customers in the checkouts. You could be right on price but I don't take the time to price check.
HEB Plus will kick any Kroger Marketplace's ass when/if they decide to go next door to one. Not even close.

Better prices. Better produce. Better meat. Better C.S. Just a better overall place. Only grocer that can compete with Walmart...and win.
I'm all for it if its true. Meanwhile I'll suffer through Kroger/Whole foods/Costco.
ftworthag02
AG
We have to suffer through tcu Kroger (only plus is the ladies!), fiesta, and albertsons (formerly minyards). Also drive a ways to central market
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
why everyone gets so excited about HEB?
1. Kroger sucks.
2. Minyard is better but not much, plus, the store near me is closing.
3. Tom Thumb is decent but they don't carry some things I want. Same with Albertsons, and the nearest one isn't real close to me.
4. The mediocre HEBs I've been in are better than what we have now. Better bakery, better produce, at least as good meats (as TT), FAR better dairy (though I go to Braums for most of that now), and seems to have better selection of general grocery items.
5. Most importantly, competition can only improve things. But if Kroger goes out of business, I won't lose sleep.
ftworthag02
AG
Customer service at heb blows everyone else out of the water
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
HEB owns a plot of land at Cheek-Sparger and 121, across from Wal-Mart. I had not heard they were actually moving forward with plans to build though.

Great news if true!

PLEASE BE TRUE
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
quote:
HEB owns a plot of land at Cheek-Sparger and 121, across from Wal-Mart. I had not heard they were actually moving forward with plans to build though.

Great news if true!

PLEASE BE TRUE

It is true but Kroger is going to build a huge marketplace store in glade parks across from Walmart so HEB prob won't end up building there, or at least not any time soon. Wish they would though. Not far from me.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I hate when they mix groceries and clothes/electronics in the same store.

That being said moving from Dallas to Austin two years ago, our grocery bill has dropped dramatically, because of the ability to go to HEB for high end goods and staples. We used to by fresh product at Central Market/Whole Foods and staples at Kroger. We ended up usually just getting everything at CM. Also customer serving and store layout are dramatically better than Kroger/Randall's.
Post removed:
by user
nai06
AG
quote:
quote:
why everyone gets so excited about HEB?
1. Kroger sucks.
2. Minyard is better but not much, plus, the store near me is closing.
3. Tom Thumb is decent but they don't carry some things I want. Same with Albertsons, and the nearest one isn't real close to me.
4. The mediocre HEBs I've been in are better than what we have now. Better bakery, better produce, at least as good meats (as TT), FAR better dairy (though I go to Braums for most of that now), and seems to have better selection of general grocery items.
5. Most importantly, competition can only improve things. But if Kroger goes out of business, I won't lose sleep.
holy **** I didnt think Minyard was still around
HEB is good, but on par with a good Kroger
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Walmart Neighborhood Market is a good grocery store in my hood. There is a Kroger across the street that charges 30% more for the same items. I've never understood adults that are afraid to shop at Walmart because of a stigma. And what kind of customer service do you need at a grocery store? Read the aisles and go a few times and it is pretty easy to figure out where things are.

Carrollton?
Post removed:
by user
'03ag
quote:
Walmart Neighborhood Market is a good grocery store in my hood. There is a Kroger across the street that charges 30% more for the same items. I've never understood adults that are afraid to shop at Walmart because of a stigma. And what kind of customer service do you need at a grocery store? Read the aisles and go a few times and it is pretty easy to figure out where things are.
very few people are avoiding walmart because of "stigma."
My Dad Earl
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Please explain to me why everyone gets so excited about HEB?

Because people like better stuff for cheaper prices.

Just curious how you know that? I go to a massive Kroger that sells everything from fine jewelry, 4 aisles of organic food, and 24 hour fresh sushi, and a manager that directs customers in the checkouts. You could be right on price but I don't take the time to price check.
HEB Plus will kick any Kroger Marketplace's ass when/if they decide to go next door to one. Not even close.

