Is it ok if we cut Energy Bills in ... Half?

24,826 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
JP76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

BTW We're giving away 4 more free A/C Systems ( 2 set aside for only Havey impacted houses) hit our website to enter https://www.ecozapphvac.com/

Hit our facebook if you need verification on if EcoZapp is doing something good or something shady
https://www.facebook.com/EcoZapphome/

"I don't even know what this is? "
You might want to delete the video where the expert working for you doesn't even know what a thermostat wire is.

And you may want to tone down giving away all the free systems so you can pay your team during the slow months. Unlike pest control where you get paid year around you are going to learn first hand about feast and famine in your new business venture if you stick around long enough. Those old guys that you detest are still around for a reason and you could definitely learn something from them about long term business viability in a cyclical industry.
JP76
Welcome to millennial marketing 101
BCStalk

The fact that the SBA named me the Young Entrepreneur of the Year for the Houston region for doing what we're doing , and yet a bunch of old white A/C guys are grumpy about us making noises makes us think...

Still laughing
Bunk Moreland
JP76 said:

Welcome to millennial marketing 101

This is not millennial marketing. This out of your league with a small amount of snake oil marketing. Been around for generations.
JP76

JP76 said:

On par with your creative math of $400-$600 ac electrical usage on single residential units

Did you know there's a topic in the Aggieland forum addressing high electric bills in this area?
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2960535

Also, please consider just because your house and many other ppl's homes on here are probably above average. ( you know A&M Alumni yields higher salaries and what not ) You're not considering houses in not as good shape running 2+ window units with an A/C system running 24/7 costing ppl a week's pay check every month running them.

The fact you're arguing against higher SEER systems is down right asinine and then you're arguing against an inexpensive solution like Arctic Blast which usually helps lower ppl's air coming from the vents by ~7*F and cuts their electric bill. ( I'm sure you'll argue how something good is so bad like small minded people do, but to many people this is a quality a life issue and a way we can help those who can't afford a newer system )

You're a perfect example to us as to why the A/C industry is extremely overdue for a change and expose just how many misconceptions there are relating to A/C systems. We have a film crew following us around for this very reason and are planning of going over every single detail about the A/C business.

The fact that you have spent so much time coming up with asinine arguments mean we're pushing pressure points and a few are probably offending you so some degree ( maybe for your own shortcomings..). We're not scared to call out the BS of the A/C industry.

The fact that the SBA named me the Young Entrepreneur of the Year for the Houston region for doing what we're doing , and yet a bunch of old white A/C guys are grumpy about us making noises makes us think...

You know, it was fun last year when we had 100's of thousands of ppl hitting out digital pages critiquing our service. Yet at the same time we had several dozen ppl with actual College degrees and Masters degrees working in the HVAC field sending us resumes. This made us realize a few fun things. ( old guys in HVAC don't like us -ppl with College Degrees in the HVAC field are sending us resumes ???) Now we've plucked some of the best in the area and a few of the best in the Houston area.

Since then we've assembled a team of ppl who know a know lot about the HVAC business who have left their current jobs for a culture change.

Since last year we sold our Pest and LED light operations in both Waco and B/CS and invested 100% of everything into an HVAC service, built a great team, added a fleet, and started becoming serious competitors in the area, which has already caused a bit of a shake-up in the B/CS market and I'm assuming you've noticed and don't like it.

Please keep commenting and posting, i'll troll with you for weeks brother.

So post all the FACTS from the start and then people won't be as critical of your savings claims

You posted nothing about window units being replaced when asked what was running before

"This was a 3.5 ton 14 SEER with new Duct work, and we removed ~15 year old system."

Or was that just an oversight on your part ?

I'm just trying to figure out your end goal with this company.

A year ago it was selling a additive for $500 that will save people money from not having to replace old systems and you were hating on the old guys who push new systems. Now once you found out you can make $200 + an hour on installs you are suddenly pushing new systems.

