Is it ok if we cut Energy Bills in ... Half?

24,643 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
halibut sinclair said:

Ok - if that humidity level is acceptable to you, then there's another reason to never use your company.

Can we all get a resume of your expert knowledge in the HVAC field? and how you can make as beneficial impact for the price point / time/ effort that our service took?

Because that's a pretty lame comment. We made the system better in all of 5 mins to drop humidity, yet your old grumpy self still needs to find a way to grip about something.

Your comments are becoming one of the cheapest commodities on this forum.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
TexasAggie_02 said:

FWIW, they apparently put the magic juice in the TexAgs office. This vid is from 12months ago, would be interested to see how they are doing 1 year later

https://www.facebook.com/EcoZapphome/videos/268832786855190/

Any MODS sitting in the office under a blanket in the middle of summer?
BCStalk
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

halibut sinclair said:

Ok - if that humidity level is acceptable to you, then there's another reason to never use your company.

Can we all get a resume of your expert knowledge in the HVAC field? and how you can make as beneficial impact for the price point / time/ effort that our service took?

Because that's a pretty lame comment. We made the system better in all of 5 mins to drop humidity, yet your old grumpy self still needs to find a way to grip about something.

Forgive me for being one of those old guys but would this be what kids call "throwing shade"?
halibut sinclair

halibut sinclair said:

And you still don't offer any sort of substantial answers to any questions asked of you. Help us old idiots understand. Please tell me how 70% humidity in my house in the summer with the a/c running is a good thing? As a homeowner for 25 years, I do have a little knowledge of how an HVAC system should work.

I think you have the market cornered on cheap and worthless comments on this forum.
BCStalk
Can we just end this thread already. MyBCS/TexAgs Aggieland users use REAL companies. There is no voodoo juice to sell here. We older guys are not dumb.

Marco....The smart ones already know
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Umm.. the great thing about a message board in that you can scroll up or hit the back page and see exactly what I said.

I don't recall saying 70% humidity is a good or bad thing. We simply decreased the humidity from an A/C system which wasn't working the best to begin with.

When I see your posts trying to put words in my mouth ( or text on the page) or picking out one possible bad thing to some degree, I think of this clip

I hope someone gets a chuckle from this... .
halibut sinclair
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.A said:

I don't recall saying 70% humidity is a good or bad thing. We simply decreased the humidity from an A/C system which wasn't working the best to begin with

I hope someone gets a chuckle from this... .
Exactly the point - you never answer questions with any facts. I do get a chuckle from you, because I'm thinking you'll be out of business in 5 years. I hope you prove me wrong.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
halibut sinclair said:

Exactly the point - you never answer questions with any facts. I do get a chuckle from you, because I'm thinking you'll be out of business in 5 years. I hope you prove me wrong.

Um.. In 5 years from now I'm fully 100% expecting our team to earn 5 more Aggie 100 awards, 5 more Bryan Rotary 10 awards, and 5 Inc. 5000 awards . ( and have all the bad grammar in the world along with it ). Criticize now, and we'll loop back around every year for a check-up

See, We think it's time for the A/C service industry to Evolve, and with that comes a Blue Ocean of opportunities. Especially when the A/C industry is stuck in the Yellow pages and very non-transparent.

We have zero desire to be a traditional HVAC company, because everyone knows what it's like to call the A/C guy when you have an issue. ( as is most service based needs)

Think of all the negative things associated with most service based companies, there are alot. We are simply taking those and fixing as many issues homeowners hate as fast as we can. I'm batting more for the homeowners than I am for the A/C industry. I have zero loyalty to the A/C industry and the way things have been done for decades and not worried about calling BS on many issues it ignores. ( Air purification, R-22 Phase out, Energy Efficiency , terrible $10,000 system installs , terrible/ as cheap as possible installs on new construction etc...)

