COVID VACCINE

175,982 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MeKnowNot
During the update he told some nice stories and dropped a bunch of names, but it didn't give me confidence that they are up to the task.

- Don't have vaccines and don't know when they will
- Don't have a working website/tracking system
- Don't know if they will be able to scale-up to manage the volume when the 2nd shots are due.

He really seemed to take offense to the people that have driven to Bexar County to get the vaccine. If that's the best way for Brazos County residents to get the shot, tell us!
Goose83
AG
backinbcs
Another very good experience at Mature Well. My wife was down the list and was call last Wednesday. Seems to be working well. Well oiled machine. Thanks St. Joes
Goose83
AG
backinbcs said:

Another very good experience at Mature Well. My wife was down the list and was call last Wednesday. Seems to be working well. Well oiled machine. Thanks St. Joes
When did she sign up?
Post removed:
by user
jrhmc
AG
Just an FYI but I got called back from the Washington County site and it came up as Potential Spam on my phone. Several St. Joe's numbers are doing the same. If you're signed up on lists, it might be time to answer those annoying spam calls just in case you get called back from a vaccine site. I didn't catch the call because my phone was still on Do Not Disturb from the night before.
backinbcs
The day after the original link filled up and went dead.
jrhmc
AG
backinbcs said:

The St. Joe's process after you get called for the vaccine seems to be working well but my issue is who they are calling in the first place. My mother-in-law is 72, a stroke survivor, and has a heart condition. Needless to say, she has barely left her house since last March. She is a St. Joe's patient and we registered her with St. Joe's as soon as the list came available. All of St. Joseph's school and church staff and faculty were called before she was. I do not begrudge those people their vaccine. I just question the order of importance. We need better organization.
dubi
AG
Quote:

The St. Joe's process after you get called for the vaccine seems to be working well but my issue is who they are calling in the first place. My mother-in-law is 72, a stroke survivor, and has a heart condition. Needless to say, she has barely left her house since last March. She is a St. Joe's patient and we registered her with St. Joe's as soon as the list came available. All of St. Joseph's school and church staff and faculty were called before she was. I do not begrudge those people their vaccine. I just question the order of importance. We need better organization.

I think within 1b, they needed some type of sub categories of need to be used for prioritization.

The 21 year old obese person with a BMI > 30 is in the same category as your mom.
jrhmc
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

I think within 1b, they needed some type of sub categories of need to be used for prioritization.

The 21 year old obese person with a BMI > 30 is in the same category as your mom.
I know. My husband and I are both in group 1B as well. He has diabetes and I have bladder cancer and am on immune suppressants.
TwoTimeAg
AG
jrhmc said:

Just an FYI but I got called back from the Washington County site and it came up as Potential Spam on my phone. Several St. Joe's numbers are doing the same. If you're signed up on lists, it might be time to answer those annoying spam calls just in case you get called back from a vaccine site. I didn't catch the call because my phone was still on Do Not Disturb from the night before.
The Washington County hub was averaging 280 shots an hour this morning and was expecting to go through all 2000 doses today per the Washington County EMS director.
cavscout96
AG
Planning + communication = success

labmansid
jrhmc said:

Yes, that happened to me, but something in my mind told me maybe I should answer. I was on the road this past Saturday afternoon and was surprised that's who was calling. I had called within the first minute they opened up for calls on that Monday morning, but never actually talked to a person. I kept calling repeatedly throughout the morning. That afternoon when I called I only got a recording telling me my number was in the queue I guess I didn't make the cut for the first batch. On the call on Saturday, I was given an appointment for this morning, and received my first shot. Woohoo!!

Quote:

The Washington County hub was averaging 280 shots an hour this morning and was expecting to go through all 2000 doses today per the Washington County EMS director.
That doesn't surprise me at all. My "appointment" was for 11:00AM this morning. They didn't really seem to be worried about what time I was there, because as usual I was a bit early at 10:45. They just waved me on through. I had already downloaded and filled out the registration paper as suggested to speed things up. So, I entered the line about 10:45, and including the mandatory 15 minute wait after my injection, I was out at 11:10AM. There were three lines at the end of the serpentine for the actual injection part. I was really impressed with how smoothly and efficiently it all went. Kudos to the crew who put this all together.
aggiemom89
How does one sign up for the Washington County site?
jrhmc
AG
aggiemom89 said:

How does one sign up for the Washington County site?
You just call their phone number. It puts your phone number on the list.
Post removed:
by user
TAMU1990
AG
labmansid said:

jrhmc said:

Yes, that happened to me, but something in my mind told me maybe I should answer. I was on the road this past Saturday afternoon and was surprised that's who was calling. I had called within the first minute they opened up for calls on that Monday morning, but never actually talked to a person. I kept calling repeatedly throughout the morning. That afternoon when I called I only got a recording telling me my number was in the queue I guess I didn't make the cut for the first batch. On the call on Saturday, I was given an appointment for this morning, and received my first shot. Woohoo!!

