COVID VACCINE

175,957 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I signed up on McLennan County's site on Monday and got my first shot yesterday.

I was shocked to get in so fast.
Retusaf94
So far all she has is a sore arm.
AgProgrammer
AG
Got the second shot yesterday from Washington County. Woke up early this morning with chills, 102 fever, body ache and a pretty bad headache. Wife has the exact same side effects. Very similar to the feeling of a normal flu.

Hopefully it only lasts a day or two. Feeling pretty crappy today.
jwhitlock3
Got my first in Washington County on Tuesday, and I've been running a fever for 2 days now. Finally broke it within the last 3 hours. I was up to a 102 with terrible chills and sweats. I had covid end of January so the 1st vaccine hit me hard. I'm also fighting off a Sinus infection from allergies so just a perfect storm.

Washington County operation couldn't have been smoother though, very impressed.
JayHowdy!
Be careful with Brazos Hub.

My 2nd dose was coming due, but I never received an email confirming the 2nd dose. So, I called them directly, and was told that my appointment had already passed. I was given no notice. Yes I checked my junk file as they suggested, nothing was there.

It all worked out, because told me that I could go could go at anytime, since it had passed.

Just call them, if you think it has been too long from your first appointment.
Tailgate88
AG
AgProgrammer said:

Got the second shot yesterday from Washington County. Woke up early this morning with chills, 102 fever, body ache and a pretty bad headache. Wife has the exact same side effects. Very similar to the feeling of a normal flu.

Had two family members with similar experiences after getting the J&J vaccine. Is this common with all three of the vaccines?
Kbeauty63
AG
JayHowdy! said:

Be careful with Brazos Hub.

My 2nd dose was coming due, but I never received an email confirming the 2nd dose. So, I called them directly, and was told that my appointment had already passed. I was given no notice. Yes I checked my junk file as they suggested, nothing was there.

It all worked out, because I told that I could go could go at anytime, since it had passed.

Just call them, if you think it has been too long from your first appointment.
same thing with me ('window' passed). Called today - said I'd been 'verified'??? But didn't show I'd had 2nd shot (1st was 3/2). Scheduled now for 4/7.
cavscout96
AG
AgProgrammer said:

My 1B at home had similar effects. slept it off for abt 36 hours then back to normal.
FNG
AgProgrammer said:

I had my second shot early on a Friday. Arm was really sore a few hours later and stayed sore at least two days. Maybe three.

Felt normal most of the day that Friday. A little fatigued by the evening. Had chills during the night. Joints all felt soft and spongy when I walked around.

Saturday I was just fatigued and a little achy. I laid around and watched movies all day.

Woke up Sunday feeling normal. Maybe a touch of GI distress but nothing bad.

Wife had fatigue onset much earlier and a headache and nausea and chills. No fever. Just chills. And the next day very fatigued.

My mom had zero side effects from either shot. Her doctor was knocked on his rear for a week by the second shot.

It's odd the variety of experiences people are having.
theNetSmith
AG
Tailgate88 said:

AgProgrammer said:

Had two family members with similar experiences after getting the J&J vaccine. Is this common with all three of the vaccines?
YMMV, my friend..

Don't know about J&J.. but the data I have suggests that one be prepared for some varying amount of discomfort after the 2nd Moderna shot.

A whole lot of help, I know..
AgProgrammer
AG
Feeling back to 100% today. So our experience was feeling really bad the night of and day after the shot but back to normal ~48 hours after.
Nosmo
AG
Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation - Week of April 5 (Week 17)

Includes only first doses of vaccine. Also does not include Federal Program.