You're critiquing me, yet feel free to ride along with one of my techs and follow up on the companies which have been around for decades and see what we see. I mean you have seen " To Catch .a Contractor" . right? I don't think we're a company that will be seen on that show (I think most on here reading this can agree on this one)

All of these are reasons why we have a goal of hiring 100 people to add to our team by the year 2020 ( and one can apply on our website www.ecozapphvac.com )
halibut sinclair
TLDR. Best of luck to you and I hope you have much success and grow up some over the next few years.
BCStalk
8000 views and 150 comments here, 5000 views and 100 comments on the Home Improvement board, yet I have still yet to see anyone going to bat for you. You want statistics? That means even if 20 people praised your work (they didn't so don't get excited), less than 1% of people would support your smoke and mirrors act. Please do my A/C guy a favor and keep this going, although he doesn't need it, I'm sure he appreciates it.
JP76
Got my July BTU bill in today

What are the odds that my AC electricity use is going to be $400-$600 from the 6 straight 100-108 high temp days we had ?
InMyOpinion

halibut sinclair said:

Eco,

I have limited knowledge of hvac which is why I asked you the following

"88% humidity seems bad. My house stays around 38-40% Did you just add the Artic blast or did you do anything else. There had to be something wrong with this system before adding The Artic Blast chemical - dirty coils, improper airflow or this family takes a bunch of long hot steamy showers"

Your the expert - seems like you would be better off answering legitimate questions instead of mocking others or discussing all your future awards.
JP76

"88% humidity seems bad. My house stays around 38-40% Did you just add the Artic blast or did you do anything else. There had to be something wrong with this system before adding The Artic Blast chemical - dirty coils, improper airflow or this family takes a bunch of long hot steamy showers"

Eco can you for once answer the simple questions ?

Or at least get your team to ?

dubi
AG
I know someone who signed up for the free AC promotion and did not win. Then they purchased a AC replacement from them. I'll have to keep apprised of their results.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Yes 88% is bad and even in the 70's isn't great. So yes, there are several other issues here in which we did not address. Just 2 oz of this special juice is all we were doing with this system.

Arctic Blast isn't a fix-it or isn't used in place of any type of repairs. Results from improving the efficiency and heat exchange of the refringent is the primary purpose of this product/ service. Car dealerships use this product, ( one labeled for automotive use not HVAC use, ex. MOC products sells this) to do the exact same.

As this fuss with HVAC guys on here is really about weather or not Arctic Blast is able to improve the heat exchange of refrigerant by "X" amount. The results we typically see on r-22 systems is a 7-10 degree drop and ~15% change in humidity. Some systems show better results than others for a dozen potential reasons. R-410a systems may take up to a week ( due to the pressures of R-410a refringent being higher in the system).

Newer systems often show much less change in efficiency due to the fact they're 1. R-410a 2. Still have close to their original SEER rating . and 3. Many have TXV values.

[ TXV values regulate the refringent and we'll see a bit of savings on the bill, but not a huge effect on the output air temp. ]

We were simply filming an Arctic Blast install for a quick in and out video to show the immediate results of our service on a house in College Station. Whatever results we achieved is what the camera caught after ~5-7 mins after 2 oz of the product was installed into the low pressure line.

Just a few Aggies making A/C systems more Efficient and improving the comfort of the home .

JP76

Yes 88% is bad and even in the 70's isn't great. So yes, there are several other issues here in which we did not address. Just 2 oz of this special juice is all we were doing with this system.

Arctic Blast isn't a fix-it or isn't used in place of any type of repairs. Results from improving the efficiency and heat exchange of the refringent is the primary purpose of this product/ service. Car dealerships use this product, ( one labeled for automotive use not HVAC use, ex. MOC products sells this) to do the exact same.

As this fuss with HVAC guys on here is really about weather or not Arctic Blast is able to improve the heat exchange of refrigerant by "X" amount. The results we typically see on r-22 systems is a 7-10 degree drop and ~15% change in humidity. Some systems show better results than others for a dozen potential reasons. R-410a systems may take up to a week ( due to the pressures of R-410a refringent being higher in the system).

Newer systems often show much less change in efficiency due to the fact they're 1. R-410a 2. Still have close to their original SEER rating . and 3. Many have TXV values.

[ TXV values regulate the refringent and we'll see a bit of savings on the bill, but not a huge effect on the output air temp. ]

We were simply filming an Arctic Blast install for a quick in and out video to show the immediate results of our service on a house in College Station. Whatever results we achieved is what the camera caught after ~5-7 mins after 2 oz of the product was installed into the low pressure line.

Just a few Aggies making A/C systems more Efficient and improving the comfort of the home .

