Raising Canes

19,187 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DigDogDoo
ATM9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's hard to understand this as a college student for some of you, but please note your reviewing of Canes vs. Laynes. In 2 or 3 years, you will look back on this and realize that chicken fingers are pretty much the same anywhere you go.

[This message has been edited by ATM9000 (edited 6/15/2006 10:24a).]
bbry81
finally someone with reason. a thread with 210 posts about chicken strips. its amazing what people have time to do these days
dave99ag
AG
This is TexAgs. We have time to debate everything from global politics to which place serves better chicken fingers.
ATM9000
AG
I especially like the reviews and comparisons of TOAST!
BosAG06
AG
quote:
its amazing what people have time to do these days

And you are adding to it?
PKPAggie1
Went to Canes last night. Food was good, about the same as Laynes. However, there seems to be a requirement that you be a major league dork in order to get hired. I felt like I walked into a meeting of a high school chess team.
svahsvah
quote:
Went to Canes last night. Food was good, about the same as Laynes. However, there seems to be a requirement that you be a major league dork in order to get hired. I felt like I walked into a meeting of a high school chess team.

I couldnt help but feel like this either. To me they were trying way too hard at customer service. A definite polarity from Layne's. I dont like being yelled at the second I walk in the door "HI, WELCOME TO RAISING CANES" from about 30 feet away. It was really an uncomfortable feeling.

As for the rest of the expereience, the chicken was slightly better and you can get your own refills(better selection too) but that was about all I took away on the positive side. The toast sucked, the fries were so-so, and the sauce was no improvement.

My business stays at Layne's

"They dont remember you, They remember the REP"
imnag07
AG
ttt
Iowaggie
AG
I'm just disappointed this thread has ended.
BosAG06
AG
Why? I think we argued every point there could be argued on chicken strips. If you want to start it again say something to pi** someone off!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Just doing my part in keeping this thread alive.
drivinwest
AG
quote:
I dont like being yelled at the second I walk in the door "HI, WELCOME TO RAISING CANES" from about 30 feet away. It was really an uncomfortable feeling.

Exactly! It's very obnoxious and kind of makes you jump when you're seated close to the counter.

And they need lemons for their tea!!!
Picadillo
Our town is turning into Franchise City, USA.
code_dog
We just need a living wage law, and then all of the national retailers will pack up and leave, and only local community-minded shops will be left.

Of course, hand in hand with the living wage law, we should also put a total ban on internet purchases, or else the whole scheme might fall apart when people make more and more purchases online.
jeepwranglin01
AG
so is this place open yet????
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Picadillo
posted 11:19a, 07/11/06

Our town is turning into Franchise City, USA.

It's progress get over it.
pv
Tailgate88
AG
You bumped a 11 year old thread with just an angry face?

Ok.
DigDogDoo
I'm over here reading the posts thinking it's new. I should've read the dates.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.