COVID VACCINE

175,932 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
Nosmo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://brazoshub.com/

There was some comments previously about "non-appointment" shots at the BC.

Statement on the new sign-up site:

Quote:

Please note: the Brazos Hub does not offer walk-in vaccinations. All individuals must have a confirmed appointment.

Edit: On a side note, adding the educators / child care to the 1B group added 6,083 people to the county. The 1A&B groups already had 86,500 people. So not much of a change for people already waiting for an appointment.

Rationing.
cavscout96
AG
i understand what the policy is. I relayed what was actually happening, on occasion. I also added the proviso that it was third hand information..
trouble
AG
I think individual volunteers are telling people that they need people to come in. Those volunteers, however, aren't in any way in charge of how the entire system is set up. They just know they have no shows and available doses.

I don't expect they do but I wonder if Brazos Co has a system in place to call people who are still waiting to see if they could come in on short notice to get it. I know there are other counties doing that.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I'm sure they probably can't officially say "walk-ins welcome!"
cavscout96
AG
agree with you both.

also good to hear this morning on WTAW that the waiting list should be resolved by the end of the week.
TommyBrady
AG
If you want a vaccine Go to https://brazoshub.com/ and schedule an appointment. They have sent out an email to all those in 1B and there are still appointments available.

If you are overweight you are at high risk. If you have any heart or lung issues you are at high risk. If you are over 40 you have even a tiny degree of heart disease probably. Lets get more shots in arms and get this over with.

The more shots we give the more shots we'll receive and the sooner we will get back to normalcy.
CN
Are they doing any second doses today or just the end of the week? Three people know that were originally supposed to get theirs late last week or early this week got rescheduled to this Thursday and Friday.
techno-ag
AG
TommyBrady said:

If you want a vaccine Go to https://brazoshub.com/ and schedule an appointment. They have sent out an email to all those in 1B and there are still appointments available.

If you are overweight you are at high risk. If you have any heart or lung issues you are at high risk. If you are over 40 you have even a tiny degree of heart disease probably. Lets get more shots in arms and get this over with.

The more shots we give the more shots we'll receive and the sooner we will get back to normalcy.
Amen. The CDC announced fully vaccinated people can more or less begin returning to normal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fully-vaccinated-individuals-can-socialize-without-masks-distancing-cdc-says/ar-BB1en7Il

Quote:

Americans who have received the full COVID-19 vaccine can gather with vaccinated grandparents or friends without wearing masks or keeping their distance, according to new CDC guidance announced Monday, and those grandparents can visit with and hug family members that aren't vaccinated as long as they don't have underlying medical conditions that put them at high risk for COVID-19.

But getting the vaccine does not mean you should travel or gather in large groups, according to the CDC, which says vaccinated individuals should still stick to guidance

The CDC says individuals who are fully vaccinated -- meaning two weeks after they have received the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine -- can safely gather around friends or family who are also vaccinated indoors without masks or social distancing, as well as visit with friends or family from a single household who aren't vaccinated but have a low risk of severe disease from COVID-19.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
TommyBrady
AG
No idea. I know they only have Wednesday first shot appointments left this week
CN
CN said:

Are they doing any second doses today or just the end of the week? Three people know that were originally supposed to get theirs late last week or early this week got rescheduled to this Thursday and Friday.
To answer my own question, the latest KBTX article about the hub says, "it will do the first-dose shots at the beginning of the week and second-dose shots at the end".
happyinBCS
QUESTION
The wonderful folks at the HEB Pharmacy in Fredericksburg that so kindly gave me my 2nd shot want my SS# so they can get their 15 bucks from the government My 1st shot in Brazos co did not require it,,, I received my 1st shot at the Brazos center I don't like handing out my SS# Any thoughts or direction Thanks
trouble
AG
They don't need your SSN in order to register the vaccination. Just a name and DOB. I don't give mine out unless necessary either.
happyinBCS
Ok thanks that was my thought since Brazos co did not ask for it I assume they will get paid off of other information provided
scd88
AG
Scott and white reached out to my wife and she is now getting her shot on Saturday. Which vaccine are they using?
Kbeauty63
AG
scd88 said:

Scott and white reached out to my wife and she is now getting her shot on Saturday. Which vaccine are they using?
I think they have the Johnson & Johnson one
scd88
AG
Thanks. Is there a difference in effectiveness between J&J and the others?
rsa
AG
scd88 said:

Just got scheduled for Saturday as well. From their FAQ page:

At this time, we are receiving an allocation of the Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines which have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization and recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Experts recommend getting the first vaccine that is available to you. Please continue to check our website for information on which BSWH sites will be administering which vaccine.
trouble
AG
scd88 said:

Yes and no.

There's a higher chance of still contracting Covid with J&J BUT it still prevented moderate to severe illness and hospitalization.
jeffk
AG
Plus J&J is a single shot instead of two with Moderna or Pfizer.
trouble
AG
Yes but he only asked about effectiveness
jeffk
AG
Ain't nobody got time for READING COMPREHENSION.
trouble
AG
esp not a coach
KidDoc
AG
scd88 said:

95% (mRNA vaccine 2 dose) vs 65% roughly.

I highly suspect that the duration of immunity for J&J will not be anywhere near the mRNA vaccines.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hammerheadjim
AG
Just a positive shout-out to the Brazos county HUB. Very organized and efficiently run.
The Texas State guard was exceptional as were all the volunteers. Got 3 of us vaccinated with the first dose today and it went like a dream. Even had a wheelchair for my elderly mother.

Kudo's
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
MiMi
S
Texans 50 and older eligible for COVID-19 vaccine next week
aggiemom89
FInally. I am weary of 20 year olds I work with getting the vaccine due to "health conditions" when I am late 50's and don't qualify. The email I got from Brazos Hub said I was on the "waiting list", hopefully they will contact me to get vaccine next week.
Bryanisbest
AG
I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine injection today at The Physicians Center on University Drive in Bryan. Only one injection required. People over 65 were in there getting the shot. Everything went off without a hitch. No side effects.
meteorag06
AG
Go to www.brazoshub.com Appointments are full this week, but open up on Friday's at 10am. First come first serve as long as your in 1A/1B,an educator, or over 50 starting Monday.

edit: corrected info
cavscout96
AG
Or over 50 starting Monday....
KidDoc
AG
I assure you there are many 20 year olds with significant health conditions that are much higher risk of severe COVID than a healthy late 50s.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgAggie12
AG
Idk if its helpful for others but a friend of mine told me to go to vacinefinder.org to find local places besides the hub to get a shot. She told me walmart resets their appointments for the next week at like midnight, CVS does it at 6am. I just logged on when I woke up for work one morning at 6 and was able to secure an appointment at Navasota Walmart for a week later. Just got my first of the moderna vaccine yesterday process was easy and the staff were friendly.
jrhmc
AG
Walmart pharmacies have a list to prevent wasted doses. You can call and get on that list and they will call you if they have doses that would go to waste. My college kids got their first shots that way today.
EBrazosAg
AG
As a healthcare provider I have to say the Brazos
center is running well. Showed up at 758. Second dose in by 815 with a busy line of cars. Now just waiting in the 15 min lot watching YouTube videos
Muzzleblast
Trying to book starting at 10:00.

All timeouts and error messages on the gateway.
MiMi
S
With 1c now open, I'm not surprised the website crashed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.