Is it ok if we cut Energy Bills in ... Half?

24,809 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
jskin261
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Josh don't let the trolls beat you down. Go pop one of your Grant Cardone tapes in the radio and push play.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
jskin261 said:

Josh don't let the trolls beat you down. Go pop one of your Grant Cardone tapes in the radio and push play.
Good advice !

Here's one with Tim Grover - Micheal Jordan's personal Trainer Good video

dubi
AG
InMyOpinion said:

While it's obvious the useage went down but details about what they had, what you did, size of home, age of previous unit if replaced with a 2 stage etc.
I have a 30yo AC unit. If replaced, energy consumption will plunge like the OP's 1st post in this thread.

That is why we want and deserve details of the before and after units.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
dubi said:

InMyOpinion said:

While it's obvious the useage went down but details about what they had, what you did, size of home, age of previous unit if replaced with a 2 stage etc.
I have a 30yo AC unit. If replaced, energy consumption will plunge like the OP's 1st post in this thread.

Yes, your energy consumption would nose dive. Might I ask why you haven't considered replacing yet? The savings would pay for a new system, especially if the duct work is as old as well.

I'm not even 30 yet..

skeetboy3
AG
Quote:

I'm not even 30 yet..

Based on how you have handled this, I am not surprised at all.
dubi
AG
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

dubi said:

InMyOpinion said:

Yes, your energy consumption would nose dive. Might I ask why you haven't considered replacing yet? The savings would pay for a new system, especially if the duct work is as old as well.

I'm not even 30 yet..

I'm waiting for it to die.

But yet again you ignore the question: details on the before and after units that are illustrated in the graphic!
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
3.5 tons 14 SEER system with new Duct work. The unit we took off was ~15 years old I believe

It's the Air Ducts most neglect which add greatly to the efficiency

If your house is 30 years old in College Station your Air Ducts will probably look something like this.

TexasAggie_02
AG
rc_cat said:

I assume your arrogance gains you some benefit in the business world, but all it does on TexAgs is make you look like a jerk.

If you're going to continue to post on this site as a business owner/representative, please learn to spell.

You never go full Charlie Mac
TexasAggie_02
AG
cslifer said:

So how exactly do you propose to cut my energy use in half?

Do you have any scissors handy?
JP76

3.5 tons 14 SEER system with new Duct work. The unit we took off was ~15 years old I believe

If your house is 30 years old in College Station your Air Ducts will probably look something like this.

What seer was old unit ?

How much was the install cost ?

The reason people don't replace is because it's hard to justify $5,000-7,000 upfront to save $420 in electrical usage per year.

b0ridi
JP76 said:

What seer was old unit ?

The reason people don't replace is because it's hard to justify $5,000-7,000 upfront to save $420 in electrical usage per year.

None of that matters. He got rid of the pressurization.
JP76
b0ridi said:

JP76 said:

What seer was old unit ?

None of that matters. He got rid of the pressurization.

The main issue with old fiberglass duct like that is the leakage that happens at all of the seams. Lots of houses out there with cool air going into the attic versus all of it going into the registers.
saltydog13
AG
JP76 said:

What seer was old unit ?

I just got all the quotes recently. Difference between 14 seer single and 16 seer 2 stage was about $2500 if I remember correctly. The jump from 14 seer single to 18 speed variable was $6k. In other words, a long long payback time since Texas winters are historically mild and you won't be saving much at all from November to April. Say you save $50 a month from may-October, that's only $300 a year saved and the break even would be 20 years and the system would most likely have been replaced by then. I'm just basing this off a 15 year old 2000 square foot home on BTU rates where the highest electric bill hasn't even been $200 in July/August. Ductwork was another ~$3k.
dubi
AG
My hubby sealed the leaks in the air ducts when we bought the house. He checks them annually and we choose to live with the old one.

We have owned the home 6.5 years and fully expected the unit to die every single summer.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
JP76 said:

What seer was old unit ?

We have a multitude of different sources of financing available. $420 + repairs + having a system leaking R-22 into the ozone + R-22 Phaseout happening on Jan. 1 2020 = justification to replace a poorly running inefficient system.

Not to mention the more comfortable, healthier / cleaner air a new system provides. Plus we offer 10 year of Bi-Annual Maintenance with new systems.

TexAgs ppl might even get a free Halo-Reme Indoor Air Purifier if they ask

Media Filter + Reme Halo = Allergy Relief in the Brazos Valley . ( mold spore killers for Harvey impacted houses)( E-coli killers for Chipotle )

I would consider this one of the BEST products in the HVAC industry, before we started selling them in College Station they collected dust in the supply houses.
We literally picked up one which was caked in dust with a dead cricket on top of the box ( being in the Pest game I would put the dead cricket at at least 2 years old)

Post removed:
by user
InMyOpinion

So you basically did what I would expect and what other AC companies would do
Expert Analysis
AG
After his posts on page 1 about 14 SEER units, you think he would have cared enough to push something higher...
bco2003
AG
Actual quote from the thread on the Home Improvement board:

Eco.Zapp.Makes.Crisp.Alr said:

Alright. I confess.

We're selling snake oil. But it's profitable with gullible customers.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
bco2003 said:

Actual quote from the thread on the Home Improvement board:

Eco.Zapp.Makes.Crisp.Alr said:

Alright. I confess.

We're selling snake oil. But it's profitable with gullible customers.

You do realize i'm the authentic "EcoZapp.makes.crisp.air" right? Not "Eco.Zapp.makes.crisp.air "

You're trying to call us out, but you're responding to a fake user name from an impostor
legalbird
as a neutral observer, I make this challenge

Let's find an unsuspecting homeowner that is willing to participate in this debate by allowing the super/mystery product into his poorly running AC.