Here are some real word numbers from a system I just had I had installed 2 months ago

Old system

1900 sq ft
3 inches of rockwool in attic
R11 in walls
Single pane windows

3.5 12 SEER 12 years
Leaking coil
Leaking condenser
Couldn't cool house under 80/81 when 100+ outside

New
14 SEER
4 ton
House was 74 on the day we hit 108 last week

AC electrical usage has dropped from 1250 kWh to 1000 kWh or about $26 in savings

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
There were no window unit's on that house.

You were convinced it's not possible or very unlikely people are running into $400-600 / month energy bills. I was pointing out that you might be slightly misinformed and that we do in fact run into people with these high bills.
BCStalk
I run our old outdated unit at 68 degrees all summer and have a bill that stays around $300. Subtract the $100 for water and trash and I get $200 for electricity. That's with A/C running full blast, refrigerator, washer, dryer, camera system, 2 televisions, electric water heater that stays running with the amount of laundry and hot water we use, and several lights and fans. Oh yeah forgot about the electric stove.

Now let's talk about my poor parents (since you feel the need to call out rich people. They run a 10 year old cheap unit that doesn't even have a name on it that's legible. 1600 sqtf house, A/C on 70-72 degrees year round, plenty of electronics all around, old outdated refrigerator, old outdated washer and dryer, old outdated water heater. Electric bill.....are you ready for this....$150. Don't know how in the world two dirt poor people could ever manage to pull that off. Other than hiring a real HVAC company to do yearly maintenance for around $200 a year. No magic juice, no new fancy duct work you see on Snapchat. Just average poor people with average poor people equipment living comfortable at $150 a month. Weird.

Forgot to mention that my parents house was built in the 60s with original insulation and windows. Definitely haven't ever seen a $500 electric bill.
JP76

You were convinced it's not possible or very unlikely people are running into $400-600 / month energy bills. I was pointing out that you might be slightly misinformed and that we do in fact run into people with these high bills.

Just post all the FACTS and there won't be anything to argue about. I still believe $400-$600 AC use on bills on a single residential unit is not the norm.

The system I posted about before with the Leaking coil and condenser set on 74-75 would run from 10 am to about 10-11 pm every single day without cycling. Now it cycles and it is only saving less than $30 per month and total AC electrical usage was 1000 kwh. So with a leaking undersized unit the AC electrical usage only was never more than $130 per month. Other posters have posted evidence of their own usage of 1250-1500 kWh from AC usage. To have $400-$600 in AC electrical usage alone would be 3500-5500 KWh with BCS rates and my argument remains that is not common at all. That is why I'm intrigued about these systems you claim are using 3-5 times what other real life examples are using.
BrazosDog02
AG

If what you say is true, that you 'run into people with high bills', you must agree that this is an 'outlier'. So even if it's true, do you use the outliers as a sales point for the 'average' homeowner AC sale?
Oogway
I'm curious; is this Arctic Blast the same product sold by MOC, the automotive product supplier that is to be used in automotive air conditioners? That is a liquid, and its contents are indeed proprietary. While it is a low hazard level according to the SDS, if this is what you are using, I'm not sure I'm comfortable putting a product designed for one type of system into another, even if those systems have the same purpose. Arctic Distributors in Richardson also manufactures an additive I believe so if these are the same, then are you essentially using it "off-label"?

AggieBarstool
JP76 said:

Just post all the FACTS...
Come on, dude. He obviously doesn't have them, know them, know what they mean, or he's outright lying.

I'm looking around for a new HVAC provider, too, and most definitely won't be hiring EcoZapp. Thanks for helping me narrow down the search!
TexasAggie_02
AG
Is ecozapp a TexAgs sponsor? Very odd that this thread is still alive. Either they are a sponsor, or staff enjoys a good dumpster fire.

I don't think I've been this entertained since "A1 towed the wrong car"
dubi
AG
Quote:

staff enjoys a good dumpster fire.
+10 million

I just like to watch JP76 battle with this moron or I'd be gone.
cslifer
Where are these 4-6 hundred dollar bills? One of our rent houses in bryan is 2200 sq ft with minimal insulation built in the 1940s and the tenant says their bill is about $275 keeping it at 75 all the time
Edit: it has central air that was added about 10 yrs ago and is obviously fairly shoddy installation.
Expert Analysis
AG
Here are some real world numbers:
3100 sqft home
3.5 and 1.5 ton 15 SEER heat pumps both 7 years old
I am pretty conservative, most bulbs in the house are LED, AC and heat are generally set to the edge of comfortable levels.
Between 8/2/17 and 7/9/18 my total electrical costs with tax on rural BTU are $1072.

