Wellborn Water issues Mandatory Stage 5 Water Conservation

22,546 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FamousAgg
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Neighbor spoke to the WW GM, so this is all second hand info. When WW implemented Stage II restrictions and allowed watering from 9PM to 6AM (based on address last number), many homeowners watered from 9PM until 6AM. That didn't save any water. They simply don't have capacity to serve their current and expanding customers using this rate of water during a drought. Apparently, WW is having to bring water in from Bryan,to keep pressure in the tower and prevent another boil-water requirement from the state.

Add to that, WW has $47M for infrastructure expansion, but with today's prices, they can't do what needs to be done. Again, this is all 2nd and 3rd hand info. And sounds like we're in for a long term cluster-mess.

I didn't attend the board meeting this week. Maybe others have more specific information.
jello123
I didn't realize that Wellborn Water Supply had such a large service area (in BLUE). Not only Wellborn area but also the area from Rellis north almost to Hearne. https://ibb.co/ZBndYH2
EBrazosAg
AG
I suspect the north half of Wellborn was another water district - or more than one - that merged into WW. Wickson Creek SUD was much smaller 20 years ago then started picking up smaller water systems, building interconnects, etc. Geographically that would seem likely for WW too looking at the map.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hornbeck
jello123 said:

I didn't realize that Wellborn Water Supply had such a large service area (in BLUE). Not only Wellborn area but also the area from Rellis north almost to Hearne. https://ibb.co/ZBndYH2

Someone asked the other day if the water tower at 6 and OSR in Benchley was Wellborn. Looking at this map, that answer would be yes? Maybe?
waterchick
Wellborn took over another water utility a few years back. I believe the name was Brushy Water Supply.
Post removed:
by user
BCS-Ag
I remember CS utilities trying to buy WW out some years back, they turned them down at the time because they were afraid it would bring development. I wonder if they're thinking different now since the development happened anyway and they can't keep up...
CS78
They had no problem keeping up with the need for a fancy new building.
WheelinAg
AG
So let's talk about leaks. I have no idea what entity these are, but I assume the 1st is Wellborn SUD and the 2nd is A&M. These are links to the leak locations. Also, I guess these could be natural springs, but I doubt it.

1st one is here https://goo.gl/maps/78UHvC7eJ3armVn57

2nd one is here https://goo.gl/maps/YfB931gP1kiPFzwBA

1st one seems to be fairly minor, but the 2nd one is definitely a pretty decent leak that is adequate for a large amount of standing water and produces a water slide down the concrete swale.
BQ_90
AG
what are you trying to link
maroon barchetta
BQ_90 said:

maroon barchetta
CS78 said:

They had no problem keeping up with the need for a fancy new building.

That old building was a dump.
BQ_90
AG
maroon barchetta said:

BQ_90 said:

What happened when you clicked those links, one doesn't work the other is to a street corner view in google maps
maroon barchetta
BQ_90 said:

maroon barchetta said:

BQ_90 said:

What happened when you clicked those links, one doesn't work the other is to a street corner view in google maps

Same.

Not sure what those links are supposed to be.
toolshed
AG
I assume locations of ongoing leaks notice by the poster.

Have they been reported to the entities?
FearNoWeevil
AG
The supposed entity of the second leak would definitely like a better description of the location.
WheelinAg
AG
BQ_90 said:

Sorry, guess my communication skills are lacking.

They are just links to google maps where the leaks are located.

WheelinAg
AG
FearNoWeevil said:

The supposed entity of the second leak would definitely like a better description of the location.
Fixed the link. So open link and change to satellite view, pretty sure you can actually tell there is water in the ditch from there. It starts somewhere around the southwest corner of the intersection and flows southwest into the concrete spillway/swale. Heck, I just looked on street view and it looks just as bad on there.
maroon barchetta
WheelinAg said:

FearNoWeevil said:

Fixed the link. So open link and change to satellite view, pretty sure you can actually tell there is water in the ditch from there. It starts somewhere around the southwest corner of the intersection and flows southwest into the concrete spillway/swale. Heck, I just looked on street view and it looks just as bad on there.

You do realize that those satellite and street view pics are not in real time, correct? That street view image by the ditch says April 2021.

Drive out there and get a photo and post it here and then we will have something to work with. You "driving" around on Google street view isn't the same as physically driving around looking for leaks.
WheelinAg
AG
Lol. They aren't real time?!?!? I can't go outside and look at myself waving back?

What I meant was, in the street view, at whatever point in time the google car drove by, looks identical to this morning when I drove by. I'm not "driving" around on google maps looking for water...

I was just trying to help conserve water. I've emailed wellborn SUD with the info already, but assume the water in front of Easterwood is not theirs.

WheelinAg
AG
The leak on River Road is still going strong as of yesterday evening. They've now put cones out and little blue flags. I know y'all are on the the edge of your seat so I'll keep you updated every few days.