At the end of 60 days the homeowner reports the findings, and that is the verdict.

BrazosDog02
AG
What's the payback time of the new system installed? I already know the answer because I replaced my 13 year old 14 SEER With a 16seer much higher end unit and far more efficient.

As a homeowner, even I calculate the payback period. Did you do it for the customer ? Did you show them?

I'm genuinely concerned that you removed a 10seer unit and replaced it with a 22seer inverter for $25k that the owners will pay on and never recupe the costs on over the life of he unit. That's why people rarely buy them.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
BrazosDog02 said:

What's the payback time of the new system installed? I already know the answer because I replaced my 13 year old 14 SEER With a 16seer much higher end unit and far more efficient.

As a homeowner, even I calculate the payback period. Did you do it for the customer ? Did you show them?

I'm genuinely concerned that you removed a 10seer unit and replaced it with a 22seer inverter for $25k that the owners will pay on and never recupe the costs on over the life of he unit. That's why people rarely buy them.

I didn't sell or install the system, so I do not know the calculations on the payback. Every job defers and when we redesigned the duct work we'll hopefully achieve a faster than calculated payback anyways ( it did drop by half).

Please remember SEER ratings do drop every year ~3% , in 10 years from now you might only have say 70% of your original SEER rating. ( Arctic Blast is really beneficial because of this reason for older systems) 16 SEER in 10 years isn't going to be close to a 16 SEER, we do live in a hot and humid environment. A/C systems around here are extremely hard working machines, which do become inefficient with time. Also remember lawn guys care zero about the grass clipping being blown into your condenser lowering SEER every 2 weeks

This was a 3.5 ton 14 SEER with new Duct work, and we removed ~15 year old system. (Nothing fancy for the conspiracy theories/ wild assumptions around EcoZapp )

We understand many only focus on the bottom line, but with our financing options we can offer much better options on equipment. It's in investment in your home, it's not just a number on a spreadsheet.

Higher SEER ratings = Less Emissions! College Station is wayy behind the times on Energy Efficiency unfortunately Kinda sad due to do having A&M here and so many people with higher degrees.

Not all homeowners are concerned only about their pocketbooks and many buy better equipment for different reasons. Most HVAC contractors/techs in College Station are not trained for these nor offer these Higher SEER systems to start with..

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
That was a great post I believe, to learn more hit our Facebook or website
https://www.ecozapphvac.com/
https://www.facebook.com/EcoZapphome/

InMyOpinion
Eco,

You've mentioned a couple times about the "redesigned" of the duct work. I watched the very short clip you posted but not clear on what you are doing that is different.
BrazosDog02
AG
InMyOpinion said:

Eco,

You've mentioned a couple times about the "redesigned" of the duct work. I watched the very short clip you posted but not clear on what you are doing that is different.

Not to belittle their work, but their redesign is probably proper installation or correction of whatever the last contractor did. Flex, tight turns, droopy runs, undersized ducts, not enough ducts, plenum design, etc. piss poor plenum and duct work will ruin even the best equipment.
Ulrich
If you didn't sell or install the system, why are you bragging about it on texags?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Ulrich said:

If you didn't sell or install the system, why are you bragging about it on texags?
umm... I acknowledge you're trying to sling a little mud here... But do realize we have a team which sales, installs, services etc..

I didn't personally sell it or install it - our team did , so I couldn't answer the exact details of the question being asked

BCStalk
Some suggestions even though this thread has really been an enjoyment reading.

1) Hire someone to handle your social media accounts.

2) Quit running your mouth on TexAgs, it's not good for business.

3) Understand that there are people out there who are far more familiar with HVAC. Don't start an argument with these people.

4) Hire someone to handle your social media accounts.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
BCStalk said:

Some suggestions even though this thread has really been an enjoyment reading.

1) Hire someone to handle your social media accounts.

2) Quit running your mouth on TexAgs, it's not good for business.

3) Understand that there are people out there who are far more familiar with HVAC. Don't start an argument with these people.

4) Hire someone to handle your social media accounts.

Sir your enjoyment on reading these is what matters most. I'm not sure a social media person could accomplish the same results. They would probably care wayy more about spelling and grammar, truth be told..
BCStalk
Well that's fine I guess. I just had a service done recently by someone that everyone here recommended. That company was not yours obviously. You can have the most professional technicians on your team, but the way you act here guarantees that I will never be giving you a call. I honestly do wish you would smart up because I truly believe in small local business succeeding. I like the idea of my money staying in my town.
pants
If you want any more unsolicited advice, I'd say that I'm also someone who will sometimes choose (or not choose) to shop at a local business simply because of the way they present themselves. The behavior of (presumably) ecozapp employees on this website has pretty much guaranteed I'll never spend my money there.

If you disagree with a competitor's methods, it's a better idea to quietly outdo them with your actions than it is to publicly denounce them.
Ulrich
I'm not trying to sling mud, I'm trying to pin you down on a straight answer to a question. "My team did it" is not a valid reason to know nothing about the example you hand-picked to post here.
AggieDarlin
AG
If I was a competitor, I'd want him to keep running his mouth. More business for me.

Other companies aren't shaking in their boots. They're laughing their rearends off.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Ulrich said:

I'm not trying to sling mud, I'm trying to pin you down on a straight answer to a question. "My team did it" is not a valid reason to know nothing about the example you hand-picked to post here.
Calm down a little bit there. We replaced a system and a customer showed us the usage report and we posted it on here. I don't have the ROI handy under my pillow

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.