Austin
Sponsored by

Two Package Explosions Are Related

22,259 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie09Derek
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But the other 2 weren't. It's an in home daycare. Most of those don't have much if any signage.

I think the bus stop one was just set for a high traffic area. Lots of active people in that neighborhood.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Now one at a fedex office.
Beer Baron
AG
Mailed from Austin to Austin. Maybe this is where he finally messed up and left a paper trail.
tailgatetimer10
AG
A link for the morning people..

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/breaking-package-addressed-to-austin-explodes-at-fedex-facility-in-schertz
jckrjr7
AG
Hoping he left DNA on the label
FTAG 2000
AG
jckrjr7 said:

And that they can trace it back to a store with video surveillance.
Furlock Bones
AG
AG 2000' said:

jckrjr7 said:

i'd bet dollars to donuts he dropped at a box. the question is how did he cover his online tracks to purchase the label.

tailgatetimer10
AG
Can't you still fill those things out by hand
KT 90
AG
Furlock Bones said:

AG 2000' said:

jckrjr7 said:

i'd bet dollars to donuts he dropped at a box. the question is how did he cover his online tracks to purchase the label.

On the radio this morning on the way to work I heard it reported that a drop box was in fact used.

trouble
AG
I think you can use a throw away credit card (Visa gift card) for FedEx. Definitely ways to set up a dummy account.
Furlock Bones
AG
trouble said:

I think you can use a throw away credit card (Visa gift card) for FedEx. Definitely ways to set up a dummy account.
for sure. i meant to say, how "well" did he cover his tracks online.
PJYoung
AG
Beer Baron said:

Mailed from Austin to Austin. Maybe this is where he finally messed up and left a paper trail.

With the sophistication used so far I highly doubt it.

We can always hope but I'm afraid this is going to go on for a while.

Whoever brought up the DC sniper was spot on. The public will be so hyper aware that he will eventually get caught just by shear numbers of people paying attention to anybody with a package.
PJYoung
AG
And I'm guessing all drop boxes will have video surveillance added very quickly.
trouble
AG
Suspicious package at another FedEx location

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/heavy-police-presence-at-fedex-near-austin-airport/1062630735
KT 90
AG
trouble said:

Suspicious package at another FedEx location

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/heavy-police-presence-at-fedex-near-austin-airport/1062630735

Yikes, that is less than 2 miles from where I work.
AggieOO
How long until we get our first copycat? Wouldn't shock me if the mailed package is one.
FTAG 2000
AG
AggieOO said:

How long until we get our first copycat? Wouldn't shock me if the mailed package is one.
I think it's far more likely this is a terrorist cell than a copy cat situation, too much sophistication with the devices.
jckrjr7
AG
AG 2000' said:

AggieOO said:

I think it's far more likely this is a terrorist cell than a copy cat situation, too much sophistication with the devices.
Austin seems so unlikely as a terrorist target. I think it's a local person acting alone.
KT 90
AG
Add here's another....
Quote:

At 9 a.m., KXAN received information a FedEx Office Print and Ship Center at 5601 Brodie Lane in south Austin was surrounded by authorities. When KXAN called the office, there was an automated message that said the location was closed for the day. Photos show the area is roped off with crime tape.
AggieStout
AG
Hopefully somewhere around the drop box there is a camera. If not then something close by that this person did not take into consideration. By the other locations seems like they are good at escaping being on camera
Beer Baron
AG
Wonder if they suspect something there, or think that's where the Schertz one was mailed from.
trouble
AG
It's hard to tell from how it's being reported but I think they tracked it to there.
Furlock Bones
AG
trouble said:

It's hard to tell from how it's being reported but I think they tracked it to there.

That would be a huge break.
trouble
AG
Possibly. I'm guessing that's the first place it was scanned.
Furlock Bones
AG
Quote:

A Sunset Valley Police officer at the scene told KXAN's Alyssa Goard said the package that exploded at the Schertz facility was shipped from the Brodie location. Sunset Valley police says it is assisting the FBI by providing perimeter security as it investigates.
AggieStout
AG
This is escalating. Going to be cameras around there
AggieStout
AG
If this person feels like authorities are closing in wouldn't we expect last ditch efforts to place more bombs
Furlock Bones
AG
Thats close to the Travis Country neighborhood for those that don't know.
Beer Baron
AG
trouble said:

Yeah. I can't imagine he'd risk going in and being caught on camera. If you drop it in one of those bins it probably ends up in the nearest store before being sent to Schertz.
ellebee
Beer Baron said:

trouble said:

Yeah. I can't imagine he'd risk going in and being caught on camera. If you drop it in one of those bins it probably ends up in the nearest store before being sent to Schertz.

I was wondering that as well. Does it go to a store first? Or could it be a box somewhere close by that is tied to that store.
trouble
AG
Possibly dropped off at the same time. No FedEx on Sunday, they would have been scanned and transported to schertz yesterday for sorting.
AggieStout
AG
But if you can trace drop locations then possible paths to the neighborhood that the trip wire went off you could be able to get a list of cars/people on those routes. Seems like package was dropped off then tripwire set up same day since same area.
ellebee
Worries me how many other ones may have been dropped off that weren't flagged or detonated in shertz.
Beer Baron
AG
ellebee said:

Worries me how many other ones may have been dropped off that weren't flagged or detonated in shertz.
Yep.
ellebee
Although I would assume they could track them down somehow before they get to their destination.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.