On this house what was the inside temperature before yall added the treatment?

And how old was the system ?

Where do you see the best increases from the additive at in terms of unit age ?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Assumably 73-75ish degrees, as are most houses during the day in the Summer months. Temp reading of the vent is what the video showed it was.

Overall it felt about like you would expect about any other house usually feels like during the day. It was reasonably hot and sunny outside, so overall just being inside and not in an attic feels wonderful. So I guess the temperature in the house was somewhere between normal and wonderful. So lets say it could be possible it was maybe 72 to maybe 76 degrees on the inside just to be safe.

Assumably, ~10 years old based of prior knowledge of the area.

I can even even tell you the name of the builder based solely on the type of wood used in the living room.

I can probably even guess about what place this builder likely placed in the Annual HBA Golf Tournament.

If I try really hard I could probably even tell you what booth number the builder is usually in for the Annual B/CS Home and Garden Show. The one in which EcoZapp A/C Efficiency was the Title Sponsor of in 2018, will be again in 2019, Premium sponsor for 2 years before that and over-all have been attending since 2013.

I could even give you driving directions to the manufacturing facility the equipment was made at, and if you wanted, I invite you to join the entire EcoZapp staff and advisors in September to go tour the new facility. I guess really anyone on TexAgs can come, I'll just ask Goodman to pay for it. Goodman build that huge facility on 290 which employs several thousand ppl. ( Brand debate on equipment is like 4th graders arguing over Ford vs. Chevy btw..- No HVAC guy likes to admit that) The facility is impressive and we try to make an effort to touch the manufacturing process at least once a year. You know, to say we actually know who makes our equipment and to not just take ppl's advise on message boards on which equipment is better than others..

Oh man, see this is where this get fun. Anything with R-22 BAM!!, instant drop of 7-10 degrees on most days.
Older the system- usually the better (especially without any kids pushing all those fins on the condenser down , and relevantly not full of decades worth of cats hair in the coils)- but hey, it's kinda random because it only really makes the freon more efficient, anything beyond that is a variable.

Once did a system last year, Tech was outside performing the service, and the homeowner inside was writing us a check at the exact same time. Think of this as a race... and go......
By the time the check was finished, the homeowner knew and felt the difference from ~15 feet from the nearest vent. How cool is that ?!
- That system was ~15 years old, R-22 and even had a fire ant mound on the side of it. I had a license to kill issued by the Great State of Texas, AND bug juice handy at all times back then. So those fire ants didn't make it that day to enjoy that now colder low pressure line with more moisture on it now.

But that compressor is still running and pumping cold air into that house like it's 2003 and like it still has a shiny SEER rating sticker still intact.

Luckily there's two type of Refrigerant R-22 and R-410a, whatever effect occurs from making either refringent more efficient is, is out of our control beyond this exact service. So the question doesn't really matter all that much if all we're doing in making the Freon more efficient

I gave you a lot of ammo here JP76 and posted the video again below for your convenience - stew on a comment back to me, and lets see it tomorrow morning

saltydog13
AG
With the supply vent reading at only 67 degrees, that means there was something wrong with the unit correct?
JP76

Assumably 73-75ish degrees, as are most houses during the day in the Summer months. Temp reading of the vent is what the video showed it was.

Overall it felt about like you would expect about any other house usually feels like during the day. It was reasonably hot and sunny outside, so overall just being inside and not in an attic feels wonderful. So I guess the temperature in the house was somewhere between normal and wonderful. So lets say it could be possible it was maybe 72 to maybe 76 degrees on the inside just to be safe.

Assumably, ~10 years old based of prior knowledge of the area.

I can even even tell you the name of the builder based solely on the type of wood used in the living room.

I can probably even guess about what place this builder likely placed in the Annual HBA Golf Tournament.

If I try really hard I could probably even tell you what booth number the builder is usually in for the Annual B/CS Home and Garden Show. The one in which EcoZapp A/C Efficiency was the Title Sponsor of in 2018, will be again in 2019, Premium sponsor for 2 years before that and over-all have been attending since 2013.