6,100 Hub (Moderna)

300 County health department (Moderna)

4,680 TAMU (Pfizer)

1,300 HEB, Walgreens, Kroger (J&J)

12,380 Total
cavscout96
AG
Nice sized allocation
Nosmo
AG
Kenyon Green, in a presser this week, said team (football) will get shots Friday.
EBrazosAg
AG
cavscout96 said:

Nice sized allocation

We will be swimming in vaccine by the end of the month. If we aren't already. I predict rapid promulgation of a need to get 2 different vaccines to be right behind. Which probably isn't completely bad idea at some point in time ....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TommyBrady
AG
County: Brazos
Public Health Region:

Percentage of Population 16+ Vaccinated with At Least One Dose: 34.45%
Percentage of Population 16+ Fully Vaccinated: 17.04%
Percentage of Population 65+ Vaccinated with At Least One Dose: 79.22%
Percentage of Population 65+ Fully Vaccinated: 60.45%
BQ_90
AG
if I want J&J, how do I sign up for it outside the brazos co portal? Also I'm not Scott and White.
kraut
AG
BQ_90 said:

if I want J&J, how do I sign up for it outside the brazos co portal? Also I'm not Scott and White.

one option:
https://vaccine.heb.com/scheduler

You may have to drive outside of Brazos County, though.
TommyBrady
AG
Theres 13 pharmacies that got 100 doses of J&J each. HEB, Walgreens, and Kroger. Try those and you'll more than likely get a shot
BQ_90
AG
thanks
meteorag06
AG
Brazos Hub has a last appointment of 6:15pm for Monday April 12th and Tuesday April 13th. In case you are one that couldn't get off work to get it.
Rapier108
Brazos County vaccine hub to stop giving first doses May 10 (kbtx.com)
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TommyBrady
AG
I gave them a lot of crap early on, but they have done their best to overcome their early leadership issues to do an amazing job vaccinating thousands in a quick, friendly, and easy manner. Thank you to everybody!
Nosmo
AG
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/news/updates/COVIDVaccineAllocation-Week18.pdf

Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation - Week of April 12 (Week 18)

This list includes only first doses of vaccine. Also doesn't include Federal program.

6,100 Hub (Moderna)

1,000 Blinn College (Moderna)

300 County Health Dept (Moderna)

2,340 TAMU (Pfizer)

2,000 TAMU (J&J)

11,740 Total first doses

TommyBrady
AG
Just a personal opinion, but If given the choice I would go Moderna or Pfizer before J&J.
theNetSmith
AG
Isn't the J&J only around 70% effective?

thought I heard/read that somewhere
trouble
AG
Yes and no.

On simply preventing Covid, yes.

It's rate of preventing serious illness and hospitalization is the same or nearly the same as pfizer and moderna
theNetSmith
AG
ah, ok. thanks for clarifying that.
trouble
AG
No problem. There's a lot of confusing information out there.
The other thing to consider is that the 3 different vaccines were tested under different conditions. J&J trials started more than 4 weeks later and happened to be tested in areas like Brazil and South Africa where the more contagious variants were already in play. Moderna and Pfizer went to trial first and when the virus was not as widespread and the variants were not in play until the very end of the trial. So, it is difficult to compare them to each other as the real life conditions were different.
AggiePhil
AG
cavscout96
AG
Looks like A&M likely pushing to get as many students as possible before they split for the summer. 4k+ again this week.

Won't get them all at this rate, but should get at least 25%

And of course some have gotten it elsewhere already.

Mathguy64
AG
I can attest that the second Moderna dose puts you down hard. Literally 24 hours after the shot it hit. Fever, uncontrolled shakes, chills, body aches. This lasted all day and night and poof it's all gone. Just a lingering muscle ache
cavscout96
AG
This is the most severe reaction I've read.

My 1B was mealy and slept for a day and a half.

I got my second moderna shot this week. Worked the next morning then got pretty tired and went home at lunch. Slept all afternoon and back to normal next day.

Crazy how the response is so widely varied. Maybe not though since the symptoms form the actual infection also vary wildly, maybe?
Mathguy64
AG
It was the flu for 24 hours and it came on fast. My brother had that reaction from Phizer #2 but he was 48 hours worth. My wife has it for almost 3 days after her 2nd.

If they are planning on annual boosters like the annual flu shot they are going to have to work on the side effects.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.