COVID VACCINE

175,962 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just wish they'd be a little more transparent with it

I know, I know
backinbcs
Just got a cancellation notice from St. Joseph's for my second dose which was scheduled for Monday. Bumped back 2 weeks.

Also, my wife got he first at Mature Well about 10 days ago. When she was asked to schedule her second dose, the days she was given, she will be out of town. How does she get a second shot scheduled?

Any advise?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Just got a cancellation notice from St. Joseph's for my second dose which was scheduled for Monday.
Were you given a reason for the cancellation? Was this for an appointment at St. Joseph hospital or at their MatureWell facility?
Counterpoint
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Just got a cancellation notice from St. Joseph's for my second dose which was scheduled for Monday.
Were you given a reason for the cancellation? Was this for an appointment at St. Joseph hospital or at their MatureWell facility?
My guess is that it is because Brazos county only got 2,000 doses this week and they were maybe expecting 5,000 like last week.

Goose83
AG
Counterpoint said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

My guess is that it is because Brazos county only got 2,000 doses this week and they were maybe expecting 5,000 like last week.

Hope this isn't going to be an ongoing issue. Despite what the CDC and various political entities have been saying, Pfizer and Moderna are warning against stretching the shots out past their tested limits.

As for the 2,000, what a joke (especially as Washington County is getting 3,000).
backinbcs
They said they didn't get enough and cancelled all at Mature Well for Monday according to their email. Already rescheduled.
agnerd
AG
agnerd said:

Got the following response about the website error:
Quote:

Unfortunately, it appears that there are no available appointments at this time. We recommend you check the registration site regularly for any new potential available appointments to appear in the appointment drop down list. Vaccination appointment times are limited due to the availability of the vaccines we have been provided by the state. We appreciate your patience.

Update: tried the link again today, and it said my appointment was confirmed even though I had not selected a date or time. Also said I would receive an email confirmation. No email confirmation was received.

Seems like incompetence now. Does anybody know how to make a plan and adjust it as necessary? Or communicate? The website hasn't been updated since December. It's like our leaders have never dealt with any adversity in their lives, and have no idea what to do when something doesn't go according to plan.
nought
AG
Goose83 said:

As for the 2,000, what a joke (especially as Washington County is getting 3,000).

The difference is Washington County has shown the ability to crank out 2,000 to 3,000 doses per day with no webpage "hiccups" (incompetence) or other issues.
Goose83
AG
Maybe, but I've heard people outside BCS complaining about Central Texas getting the screwgee in regards to vaccine allocations as well.

TommyBrady
AG
Yeah central texas got screwed because the west texas gop mafia have no shame in making sure they get theirs. Lubbock and Amarillo got 10's of thousands more vaccines than other similarly populated areas.
ontheedge
TommyBrady said:

Yeah central texas got screwed because the west texas gop mafia have no shame in making sure they get theirs. Lubbock and Amarillo got 10's of thousands more vaccines than other similarly populated areas.
Brazos Co. totally dropped the ball initiating this thing is the reason for the lack of vaccine. This is according to drs. visited recently. They echoed each other.

A family member the dental field received their 2nd dose yesterday also.
Goose83
AG
ontheedge said:

TommyBrady said:

Brazos Co. totally dropped the ball initiating this thing is the reason for the lack of vaccine. This is according to drs. visited recently. They echoed each other.

A family member the dental field received their 2nd dose yesterday also.
So at risk people are going to be punished for something they had no control over? How long is this vaccine "exile" going to last?
birdman
This is 100% due to Brazos County's complete ineptitude. They did this to themselves. Other counties are being rewarded for efficiency and organization.
localag242
birdman said:

This is 100% due to Brazos County's complete ineptitude. They did this to themselves. Other counties are being rewarded for efficiency and organization.
Spot on.
etj77845
Was warned by my PCP 10days ago this might happen due to federal interference in distribution process. He was not concerned with being on the outside of receiving 2nd dose window. Said too soon was not good but later OK.