I could even give you driving directions to the manufacturing facility the equipment was made at, and if you wanted, I invite you to join the entire EcoZapp staff and advisors in September to go tour the new facility. I guess really anyone on TexAgs can come, I'll just ask Goodman to pay for it. Goodman build that huge facility on 290 which employs several thousand ppl. ( Brand debate on equipment is like 4th graders arguing over Ford vs. Chevy btw..- No HVAC guy likes to admit that) The facility is impressive and we try to make an effort to touch the manufacturing process at least once a year. You know, to say we actually know who makes our equipment and to not just take ppl's advise on message boards on which equipment is better than others..

Oh man, see this is where this get fun. Anything with R-22 BAM!!, instant drop of 7-10 degrees on most days.
Older the system- usually the better (especially without any kids pushing all those fins on the condenser down , and relevantly not full of decades worth of cats hair in the coils)- but hey, it's kinda random because it only really makes the freon more efficient, anything beyond that is a variable.

Once did a system last year, Tech was outside performing the service, and the homeowner inside was writing us a check at the exact same time. Think of this as a race... and go......
By the time the check was finished, the homeowner knew and felt the difference from ~15 feet from the nearest vent. How cool is that ?!
- That system was ~15 years old, R-22 and even had a fire ant mound on the side of it. I had a license to kill issued by the Great State of Texas, AND bug juice handy at all times back then. So those fire ants didn't make it that day to enjoy that now colder low pressure line with more moisture on it now.

But that compressor is still running and pumping cold air into that house like it's 2003 and like it still has a shiny SEER rating sticker still intact.

Luckily there's two type of Refrigerant R-22 and R-410a, whatever effect occurs from making either refringent more efficient is, is out of our control beyond this exact service. So the question doesn't really matter all that much if all we're doing in making the Freon more efficient

I gave you a lot of ammo here JP76 and posted the video again below for your convenience - stew on a comment back to me, and lets see it tomorrow morning

Thanks for the answers.

My last question is

Did your company attempt to fix the underlying problem(s) causing such poor delta T on this system before just adding the supplement ?

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
My last question is

Did your company attempt to fix the underlying problem(s) causing such poor delta T on this system before just adding the supplement ?

Negative - I believe someone poked a head into the attic to check for a TXV value and then we just pumped in the juice!!

Otherwise we would of had a great video about how great our Techs are at diagnosing a system and then fixing said system- versus a video about just Arctic Blast. And we have some Really Great techs as well, who constantly get 5 star reviews on our follow up system and on review based websites. - but today was just Arctic Blast besides our Facebook live stream of info on air filters we did around 8:30 a.m.

See we hire our guys telling them we're going to invest in their training and will encourage everyone ( even the office staff) to become licensed contractors. Think of it, an office full of licensed contractors... ( Licensed HVAC contractors have the ability to start their own businesses, open new locations, increase salary and decrease back pain) Over-all we're hiring and have a desire to hire a lot of experienced and talented HVAC guys who will "Take the Test" and become licensed HVAC contractors . {{ HVAC business owners inform us that this is the dumbest of things we're trying to do in their opinions.}} Thats one way how we're pushing EcoZapp to Evolve the A/C industry just a tiny bit to start with in our market .

So over-all no intention to do anything other than Arctic Blast for this scientific video in which we've been filming these for over a year now to document our results.

I think our next BIG goal is to find a "rather small" Texas town ( we're still like tiny start-up unfortunately .... ) , and give it to the whole city for free. - this would lower the Gross Energy Consumption of an entire town a 'few tiny percentage points' - This is where those Elon Musk books pay off. Btw- Arctic Blast in a Tesla makes a Tesla go further on the same charge

Some asked about the TexAgs video ~ 1 year ago now , we also did a bunch for Still Creek Ranch and I haven't had any e-mails about compressors exploding - nor have we had any other e-mails with something exploding.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Side note:

Before we do anything too big, we'll probably at least give away x amount on TexAgs over the month of August or September along with our 4 new systems ( 2 to Harvey Impacted homes). I was thinking some of the users who don't post, or are curious about EcoZapp might want to jump in for comment.

