Raising Canes

19,174 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DigDogDoo
victory
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
youre comparing a national chain like walgreens to caines chicken strips? Not a good analogy. BTW..I hate Wal-Mart
Arms & LEGS
CANE's chicken strips is a national franchise too victory.

They have stores in something like 15 different cities in Louisiana,

Fort Collins, CO

Suburb of Atlanta, GA
3 different places in Mississippi

Las Vegas, NV
Columbus, OH
Norman, OK
Houston, TX
Lewisville, TX
jeepwranglin01
AG
quote:
wings n more - closed
Carries - closed

not to mention the half dozen restaurants that occupied the building right next door that have closed down as well

i think that was the building, not the placement. but we'll see
ZoneClubber
AG

Wings did not close at the location. it was still a gold mine, close to campus and always packed. The owner got sick of paying rent for a run down piece of crap building, so he bought his own lot on University and built his own.

Kerri's was just a bad idea + the same unappealing building.
Aggie
AG
quote:
Walgreens and CVS/Eckerds do this all over the country and neither one of them seem to be hurting.

your are comparing a restaurant to a drug store/pharmacy.....yeah thats the same

I understand your point...but building an eckerds next to a walgreens or a target next to a wal-mart is completly different that cannes going in next to laynes...

[This message has been edited by Aggie (edited 5/10/2006 9:38a).]
BaylorGuy314
I don't know if I agree Aggie.

They are both very good and should do well. Some people will like Laynes. Some people will like Canes.

Arms & LEGS
Canes has more to offer in terms of value meals. I think Laynes may be a little bit more fresh and quicker.

Canes serves alcohol.
FTAco07
AG
No way Laynes is quicker than anything that resebles a "fast food". Half hour drive through lines for lunch on the weekend are a norm
Arms & LEGS
really? I never drove through... always went in.

The Cane's up here in Columbus is fairly quick, even at 3 am in a drunken frenzy.
BigAg95
AG
Wings closed because the owner wanted his own building rather thane renting

Kerri's closed because it was horrible.
cone
AG
If Cane's is slower than Layne's, they won't last.

That said, there's no earthly way that is possible.
Caliber
AG
how in the hell can you people complain about the wait time at laynes? I've never had issues with it...Are you the same people that complain about waits at places like cheddars at 7pm on friday night?
victory
AG
No, I complain when I go through the drive thru and it takes 10 minutes a car
JerryHughesYourDaddy
its open! i ate there today! yum!
Jock 07
AG
they're both over rated
aggiechamp
I wait many places here in this town. I wait to checkout at HEB, I wait to get a haircut, I wait to talk to a sales rep at the sprint store, I wait at sonic...whataburger...and gumby's (tuesday or not tuesday, and I waited in line to go to the restroom last night at the tap! It seems like everywhere I go I have to wait. I can gaurantee that I try along with the rest of the employees hard to get you your food as fast as we can. Why would we want you to wait and wait and wait? So, that you can be upset and not come back? That would be dumb on my part. Food takes time to cook just like other things take time to do. Have patience my friend.
cone
AG
quote:
Why would we want you to wait and wait and wait? So, that you can be upset and not come back?

No, but when you've got the luxury of being the only "chicken fingers" joint in town of poor college students as well as an Aggie "institution", expediency doesn't have to be the priority. Now you have some competition... and if the wait at the other place was less for basically the same stuff (and we are just taking about chicken fingers here), I'd start eating over there.

Waiting is one thing. As was said earlier, waiting ten minutes for drive-thru chicken fingers is stupid.
Diggity
AG
solution = buy more fryers
Picadillo
I'll miss the logo for Kerry's Stacked Enchiladas.
Icecream_Ag
S
you complain about the wait at the drive thru during the lunch/dinner rush and wonder why your service sucks. There needs to be a law that states EVERYONE must work no less then one month in a restraunt before they graduate college. You people dont have a freaking clue.
victory
AG
quote:
you complain about the wait at the drive thru during the lunch/dinner rush and wonder why your service sucks

So youre saying that its OK to have sub par service during rush hours? Where is it again that you work? I will be sure never to visit that establishment again.
victory
AG
quote:
CANE's chicken strips is a national franchise too victory.

They have stores in something like 15 different cities in Louisiana,

Fort Collins, CO

Suburb of Atlanta, GA
3 different places in Mississippi

Las Vegas, NV
Columbus, OH
Norman, OK
Houston, TX
Lewisville, TX

Locations in a total of 7 states, only 10 stores outside of Louisiana is hardly a national chain.
cone
AG
quote:
you complain about the wait at the drive thru during the lunch/dinner rush and wonder why your service sucks.

Guess what? Unlike than most other restaurants, I'm pretty sure everyone in the drive-thru line wants chicken strips. When you know what your customers want before they even drive up, it can't be that hard. Please don't compare what a waiter at a real restaurant does to what the service is like at Layne's. Hell, I even like the place... but for what's on the menu, they are really slow.
aggiechamp
Icecream - thank you very much! I understand we can't please everyone, but can assure you that we try our hardest. There are many factors considering why there may be a little wait. Big orders for meetings and being busy are just a couple. Sorry about the wait time, but if it isn't the wait then what will be the next thing? Cold food? If it isn't one thing it is the next, and that is why you will never have 100% happy customers. Super if you are upset about the wait I can help you out. Call in your order ahead of time and that will cut down your wait time if there ever is one. Your call in order will over ride the rest of the orders at all times!
jeepwranglin01
AG
thats good to know
Aggie
AG
college station location still not open yet

Aggie
AG
dp

[This message has been edited by Aggie (edited 5/12/2006 6:34p).]
Aggie
AG
after driving around the Canes yestersy then to Laynes..one thing is obvious

If Laynes does not want to see a big drop in business..I would suggest they start spending a few bucks to upgrade

Laynes drive thru is one big pot hole

if the food and price is comparable..alot of people will opt for Canes simply due to the fact of the apperance of the 2
jeepwranglin01
AG
i agree. not everyone wants to eat in a shthole. i think laynes has abused the fact that theyve been the only business thats served decent tenders. its about time for a wake up call.
wxag07
AG
its just real jacked up that canes opened up right next to lanes. Pretty punk move if you ask me
victory
AG
went to Laynes today, not impressed. Only car in the drive thru, took 8 minutes to get my order. You would also think that with new competition coming in right next store that serves basically the same menu in a much nicer establishment, Laynes would be looking to gain every edge possible..like good customer service. Got my order and told the guy "Thanks, Have a good one" and he replies with "yeah".
ORAggieFan
I've lived in C.S. for 3.5 years. Went to Layne's the first time about 6 months ago. Enjoyed it, but don't go often because of location to me.

But, when I do go I've always had fast service and more food than I can eat. I just don't understand, maybe I've been lucky. It's consistently faster than say Whatatburger, both dine-in and drive-thru. I can't expect much else.

I move away and will likely never be back in to this town, but I'll miss Layne's. Wish I would've gone there earlier on.
skydong
i drove by yesterday because the front doors were open. manager was standing there and he said that they open june 5th. so i threw an egg and hit his face!!!!

layne's for life!!!!......skydong style!!!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I feel like I should visit both establishments as a first-time customer and do some empirical testing.

I have lived here for 7 years and nary a chicken strip.

And, how do these places compare to chicken express? My co-workers love that place but I've never eaten there myself.

[This message has been edited by Jersey Girl (edited 5/15/2006 8:47a).]
jeepwranglin01
AG
so is this place open yet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.