Still don't know what's going on in front of Easterwood, but I hit it at a different time this morning and it might just be their sprinkler runoff. Though it would have to be substantial to produce the volume of water pooling there.
TChaney
https://theeagle.com/ads/legal_announcements/rules-and-civil-penalties/ad_cfcedf2d-4ac6-5027-a09a-e23507d2d22c.html

*Note links will probably be dead within a week.
Quote:

Rules and Civil Penalties

NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF RULES AND CIVIL PENALTIES BY WICKSON CREEK SPECIAL UTILITY DISTRICT Please take notice that the Board of Directors of Wickson Creek Special Utility District has adopted by rule a Drought Contingency Plan which includes civil penalties for violations of the Plan by any customer of the District. The Plan governs the use of water during drought and other times of water shortages and imposes specific water conservation obligations and use restrictions on customers based upon various drought stages. After an initial written warning, violators of the Plan may be issued citations imposing penalties of no less than $250.00 and no more than $500.00 for each day of violation. The full text of the Drought Contingency Plan is available at the District office located at 8770 East State Hwy 21, Bryan, Texas 77808, and also on the District website at www.wicksoncreek.com. 7-28-22, 7-31-22

https://theeagle.com/ads/legal_announcements/rules-civil-penalties-wellborn-sud/ad_b7914de8-6b58-55be-9a53-0d8aa62268fd.html

Quote:

Details for Rules & Civil Penalties Wellborn SUD

NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF RULES AND CIVIL PENALTIES BY WELLBORN SUD Please take notice that the Board of Directors of the Wellborn Special Utility District has adopted by rule a revised Drought Contingency Plan, which includes civil penalties for violations of the Plan by any customer of the District. The Plan governs the use of water during drought and other times of shortage, and imposes specific water conservation obligations and use restrictions on customers based upon various drought stages. After an initial written warning, violators of the Plan may be issued citations imposing penalties of no less than $200 and no more than $2,000 for each day of violation. The full text of the Drought Contingency Plan is available at the District office located at 6784 Victoria Avenue, College Station, TX 77845, and also on the District website at www.wellbornsud.com. 7-26-22, 8-2-22
TwoDogs
The Wellborn 'plan' is specifically aimed at automatic systems, allowing a 9hr window for usage. Unfortunately they are not specific to manual sprinkler system use. I am complying with the daily use provisions but find I'm unable to work within their time allocations- unless I'm willing to work nights.

MTTANK
AG
TwoDogs said:

The Wellborn 'plan' is specifically aimed at automatic systems, allowing a 9hr window for usage. Unfortunately they are not specific to manual sprinkler system use. I am complying with the daily use provisions but find I'm unable to work within their time allocations- unless I'm willing to work nights.

SILENCE PEASANT! It's this kind of selfishness that got us in this situation!! You should be fined and sent to the gulag! You are lucky to even be allowed any water at all!!
GIG 'EM
TwoDogs
"FLOGGINGS will continue until morale improves" Wellborn SUD
Hornbeck
Serious question

Who exactly goes around levying these penalties for non compliance?
toolshed
AG
Their inspector, Karen.

My in-laws point out almost every time I see them who is watering in their new neighborhood. I need to mention to them that several of the lots had existing wells on them, one owner drilled their own well, even though Wickson is available.

I know another family that pumps water from their well to a pond, then irrigates out of the pond. This is in River Place, so probably Wellborn Water, I assume.

I imagine there will be plenty of riled up people over the fact that some may be watering from their own well water be municipal water, even in an acreage neighborhood.
foxfire
Morning dose from WW

Alert from Wellborn Special Utility District: WATER OUTAGE
Date: Jul 29, 2022
@ 9:00 A.M. Emergency repair on Jones Road
We anticipate the water to be off approximately 3 hours
Affected areas: Jones Road, Barnwood Drive, Perry Lane, and Piper Lane

WheelinAg
AG
toolshed said:

Their inspector, Karen.

My in-laws point out almost every time I see them who is watering in their new neighborhood. I need to mention to them that several of the lots had existing wells on them, one owner drilled their own well, even though Wickson is available.

I know another family that pumps water from their well to a pond, then irrigates out of the pond. This is in River Place, so probably Wellborn Water, I assume.

I imagine there will be plenty of riled up people over the fact that some may be watering from their own well water be municipal water, even in an acreage neighborhood.

Not to mention most of have aerobic systems out here which usually have sprinklers attached to them. The old one's, like mine, just run off a float switch with no timer. So when ever that last drop of water pushes the float up, the system goes off. After four years of living here, I'm still winning the Russian roulette of mowing the lawn and not having the sprinklers go off! Yes, I known I could put a timer or switch, but what fun is that?
toolshed
AG
Well, since you've mentioned it, be prepared to get sprinkled/ tinkled on soon!
75AG
AG
WheelinAg said:

toolshed said:

Their inspector, Karen.

Not to mention most of have aerobic systems out here which usually have sprinklers attached to them. The old one's, like mine, just run off a float switch with no timer. So when ever that last drop of water pushes the float up, the system goes off. After four years of living here, I'm still winning the Russian roulette of mowing the lawn and not having the sprinklers go off! Yes, I known I could put a timer or switch, but what fun is that?
We also had the float switch, and I got tired of getting poopoo water on me when the son decided to take a morning deuce. Switched to the timer, life is all good from that point on.
coconuthead
I think no one gives out fines / penalties.

Several of my neighbors are just watering whenever they want, for however long they want. One even has sprinklers going at 6 pm which is just bad practice even outside of any rules / restrictions when it is 100 at 6 pm.
FamousAgg
Do you part. Report them to the secret police
WheelinAg
AG
River Road leak on the Wellborn SUD system is fixed!

The Easterwood leak at the SW corner of the terminal entrance is still flowing like a small creek.

I know this was causing some of you to lose sleep.
ElephantRider
AG
WheelinAg said:

River Road leak on the Wellborn SUD system is fixed!

The Easterwood leak at the SW corner of the terminal entrance is still flowing like a small creek.

I know this was causing some of you to lose sleep.
I'll have to check google earth to verify

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.