College Station can save money and run sewage through Bryan

68,285 Views | 374 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Roxie146
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It would be nice if someone that went to the meeting would post something here.
Roxie146
happyinBCS said:

It would be nice if someone that went to the meeting would post something here.

I do not have the whole presentation nor was I present for the discussion. Someone who went shared this with me.

However - the above slides demonstrate that construction can be done within the existing 40ft+ streets of Chimney Hill and Tarrow ( this is also true of Autumn Circle which is as wide but not discussed).

Traffic is kept open.

Most of the homes on Chimney Hill have rear access - the others are on cul de sacs that are not impacted.

No eminent domain or condemnation since no easements are needed.

No Trees or front yard destruction since they are able to stay within the street.

The above is not true for Rosemary since it is only 20ft wide.

Also - In a previous presentation the estimates comparing Chimney Hill to Rosemary were incorrect.
If it costs $2000/linear foot to bore Chimney Hill then it also costs $2000/linear foot to bore Rosemary. When the estimates were corrected, Chimney Hill was cheaper than Rosemary even with the lift station.

oldag76
AG
Mr Yancy- love the perspective on cooperation between the cities for the betterment of all! With that in mind would you be willing to take the lead on merging the emergency services county wide? Eliminate the 911 calls that have to be transferred because you got a Bryan cell tower but needed CS? Eliminate the bickering over chargebacks for ambulances coving as a back up? I have lived where this was done, keeping the multiple city police and county sheriffs intact. Fewer chiefs and a lot more first responders for the same costs? Lets get our cities TRULY WORKING FOR THE CITIZENS AND NOT THE BUREAUCRATS!
Bob Yancy
Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm afraid something like that would split the chain of command. One public safety department reporting to multiple authorities could potentially dilute accountability. I love bold ideas in leadership, and I applaud you for that.

Respectfully
Roxie146
Current news on the "sewer line"

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/11/17/city-leaders-hopeful-resolution-over-sewer-line-saga-could-come-soon/

CoB Mayor Pro Tem James Edge - "As I understand, the city of College Station is planning on bringing that up in their December meeting or at a December meeting," said Edge. "Based upon what I've heard from several council members, and I think the Mayor of College Station, we're hopeful that in and from our perspective, they'll do the right thing. I think the city of Bryan has reached out. We've worked with the City of College Station. I know our city managers have been communicating regularly and I'm hopeful that we can come to an agreement where both cities will feel like they've won."
happyinBCS
Thank you I hope there can be a final answer before the end of the year
happyinBCS
Congratulations

CS city council voted to NOT run it down Rosemary.!!!!.

Roxie146

Finally College Station made a correct decision. Both cities came together and found a way to work this out.

Thank you to EVERYONE who kept this issue front and center and to those who also helped behind the scenes.

trouble
AG
I am absolutely stunned
Dumbfounded
Thanks Bob.
happyinBCS
I didn't read about that part
Roxie146
Well - just goes to show how an informed grass roots effort can impact decision making.

We learned, we asked questions, we researched, we made our concerns public and heard by both city councils.

We also paid for and received outside legal advice which we then shared.

This whole experience has demonstrated to me that we just can not be lemmings.

Had we not pressured both cities, we would be seeing bulldozers...

For the most part, city employee decision making and recommendations to both councils don't need great scrutiny but this issue has demonstrated- at least to me - that we, the public, need better information so that our input is heard before final decisions are made. It is too late when the first shovel digs the first hole or the first payment is made on a building no one wants.

Transparency - that's all I ask -

And now for the folks on Chimney Hill ------- ask questions, hard ones, and demand answers.

Luckily your streets are already wider and the impact not as damaging - but don't wait - demand answers. The contractors will only do what the engineers have planned - and you have a say in what is being planned. It is your city and your city council IS accountable to you.

Roxie146
techno-ag
AG
Outstanding news!
maroon barchetta
Roxie146 said:

For the most part, city employee decision making and recommendations to both councils don't need great scrutiny
but this issue has demonstrated- at least to me - that we, the public, need better information so that our input is heard before final decisions are made.

Macy's
The ball fields that won't be ball fields now
Chimney Hill real estate deal
Whatever softball that is there for Santa's Wonderland
Red light cameras, and the cost for their removal and breaking whatever contract they had with that provider
Wellborn Annexation
$80,000 Instagram props
$6 million fire stations with a commercial kitchen that Bobby Flay would be proud of, and fire engines or ladder trucks at HEB every Saturday morning to stock up, only to see said engines and ladder trucks parked at:
Fuego
Coco Loco
La Familia
Garpez

Government never loses its thirst for other people's money, and it must hate that money when it comes in because government tries to get rid of that money as quickly as possible.

On the plus side, CoCS can bill itself as a great recycler of money.
Russell Bradleys Toupee
I'm curious what was in the 17 Page ILA letter that the City of College Station sent back to Bryan in response to the two page letter Bryan sent to College Station. Has anyone read that?
Roxie146
maroon barchetta said:

Roxie146 said:

For the most part, city employee decision making and recommendations to both councils don't need great scrutiny
but this issue has demonstrated- at least to me - that we, the public, need better information so that our input is heard before final decisions are made.

Macy's
The ball fields that won't be ball fields now
Chimney Hill real estate deal
Whatever softball that is there for Santa's Wonderland
Red light cameras, and the cost for their removal and breaking whatever contract they had with that provider
Wellborn Annexation
$80,000 Instagram props
$6 million fire stations with a commercial kitchen that Bobby Flay would be proud of, and fire engines or ladder trucks at HEB every Saturday morning to stock up, only to see said engines and ladder trucks parked at:
Fuego
Coco Loco
La Familia
Garpez

Government never loses its thirst for other people's money, and it must hate that money when it comes in because government tries to get rid of that money as quickly as possible.

On the plus side, CoCS can bill itself as a great recycler of money.
Well from my perspective that is for the citizens of College Station to query. I'm just glad that as a citizen of Bryan I don't have these to add to my list.
Vinewood_03
Mark it down as a dub for COB!
BiochemAg97
AG
Vinewood_03 said:

Don't say that. Don't make it a competition, the cities might start to view things as a competition, keep score, and try to get one over on the other city.
kraut
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Vinewood_03 said:

Don't say that. Don't make it a competition, the cities might start to view things as a competition, keep score, and try to get one over on the other city.
Might start?
Bryanisbest
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Vinewood_03 said:

Exactly correct. Don't crow about anything. Humility. Always humility. Always love for neighbor
maroon barchetta
Bryanisbest said:

BiochemAg97 said:

Vinewood_03 said:

Exactly correct. Don't crow about anything. Humility. Always humility. Always love for neighbor

You gonna change your username?
Bryanisbest
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Bryanisbest said:

BiochemAg97 said:

Vinewood_03 said:

You gonna change your username?

No. I love and appreciate College Station our sister city. Bryan is my chosen home
doubledog
So how much did the City of Bryan pay to relocate the College Station sewer line?

Quote:

Bryan would contribute $200,000 dollars towards a line that would close a lift station near the Aggie Field of Honor cemetery.

Seems like a bargain.
Roxie146
Could not agree more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.