Wouldn't it be fun to prove the HVAC experts just a tiny bit wrong about something crazy beneficial like the services we're building and improving every day? - That would be fun
BCStalk

You are out of your league kiddo
BCStalk
But seriously, it has been fun. Since my experience is with other companies, why not just advertise that you are an up and coming company who is trying something new? Attacking "old white guys" who have been in the industry for decades is not good marketing. There are actually a lot of end users like myself that know enough about HVAC systems to be leery of what you are trying to sell. The majority of consumers would rather have a professional company who's main objective is to find and fix the underlying issues rather than patch it with magic juice. Instead of being smirk, perhaps try to act professional yourself. I would honestly have no issues giving a new company a shot at repairing or replacing systems, but you are not giving anyone here a warm and fuzzy feeling about your companies capabilities. I hope you seriously consider stopping while you are still in a position to mend the negative reactions you have received from both topics you have started.

Just my honest opinion.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
The threads would of died a tragic death on page one.

More fun this way
halibut sinclair
*would HAVE
BrazosDog02
AG
The 290 facility is Daikin, not Goodman. Sorry to be anal but I will buy Daikin all day long but not take Goodman for free. Ok maybe free...but there better be some other incentives.

I do agree with you using their equipment. It's solid and having had trane, ruud, and Lennox equipment, I personally prefer and own Daikin high efficiency equipment. I gave it a go knowing that I have a 12 year parts replacement and labor warranty and I can literally source parts just down the road.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
So, here's what Arctic Blast looks like for your car/truck. We documented this video last Saturday in College Station on a very hot car dealership parking lot.
Enjoy
JP76

So, here's what Arctic Blast looks like for your car/truck. We documented this video last Saturday in College Station on a very hot car dealership parking lot.
Enjoy

You do understand the correlation between system run time and temperature output?

If the coldest the temp on a 410A system you were getting after running 5 minutes was only 61 degrees before the additive you have either a low charge, poor airflow or a refrigerant restriction somewhere in the system.

JP76
Expert Analysis said:

Here are some real world numbers:
3100 sqft home
3.5 and 1.5 ton 15 SEER heat pumps both 7 years old
I am pretty conservative, most bulbs in the house are LED, AC and heat are generally set to the edge of comfortable levels.
Between 8/2/17 and 7/9/18 my total electrical costs with tax on rural BTU are $1072.

A $600 dollar electric bill is one of 3 things. A lie, an unintelligent homeowner, or a huge house. None of which should be part of a sales pitch or included as evidence to support any kind of argument.

I had previously mentioned the 14 SEER unit you posted about selling. Why did you not seller a higher SEER unit? You complain about other people who are not sold on the advantages of higher SEER units, while at the same time you are on here bragging about a 14 SEER unit you sold...

And the August numbers are in

Hold onto your seats as I will soon post real world electrical usage from 4 BCS Cental AC systems ranging in age from 2 months old to 20 years for the month of July.

How many will be be in the $400-$600 range from AC electrical use only ?

Will the total AC electrical usage of 2 units equal $400--$600?

Will the total AC electrical usage of all 4 units combined equal $600?

Place your bets
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Maybe it was on a Sizzling HOT car dealership's parking lot.

Think about how well they work not sitting on a parking lot in the middle of Summer in College Station.
jenjc
AG
I wish ecozap would have stuck with pest control. When they sold out to ABC we had to shop for another option.
removed-180810
I notice how you like to remind everyone you are young innovative and cutting edge. Who designs the improved ductwork. You who are never in your videos, the 'old' guys are are in your videos. The young sales guy who a short time ago was door knocking pest, or and hear me out, are you all hat and no cattle? Do you personally in your name have an HVAC license? Have you passed that test?
Macho Man Randy Savage is my patronus
saltydog13
AG
After all this, why anyone would use them is beyond me.
Oogway
All you need to do for that is to visit
tdlr.texas.gov and insert an individual's name and select Brazos County, or just select the county to see a lot of names. Or just insert the name and leave everything else blank.

It's one of those government agencies that we pay for so might as well use it.

Edit- you can just use the last name, don't need the first.
JP76
EgoZapp.doesnt.know.HVAC said:

I notice how you like to remind everyone you are young innovative and cutting edge. Who designs the improved ductwork. You who are never in your videos, the 'old' guys are are in your videos. The young sales guy who a short time ago was door knocking pest, or and hear me out, are you all hat and no cattle? Do you personally in your name have an HVAC license? Have you passed that test?

Interesting find

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.