Haven't seen an e-mail yet, but we are looking to get one.... darned bureaucrats and Peter's Principle.
Post removed:
by user
MiMi
S
Quote:

I got bumped as well.
What day was your appointment? My husband has an appointment for Thursday for his 2nd dose at MatureWell and, as of now, no email about postponing it.
dubi
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

I got bumped as well.
What day was your appointment? My husband has an appointment for Thursday for his 2nd dose at MatureWell and, as of now, no email about postponing it.
I believe the Mature Well location has a different allocation.
MiMi
S
I hope so, but this quote from the KBTX story makes me think it will be postponed:

Quote:

St. Joseph also said in a press release anyone scheduled for their second vaccine dose at St. Joseph Health MatureWell, the Bryan hospital, or College Station hospital should look for an email rescheduling their appointment.
trouble
AG
husband and MIL have appts Wed and I have one Thurs. No rescheduling emails here so far
basketaggie
AG
They told me that they were only rescheduling Monday at this point. I received a phone call since I hadn't opened the email very quickly. I was kicking myself for saying "soonest available" when they asked to schedule the second dose. They said they got some but not all, and that at this point they are only issuing 2nd doses at MatureWell and are no longer doing first doses. I had also planned on taking Mon- Wed off and being lazy since I will probably feel crummy. That plan backfired.
althormoon
Any explanation from the state as to why we got less doses? Kind of ridiculous for them to say "we'll give you more doses the more people you vaccinate" so we finally establish a pretty well-run hub, increase our vaccination rate by a lot, and in return they drop us to less doses the next week...makes no sense
Goose83
AG
birdman said:

Again, just how long will this period of atonement last? When will the prodigal son be allowed back in the fold?

We know the issues already, as we've *****ed about them nonstop here since the first of the year, so tell us something we don't know. By most accounts, the hub appeared to run well. Sure, there were some computer glitches with online registration, but then there are always software glitches with any system set up on the fly. Are things perfect? No, but how long will Brazos County be forced to ride the pine until authorities deem them worthy of receiving more vaccines?

The idea that local at-risk citizens must pay for the past mistakes of others is beyond comprehension.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think most places got a surge in doses last week due to excess vaccine returned due to nursing homes that did not require as many as thought, and then fell back down. It was a one-time influx of 125,000 doses that got distributed as a result. Not saying that is the whole explanation, but I think it's part of it
Goose83
AG
etj77845 said:

Was warned by my PCP 10days ago this might happen due to federal interference in distribution process.
Hope this doesn't mean what I think it means.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Goose83
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Manyresidents are going to neighboring counties, who are well run, like Washington County.
Problem is a lot of elderly don't have transportation to neighboring counties. Also, if one were to have a medical emergency following a shot, being on the road away from your PCP and your medical records could be problematic.
Goose83
AG
Another problem is that the CDC told everyone to burn their second dose reserves, as more would arrive in plenty of time when those came due. Now that no longer seems to be the case.

The people of the Brazos County are beginning to now know how it feels to be a chicken caught in a tractor's nuts.

cavscout96
AG
I WOULD say, "you get what you pay for," but in Brazos county that sure doesn't seem to be the case.

maybe the other old maxim... "you get the government you deserve," is more applicable.

it's like the blind leading the imbeciles at this point. I mean, we are high fiving that the county can be half as good a Washington county (~1000/day vs. 2000/day) in getting the job done... think about that...
TAMU1990
AG
It's really not that far of a drive to Brenham. Nice and leisurely.
nought
AG
Goose83 said:

Again, just how long will this period of atonement last? When will the prodigal son be allowed back in the

When our local authorities can give out 200 shots per hour with no messed up emails, no messed up sign ups, no unused doses, etc.
TwoTimeAg
AG
cavscout96 said:

I WOULD say, "you get what you pay for," but in Brazos county that sure doesn't seem to be the case.

maybe the other old maxim... "you get the government you deserve," is more applicable.

it's like the blind leading the imbeciles at this point. I mean, we are high fiving that the county can be half as good a Washington county (~1000/day vs. 2000/day) in getting the job done... think about that...
Washington County did 4000/day last Tuesday and is scheduled to do 3000/day next week.
Goose83
AG
TAMU1990 said:

It's really not that far of a drive to Brenham. Nice and leisurely.
The point is someone living in Bryan shouldn't have to drive to Brenham when they have a perfectly good site a couple of minutes from home.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Washington County did 4000/day last Tuesday and is scheduled to do 3000/day next week.
Reservations required?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.