Better prices. Better produce. Better meat. Better C.S. Just a better overall place. Only grocer that can compete with Walmart...and win.
This scenario is playing out in Burleson. Kroger Marketplace just built up right next door to HEB Plus and there is rarely anybody there. HEB is always packed.
aglaohfour
AG
quote:
We have to suffer through tcu Kroger (only plus is the ladies!), fiesta, and albertsons (formerly minyards). Also drive a ways to central market

That TCU Kroger sucks so much. It's the closest grocery store to our house, so I'll go there in a pinch, but on more than a few occasions, they haven't had something fairly basic that I needed. Annoying. Mostly shop at the Tom Thumb on Hulen, and it's fine, but I would ditch it in a heartbeat for an HEB within 15 minutes drive time.
AG
quote:

That TCU Kroger sucks so much. It's the closest grocery store to our house, so I'll go there in a pinch, but on more than a few occasions, they haven't had something fairly basic that I needed. Annoying. Mostly shop at the Tom Thumb on Hulen, and it's fine, but I would ditch it in a heartbeat for an HEB within 15 minutes drive time.

Isnt there already one at Hulen and 30?
aglaohfour
AG
Technically, yes, but it's an HEB Central Market. And we do shop there couple times a month for special items or when we're hosting guests. I love it, a lot. But a week's worth of groceries there for the whole family seems to always be close to $300. I can get out of Tom Thumb with just as much food for $175 or so.
Yesterday
AG
quote:
No shame in shopping at Wal-Mart for this guy. Feeding a family of four with diapers and formula can get damn pricey. That said, it's a basic food place for us. If we need steaks, anything deli, veggies when wal-mart is either out or looks meh we go to the Kroger in Las Colinas. They just re-did the place and it's pretty nice.

If there was an HEB nearby we would probably still pick up all the basics at Wal-Mart but skip out on Kroger for the aforementioned items.
agnatgas
AG
The Houston Bunker Hill store is an excellent grocery store and a favorite based on my location and their top quality selection.

On the downside, it's crowded much of the time and frequented by area Type A's who leave their manners at home.

Wish we had Braum's in Houston Love the burger / ice cream / mini grocery store combo..
realestateguru
AG
quote:
The Houston Bunker Hill store is an excellent grocery store and a favorite based on my location and their top quality selection.

On the downside, it's crowded much of the time and frequented by area Type A's who leave their manners at home.

Wish we had Braum's in Houston Love the burger / ice cream / mini grocery store combo..
Where is Bunker Hill? This is the metroplex chief.
ToddyHill
AG
As I recall, it's near the Memorial area.
AGSmith
AG
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/20160815-here-comes-h-e-b-san-antonio-based-grocer-buys-six-d-fw-sites.ece

quote:
San Antonio-based H-E-B/Central Market just made another big leap into the Dallas-Fort Worth market with the purchase of six Sun Fresh Market stores.

The stores are located at:

McKinney - Hardin Boulevard and El Dorado Parkway

Grapevine - State Highway 121 and Hall Johnson Road

Dallas - McKinney Avenue and Lemmon Avenue

Dallas - Northwest Highway and Midway Road

Dallas - Northwest Highway and Ferndale Road

Dallas - Mockingbird Lane and Abrams Road
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/20160815-here-comes-h-e-b-san-antonio-based-grocer-buys-six-d-fw-sites.ece

quote:
San Antonio-based H-E-B/Central Market just made another big leap into the Dallas-Fort Worth market with the purchase of six Sun Fresh Market stores.

Less than 1 mile away
Buford Tannen
AG
This store is about a 5 minute walk from my house. My wife and I just had a party when she saw the article
AGSmith
AG
The Grapevine store is on my way home from work
powerbelly
AG
Northwest Highway and Midway is a five minute walk for me
FincAg
AG
Walking distance .5 miles
FincAg
AG
So my AT&T guy was not kidding around.
realestateguru
AG
quote:
My next move will be based on the HEB location(s).

Really? Moving houses because of a grocery store??
Boat Shoes
AG
Just mapped it. 1500' to the Lakewood location. Dream come true!
harge57
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Less than 1 mile away

Talmbout
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
quote:
My next move will be based on the HEB location(s).

Really? Moving houses because of a grocery store??
you sure you're in real estate?
Quinn
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Less than 1 mile away

Talmbout

Same
sanitariex
AG
Holy crap! Finally! Mockingbird/Abrams is a mile from me, this is awesome!!
agcrock2005
AG
This is a big sign that they're coming in with a bang. I bet distribution center is coming soon and then it's on.
TheWoodsAg
AG
A lot of HEB chest bumping and selective memory in this thread (but they have Whataburger ketchup and True Texas BBQ!!) . I live near one of the biggest ones in Texas off Bunker Hill and I-10 in Houston and their prices/service/selection are no better than any high-end Kroger. A lot of y'all are going to be disappointed with God's gift to grocery stores....you can't offer better product and lower prices when you have higher real-estate and distribution costs compared to your competition unless you're willing to lose money.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.