A $600 dollar electric bill is one of 3 things. A lie, an unintelligent homeowner, or a huge house. None of which should be part of a sales pitch or included as evidence to support any kind of argument.

I had previously mentioned the 14 SEER unit you posted about selling. Why did you not seller a higher SEER unit? You complain about other people who are not sold on the advantages of higher SEER units, while at the same time you are on here bragging about a 14 SEER unit you sold...
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
TexasAggie_02 said:

Is ecozapp a TexAgs sponsor? Very odd that this thread is still alive. Either they are a sponsor, or staff enjoys a good dumpster fire.

I don't think I've been this entertained since "A1 towed the wrong car"

Yes, we're sponsor and I hope we pack a bit of an entertainment for some

Check out the 1st of our new Vans

stinkerbelle
I have no dog in this fight, but there is this.....

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2960535
saltydog13
AG
Expert Analysis said:

3100 sqft home
I am pretty conservative, most bulbs in the house are LED, AC and heat are generally set to the edge of comfortable levels.
Between 8/2/17 and 7/9/18 my total electrical costs with tax on rural BTU are $1072..

Did you have a typo and that's supposed to say $172?
dubi
AG
saltydog13 said:

Expert Analysis said:

3100 sqft home
Between 8/2/17 and 7/9/18 my total electrical costs with tax on rural BTU are $1072..

Did you have a typo and that's supposed to say $172?
ANNUAL bill was $1,072

Note date range
saltydog13
AG
Oops. I read that as the past month.
ETA: that's really good for having 2 heat pumps. Just checked our rural bill total for the same time period and it's $1472.
cslifer
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Arctic Blast Demo on a HOT day in College Station

WARNING: THIS IS OUR SEMI-CONTROVERSIAL SERVICE - Reducing energy bills!!

( Homeowners seem to appreciate the fact we're saving them money and making their home much more comfortable )

To all the HVAC experts please feel free to comment below

This system was running 'ok' and was putting out rather high humidity to begin with. This is what happens often in ~5 mins if you have an R-22 system without a TXV value.

mtec
Semi-controversial? Hmm.
InMyOpinion

Arctic Blast Demo on a HOT day in College Station

WARNING: THIS IS OUR SEMI-CONTROVERSIAL SERVICE - Reducing energy bills!!

( Homeowners seem to appreciate the fact we're saving them money and making their home much more comfortable )

To all the HVAC experts please feel free to comment below

This system was running 'ok' and was putting out rather high humidity to begin with. This is what happens often in ~5 mins if you have an R-22 system without a TXV value.

88% humidity seems bad. My house stays around 38-40% Did you just add the Artic blast or did you do anything else. There had to be something wrong with this system before adding The Artic Blast chemical - dirty coils, improper airflow or this family takes a bunch of long hot steamy showers
Lone Stranger
There are lots of additives you can put in any HVAC system to make it cool better/faster. This is not rocket surgery. The challenge is to find additives that are economic, reliable and safe. Most people would at least like to have some "odds" of knowing in general if all three criteria are met before adding something to one of the higher cost mechanical systems in their residence. (Pay not attention to that person behind the curtain or sitting on your shoulder yelling it sounds to good to be true!)

The Artic Blast type additives have been around since the 90's and came from the space program research. The companies that do this in general have a problem in that they use snake oil sales tactics by and large to sell them and in 20 years haven't gotten any traction with the overall HVAC industry and associated energy savings/conservation groups. In typical snake oil sales tactics its because everyone else isn't as smart as them. They are chasing an elusive combo of economics, reliability and safety that aren't good enough for rule of thumb adoption by most people in the industry. In other words....yea, they can work but only in the right situations, not as rule of thumb blanket solution and we can't measure your system beforehand to know how much it will help if at all and if we can't measure before then we have no way to predict/know how much benefit you might get for the cost.

