Metroplex
Sponsored by

HEB in Bedford

17,239 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tysker
Twice an Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So jealous that they are getting a new HEB store. Maybe they will start moving on some of the other locations soon too!
GrapevineAg 1998
AG
Is this confirmed? Awesome if true!
Cappo
AG
Where are they building it at
metrag06
AG
HEB owns a plot of land at Cheek-Sparger and 121, across from Wal-Mart. I had not heard they were actually moving forward with plans to build though.

Great news if true!
Hincemm
AG
I think they're doing one in Mansfield too. I'll check.
GrapevineAg 1998
AG
quote:
HEB owns a plot of land at Cheek-Sparger and 121, across from Wal-Mart. I had not heard they were actually moving forward with plans to build though.

Great news if true!

That's what I've heard also. They have cleared a lot of land across from the Walmart , so hopefully they decided to build soon.
Aries
Land clearing for the one going up in Hudson Oaks has started. Looks like the HEB migration is finally happening.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
HEB in HEB = redundant
Twice an Aggie
AG
Now to start the one in Murphy near my new house...
DallasAggie2012
AG
So pumped for this HEB! Just moved into the Grapevine area and will be extremely happy to have an HEB close by.
realestateguru
AG
Please explain to me why everyone gets so excited about HEB?
metrag06
AG
Because other stores in the area are either more expensive, or Wal-Mart...

Having spent the last 13 years in CS and Houston I've become used to HEB and like it. My only issue is how big of a cluster traffic will be around there the first few months it's open.
boboguitar
AG
quote:

They have a private label that is actually decent, their fruit is way fresher than most other comparably priced stores, they have a much larger ethnic selection. I could probably go on. Im sad I no longer live in north arlington as I'd probably make the drive there to do grocery shopping.
DallasAggie2012
AG
It's a good middle ground between the Kroger/Albertsons tier and the Central Market/Whole Foods tier. The prices are very fair and the quality of produce and meat is solid as well. They have a pretty good selection of items as well when you need something that might be a little harder to find, and the store is normally very clean and well kept to top it all off.
'03ag
quote:
quote:

They have a private label that is actually decent, their fruit is way fresher than most other comparably priced stores, they have a much larger ethnic selection. I could probably go on. Im sad I no longer live in north arlington as I'd probably make the drive there to do grocery shopping.

additionally they are very competitive on price. Walmart prices(with superior service) on your basic goods, while still being able to shop for high-ish end, central market type things.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
quote:

Because people like better stuff for cheaper prices.

Carlo4
AG
Couldn't find a single bit of information in media since February.

I want to let the lady know as it would make her day!
realestateguru
AG
quote:
quote:

Just curious how you know that? I go to a massive Kroger that sells everything from fine jewelry, 4 aisles of organic food, and 24 hour fresh sushi, and a manager that directs customers in the checkouts. You could be right on price but I don't take the time to price check.
'03ag
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just curious how you know that? I go to a massive Kroger that sells everything from fine jewelry, 4 aisles of organic food, and 24 hour fresh sushi, and a manager that directs customers in the checkouts. You could be right on price but I don't take the time to price check.
Kroger is pretty good on price, but in my experience they are poorly run. Your store could be the exception. Maybe I've only been to bad ones. However, I haven't been to a poorly run HEB yet.
Ag CPA
AG
HEB owns land all over the Metroplex, the only new store that I have heard confirmed recently is Mansfield.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
HEB owns land all over the Metroplex
This is true. Probably own 20+ sites in DFW. Have owned land for over 10 years. They do own that land in HEB but I doubt they will be building there. Kroger is going to build a huge "marketplace" store in the Glad Parks development so they may pass on that site...at least for a few years to see how Kroger does. I'm in CRE and have heard that they have committed to opening two stores in DFW in 2017.
boboguitar
AG
They need to open a store in prosper asap. A city that is booming and only 1 grocery store.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I've never understood the fascination either. However every HEB I've ever been in was in south Texas like Mcallen Edinburg and Port Isabel near south padre. And they were usually dumps. Maybe they are different in big cities.
Aries
They are. The HEB in my crappy hometown was always a sh*thole. The HEB in Round Rock is freaking awesome. It is kinda like heaven, to me. ,

They just have great quality stuff at a very reasonable price. The closest store to me in brookshires & while they are great on customer service, the selection is very limited & it can be pricey. I hate buying avocados for $2.50 each. Pisses me off. I have started shopping at my nearest Wal-Mart because the prices are better. HEB will be a great addition.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
They are. The HEB in my crappy hometown was always a sh*thole. The HEB in Round Rock is freaking awesome. It is kinda like heaven, to me. ,

They just have great quality stuff at a very reasonable price. The closest store to me in brookshires & while they are great on customer service, the selection is very limited & it can be pricey. I hate buying avocados for $2.50 each. Pisses me off. I have started shopping at my nearest Wal-Mart because the prices are better. HEB will be a great addition.
Damn, I just bought a 6 pack of avocados for $4 at Sams.
Aries
Yeah, it sucks. I try to go to Sams only occasionally. Wal-Mart has their avocados for $.50/each.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't have statistical data for you. I'm not even sure where I'd find it. Let me just say this - if you know anyone that has lived in Houston, Austin, or San Antonio in the last 10 years and now lives in DFW, I would be willing to bet 99% of them will unequivocally say that HEB >>>> any DFW grocery store. I can't say that HEB is going to be better than Kroger in the fine jewelry department, but they're better in just about every other practical way.

And as a PSA to all those commenting on small towns with old HEB's....those HEB's =/= new HEB's.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

HEB Plus will kick any Kroger Marketplace's ass when/if they decide to go next door to one. Not even close.

Better prices. Better produce. Better meat. Better C.S. Just a better overall place. Only grocer that can compete with Walmart...and win.
Cappo
AG
One of the great things about HEB is the produce and meat departments. Very good selection of quality.
FincAg
AG
A word from my AT&T friend, they were hosting the mayor, other major city officials, and heads of many DFW corporations in AT&T's downtown client center. Apparently HEB has acquired land via third parties and is ready to break ground on a distribution center in order to accommodate their new stores in North Texas.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
A word from my AT&T friend, they were hosting the mayor, other major city officials, and heads of many DFW corporations in AT&T's downtown client center. Apparently HEB has acquired land via third parties and is ready to break ground on a distribution center in order to accommodate their new stores in North Texas.
I'd buy you a beer right now if I could.
Ag CPA
AG
quote:
They just opened a DC in Temple a few years ago that was supposed to support any future DFW growth, doubt they need another one any time soon. This is also why the southern burbs like Mansfield are getting the new stores versus cities like Bedford.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
quote:
They just opened a DC in Temple a few years ago that was supposed to support any future DFW growth, doubt they need another one any time soon. This is also why the southern burbs like Mansfield are getting the new stores versus cities like Bedford.
Pretty sure if they're going to enter the Frisco's, north FW, Denton, McKinney, they'll want another one further north than Temple. Isn't that Temple one over 10 years old now?
Old Buffalo
AG
My next move will be based on the HEB location(s).
Fitch
AG
quote:

I've heard the same thing in from two CRE groups. They've got several sites around Dallas and will commence on them in pretty rapid succession to knit in with the distribution center.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.