Quote:

That doesn't surprise me at all. My "appointment" was for 11:00AM this morning. They didn't really seem to be worried about what time I was there, because as usual I was a bit early at 10:45. They just waved me on through. I had already downloaded and filled out the registration paper as suggested to speed things up. So, I entered the line about 10:45, and including the mandatory 15 minute wait after my injection, I was out at 11:10AM. There were three lines at the end of the serpentine for the actual injection part. I was really impressed with how smoothly and efficiently it all went. Kudos to the crew who put this all together.
What time did you call on the first day? I'm trying to see how far dow they are on the list.
labmansid
I was waiting to call right at, or maybe even just a bit before, the clock turned to 8:00AM that Monday morning that was the designated day to call for an appointment. As I mentioned, I never talked to anyone that day. At first I would actually get a ringing on the other end and then it would go to a busy signal. After a while, I didn't even get a ringing sound. It would just immediately go to a busy signal. I suspected, and then saw on the news later, that their phone system eventually crashed due to the volume of calls they were receiving. I guess at some point before that happened, my caller ID registered in their system and I eventually got the callback on Saturday.
BQ_90
AG
Well looks like Brazos County was out whataburgered by Philly

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/27/philly-fighting-covid-vaccine/?outputType=amp

Quote:

Philadelphia let 'college kids' distribute vaccines. The result was a 'disaster,' volunteers say.
Post removed:
by user
nought
AG
Brazos County gave a whopping 53 new doses of the vaccine yesterday!

Meanwhile, down in Washington County, they managed to give out 280 doses per hour and went through their entire week 7 allocation of 2000 doses yesterday:

https://kwhi.com/county-judges-tour-regional-vaccination-subhub/

By the way, that article also kills the myth that there is a big lag between the state publishing the allocation for a week and a county receiving it. Washington County received their week 7 (January 25) allocation of 2000 doses on Tuesday, January 26. And they managed to give them all out that same day.
Goose83
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

BQ_90 said:

Well looks like Brazos County was out whataburgered by Philly

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/27/philly-fighting-covid-vaccine/?outputType=amp

Quote:

Philadelphia let 'college kids' distribute vaccines. The result was a 'disaster,' volunteers say.

As opposed to doing nothing? LOL
In Philly's case, nothing would have been a more preferable outcome.
backinbcs
That number can't be correct based on what I saw going in and out of Mature Well yesterday. At least one of the Walgreens was active yesterday as well.
MiMi
S
COVID 19 Vaccine in Texas Dashboard

The 53 vaccinations was the number reported yesterday at 8:18am on the Texas Health and Human Services website.
Post removed:
by user
BQ_90
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

"We need more time to figure this stuff out..." - Brazos County
We got Marshal Ruidoso on the case now.
trouble
AG
MiMi said:

COVID 19 Vaccine in Texas Dashboard

The 53 vaccinations was the number reported yesterday at 8:18am on the Texas Health and Human Services website.

So we're consistently a day behind on reporting
TommyBrady
AG
New numbers updated 1/27/21 1:29:18 PM is 7,464 vaccinated with at least one and 1,101 vaccinated with both.
Jinx
Left the Brazos Center test run a bit ago. Was in and out in less than 30, and most of that was spent hanging around voluntarily to be observed for reaction. While there they announced they'd done 100+ after running for an hour. There were many stations open, and they scheduled my 2nd immediately after I got my shot.

The biggest slowdown will likely be just getting cars into the lot.

There were lots of staff/volunteers there, many were just idling about during the test run so I expect they will be prepared for more people without too much of an issue.

cavscout96
AG

Quote:

The biggest slowdown will likely be just getting cars into the lot.

Shouldn't be hard to put a deputy at the entrance to ensure smooth traffic flow out onto Briarcrest.

It's done for HS football all the time.

BQ_90
AG
thats the biggest issue with the Brazos Center is traffic, why not use the BC expo center
dubi
AG
BQ_90 said:

thats the biggest issue with the Brazos Center is traffic, why not use the BC expo center
The expo center has actual paid events.
nought
AG
Wednesday beat Tuesday in terms of new vaccinations in Brazos County. 56 instead of 53 the day before.
cavscout96
AG
dubi said:

BQ_90 said:

The expo center has actual paid events.
and a gigantic parking lot that would support one way traffic.

seems like a no-brainer to me. I mean, I can't imagine a lot of disruption owing to the snail's pace at which our government(s) are moving...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.