If there is not test to show how much oil fouling is in my system then there isn't any metric to show/predict how much improvement I might expect for the expense of adding the material. If I can't predict how much energy reduction I might get in MY SYSTEM i can't really do a cost/benefit analysis. Economics: Trial and error...most long term AC contractors don't stay in business selling trial and error.....unless they are really good in sales/marketing.

I was involved in a project with similar stuff in the late 90's with a company in central TX, several energy consultants and govt energy offices and a national lab. Cooling improved in all the systems the material was added to. Unfortunately, 1/5 of the systems quit in the following 6 months after the additive was introduced (the gunk had to go somewhere). The additive company screamed to anyone that would listen "they were old systems anyway......it wasn't our additive." Reliability.....meh! Ask the sales people or distributor how to know if your system is of a condition the additive will work but hasten its demise.....and what their response is if you want them to make you whole if it fails in the next 6 months of cooling season. If they didn't measure anything before they put it in, how can they know/predict what the results are.

Its not just the HVAC industry....energy savings groups, govt energy groups, consultants, etc just haven't seen the trial and error approach get good enough data, numbers and results over the last 20 years to get behind it.

dubi
halibut sinclair
Quote:

88% humidity seems bad. My house stays around 38-40% Did you just add the Artic blast or did you do anything else. There had to be something wrong with this system before adding The Artic Blast chemical - dirty coils, improper airflow or this family takes a bunch of long hot steamy showers
70% humidity after the install of the goo is still terrible.
Oogway
Lone Stranger said:

This is not rocket surgery.
Is it surgery or science?

Definition of surgery
plural surgeries
1 : a branch of medicine concerned with diseases and conditions requiring or amenable to operative or manual procedures
2 : alterations made as if by surgery
  • literary surgery
3 a British : a physician's or dentist's office
b : a room or area where surgery is performed
4 a : the work done by a surgeon.

Definition of science

1 : the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding
2 a : a department of systematized knowledge as an object of study
  • the science of theology
b : something (such as a sport or technique) that may be studied or learned like systematized knowledge
  • have it down to a science
3 a : knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method
b : such knowledge or such a system of knowledge concerned with the physical world and its phenomena: natural science
4 : a system or method reconciling practical ends with scientific laws
  • cooking is both a science and an art

I'm just giving you a hard time. Personally, I prefer using the term rocket science, but that's just me...

Good post and if anyone is going to inject something into their A/C unit, it might just as well be essential oils....
91_Aggie
AG
Seriously.. you posted all that because you were not aware of the "That's the Joke!" thing with the term Rocket Surgery?!!?!
Oogway
No. Is that a thing?!
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
halibut sinclair said:

Quote:

Some ppl in life will always find something negative in this world. You sir are one of those ppl.

Maybe try some Joel Osteen or Grant Cardone in the morning, you know something to make you not hate the world.

91_Aggie
AG
Oogway said:

No. Is that a thing?!

Yeah, a purposeful mix-up of the phrases:
"It ain't Brain Surgery"
"It ain't Rocket Science"

It's the kind of "joke" someone like Michael Scott from The Office would find hilarious and use over and over thinking it was very funny.

91_Aggie
AG
In all seriousness for the latest post from EcoZapp... I am one of those cynics/realists who will always be leery of something that sounds too good to be true.

The only way I'd purchase that service from any company (Add this special magical substance and your A/C will be more efficient), is through the following conditions:
1) You install it.
2) If it is still working and didn't kill my system after 6 months, then I'll pay you.

halibut sinclair

halibut sinclair said:

Quote:

Some ppl in life will always find something negative in this world. You sir are one of those ppl.

Maybe try some Joel Osteen or Grant Cardone in the morning, you know something to make you not hate the world.
Ok - if that humidity level is acceptable to you, then there's another reason to never use your company.

I, too, would like to know how the snake oil is working on these systems after 6 months or a year. Examples?
TexasAggie_02
AG
FWIW, they apparently put the magic juice in the TexAgs office. This vid is from 12months ago, would be interested to see how they are doing 1 year later

https://www.facebook.com/EcoZapphome/videos/268832786855190/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.