COVID VACCINE

175,949 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
althormoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
scd88
AG
My window for round 2 is 3/27 to 4/2. I haven't got my email yet from Brazos County. I'm guessing I should hear something in the next few days to sign up for a specific time.
armymom
I didn't know until the Friday before. They need to know first how many doses they will be receiving.
Inca
AG
I live in Washington County but haven't been able to get an appointment for the vaccine here. On Friday I was able to make an appointment to get my first shot today at the Brazos Center. Was a very efficient process. No waiting as I moved through the process. My appointment was at 8:30 and by 8:37 I had my shot. Everyone was super nice and friendly. Very impressed with how well it's organized.
scd88
AG
armymom said:

I didn't know until the Friday before. They need to know first how many doses they will be receiving.

Thank you.
Muzzleblast
Got my first one today.

Process is easy.

Volunteers and Guard troops are great. In and out in 30 minutes.

Only side affect was the urge to join the Chinese Communist Party.
cavscout96
AG
Their website states that they give you a date and time. If that doesn't work for you, you can call and cancel. If there are spots available, they will reschedule you.

Kinda strange to arbitrarily schedule someone in the hopes the time works for them instead of allowing spots for sign up.
scd88
AG
Okay thanks. I need to kind my work schedule then. Good to know.
cavscout96
AG
According to this thread:

Montgomery County vaccine site open to anyone 16+

Quote:

The Woodforest Stadium vaccination site in Montgomery County is open to anyone 16+ who wants a vaccine starting at 1 pm every day, no appointment needed.

This is Mon-Fri. They encourage people to come as close to 1 pm as possible since they don't know how many vaccines they will have on any given day. If you show up later in the day/evening, they might not have any left.

I got my first dose today (Pfizer).
ZoneClubber
AG
Appointments available for next week:

https://brazoshub.com/

instapt
My second dose window starts tomorrow, and I haven't yet received the fabled email with my appointment time...
MiMi
S
Quote:

My second dose window starts tomorrow, and I haven't yet received the fabled email with my appointment time...
Check the CVS website. 2nd-dose appointments are easier to get than 1st doses. When the MatureWell 2nd-dose appts were cancelled in February, I was able to get my husband a spot at CVS.
earwigfly
Are the second doses being administered at the Brazos Center being done outside, or do you have to go inside again? I thought they were doing drive-through, but the email I just got from them mentions "inside the building."

Going inside was an easy process for me, but for my 90-year-old mother, not so much.
FlyRod
Both. Friends got 2nd dose drive through. I got mine inside. Not sure how they decide to divide up the process.
91_Aggie
AG
Signed up this morning for 1st shot on Monday at 4pm.
They opened it up for 50+ years old.

Pretty simple and easy although i hit a couple of 504 errors likely due lots of people accessing right at 10am
91_Aggie
AG
Wife said first dose you have to go in, but 2nd dose is the drive thru
meteorag06
AG
instapt said:

You have 42 days from 1st dose date to get your second dose. So you still got time. It will come.
EBrazosAg
AG
No science in that number. Just how they did the study. Longer likely just fine.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Received my email today for 2nd shot. Getting it on Friday, exactly 28 days from my first
Nosmo
AG
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/news/updates/COVIDVaccineAllocation-Week15.pdf

Week 15 allocation (week of march 22) for 1st dose only.

5,000 - Hub

2,340 - TAMU Student Health Center

200 - County Health Dept.

7,540 TOTAL
cavscout96
AG
First dose appointments still available at the Brazos Hub this week if anyone 50+, teacher, 1A or 1B is still looking

Go get them or the allocations will shift to a location that has a higher demand.
Loaded
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/03/22/over-2000-unclaimed-appointment-spots-for-covid-vaccine-in-brazos-county/

Headline...
Quote:

Over 2,000 unclaimed appointment spots for COVID vaccine in Brazos County

Hub officials are discussing opening up appointments to everyone if they're not filled by Monday morning
TommyBrady
AG
If you want a shot do whatever you need to do to get the appointment. You are not stealing a shot away from anybody.
halibut sinclair
Open to 18+ at 5pm today:

https://theeagle.com/news/local/brazos-county-covid-19-vaccination-hub-to-open-to-entire-community-at-5-p-m/article_cadf4caa-8b40-11eb-b0bc-0f7df78c678f.html?fbclid=IwAR1hJsZw8Q8AG8ZTEQMGflrmp4gnjOmDq4zeP13NN0jK0G1Ucz1Le40b-Xs#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/03/22/vaccine-hub-to-open-remaining-appointments-to-public-at-5-pm/
cavscout96
AG
well, I guess the war is over. no one is trampling grandma to get to the front of the line anymore....
TommyBrady
AG
Please post on any social media you have to let people know. Washington County also has openings.
cavscout96
AG
so Mimi posted on the other thread that about +/- 22% of the folks aged 16+ in the BV have had a first dose, yet, folks are not flocking to get VAX. Seems like an awful low take rate.

I wonder how many BV folks went elsewhere (assuming the numbers she's pulling from only includ those administered locally) and what the actual VX rate is for the ~200k folks who live here?
cavscout96
AG
TommyBrady said:

Please post on any social media you have to let people know. Washington County also has openings.
sent it to a 50+ buddy and his 18+ student. He got a slot and she is waiting until 5.
Counterpoint
AG
If we already signed up a long time ago but were placed on the waiting list because we weren't 1a or b, will we get our appointment scheduling invitation email after 5 or do we need to sign up again?
ag009
AG
Has anyone had to reschedule 2nd dose? My grandparents can't make their appointment. I emailed the place they said but haven't heard back.
Mathguy64
AG
Counterpoint said:

If we already signed up a long time ago but were placed on the waiting list because we weren't 1a or b, will we get our appointment scheduling invitation email after 5 or do we need to sign up again?
If you signed up on the old St Joseph site my suggestion is to do the new and improved signup form. That old waiting list was a hot mess for many reasons.
TommyBrady
AG
It takes a few days but they will either email or call you to set up a new time
cavscout96
AG
trouble
AG
I would sign up again.
Loaded
AG
I signed up on the new site, BrazosHub.com, when it first launched. The automated email response said that I was put on the wait list as a non 1b or 1b person. I assume I don't have to sign up again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.