Cooper's barbecue

64,765 Views | 253 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by halibut sinclair
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, enough of the "It's hard to get to" nonsense. This is B/CS. Nothing is that hard to get to. If you have good food, people will find you and be able to get there. Google maps can help with that.
armymom
Actually it is very easy to get to at the Emerald Pkwy exit. Turn right at the 1st street (Corsair) before the neighborhood entrance and it will be down on the right.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
This thread is about Cooper's do we really need to rehash the asinine discussion over a business that's been closed for a year? It's gone. Y'all won. Let's move on.

[No and this is the second time that we have had to clean up this thread due to derails. -Staff]
australopithecus robustus
Regardless of price, location etc, I personally think Cooper's will be hard pressed to get their investment back with the $ they spent. This market won't provide them with the volume they will need. There's just too many restaurants per capita.
susieq30
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

This thread is about Cooper's do we really need to rehash the asinine discussion over a business that's been closed for a year? It's gone. Y'all won. Let's move on.

[No and this is the second time that we have had to clean up this thread due to derails. -Staff]
What are you talking about? This is a new business that hasn't even opened yet. I think it is supposed to open this month sometime.
Rex Racer
AG
susieq30 said:

Sweet Kitten Feet said:

What are you talking about? This is a new business that hasn't even opened yet. I think it is supposed to open this month sometime.
They are referring to Kreuz.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Thread got derailed back to a few people wanting to rehash the no forks thing and why they hated Kreuz, etc. Staff cleaned it up so we could focus on talking about Cooper's, the new place.
MisterShipWreck
Unfortunately I wonder if this place will make it as well.
SARATOGA
If you've ever been to Coopers, you know they'll make it !

The one in New Braunfels does very well, and B/CS is a much larger market than NB, and we have gamedays.

CJs will suffer.

Rudy's will suffer.

Cooper's might not be the best in Texas, but it is easy Top 10, and some days maybe Top 5. I use their seasonings on my own BBQ for my smoking meats at home.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

[That is not the way to reply on this forum. -Staff]
AgsWin2011
AG
I know if I'm the owner of that new fancy BBQ joint I'm pissed that it didn't get opened before the first home football game. Coming up on our 4th or 5th home game and still not open. That's a lot of missed business. Maybe they knew they wouldn't but the sign said Summer 2019.
91_Aggie
AG
Heismenberg said:

I know if I'm the owner of that new fancy BBQ joint I'm pissed that it didn't get opened before the first home football game. Coming up on our 4th or 5th home game and still not open. That's a lot of missed business. Maybe they knew they wouldn't but the sign said Summer 2019.
Tad's had a sign out front of Lowe's up for "Coming soon" about a year before the cooper's had their sign up.
Based on current progress I expect Tad's to be open sometime around this time next year.
AgProgrammer
AG
armymom said:

Actually it is very easy to get to at the Emerald Pkwy exit. Turn right at the 1st street (Corsair) before the neighborhood entrance and it will be down on the right.
My comment about ease of access from the highway was in regards to non-local, passing through town traffic...not B/CS locals. I understand that locals will figure it out, know the back ways, etc.

But the Aggieland Board Overlords have deemed my post unacceptable and since removed it. Guess we only need to talk about positive things like rainbows and sunshine here.

Signed - 11 year resident of Aggieland and previous Emerald Forest homeowner.
TXAG 05
AG
Heismenberg said:

I'm sure they had every intention of being open before football season, but the construction gods laugh when people make plans. Bad weather, inspections, architect mistakes, change orders, etc slow things down. Restaurants have a lot more hassles with passing the healt department stuff
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Well I just wish they'd hurry up and announce something official. I'm always down to try to some new BBQ.
labmansid
I do know of one contractor that goofed up and didn't leave the required specs for the HVAC ducting. I'm sure there were plenty of the usual delays along the way. Seems like most planned openings are overly optimistic.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
labmansid said:

I do know of one contractor that goofed up and didn't leave the required specs for the HVAC ducting. I'm sure there were plenty of the usual delays along the way. Seems like most planned openings are overly optimistic.
- been trying/waiting to order from there.. HVAC headaches tend to mess up ppl's days..
SARATOGA
Fired pits yesterday according to the Twitters....
EliteElectric
Ribs were VERY good.
scs2001
AG
Is it open?
UmustBKidding
No he is special he's their electrician.
EliteElectric
They fed one of our crews the other day and they raved about it.
Bunk Moreland
I think they'll be open in about a week and a half
EliteElectric
Having a whole dinner service for us constructors Monday so I imagine opening is eminent
MiMi
S
Their Facebook post earlier today said that they hope to be open by the end of the week.
SARATOGA
THURSDAY !
Aggieangler93
AG
Looking for reviews from y'all locals, so that when I am back in town in a few weeks, I will know if I should fight my kids to go get some BBQ.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
wgs1350
There was actually a Coopers in Kerrville back in late 70's. It became my addiction great BBQ
EliteElectric
EliteElectric said:

Having a whole dinner service for us constructors Monday so I imagine opening is eminent
Thing was actually last night. I brought 7 of us and here are a few thoughts.

• Best opening party I have been to. 1st class, if this is an indicator of things to come it bodes well for the place
  • Parking and getting there is easy, just exit 2818/Emerald Pkwy and come around on Corsair
  • We tried all of the meats and everything I had was awesome. We got everything dunked in sauce. Brisket was some of the best I have had anywhere, big chop is just how I remembered it
  • We tried several sides -green beans, pinto beans, mack and cheese, salad, corn, jalapeno bacon mac and cheese, it was all great as well.
  • My 5yo had some Blue Belle and cobbler, I did not partake, but she loved it
  • The big bar is awesome, one of us had the Texas Mule which was different but really good, TV's had the WS on, they have a bunch of draft beers and wines, and a full bar. I can easily see that bar full.
  • There was a lot of kids there and they all ended up playing in the cornhole/grassy area out front, including our kid.

Overall I give it high marks. I don't eat BBQ every night, but I will definitely be frequenting the place.
techno-ag
halibut sinclair
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Won't lie

Really looking fwd to hanging it there with the wife on a weekday evening

2-3 hrs with some spirits and bbq.
AG
Quote:

• Parking and getting there is easy, just exit 2818/Emerald Pkwy and come around on Corsair

IMO they are going to have to heavily publicize that so folks know how to get there.
sportsmom
AG
We went tonight for the soft opening and the food was amazing. Our group tried all of the different meats and sides and it was all excellent. The favorite at the table might have been the pecan cobbler! Beautiful new building, nice big bar area, and nice patio. The location is easily accessible thru Emerald Forest on Corsair.
DPlainview
AG
I'll say this. If the BBQ doesn't keep them open (which I think it will - outstanding tonight), that sweet ass bar certainly will.

What a great environment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.