Is it ok if we cut Energy Bills in ... Half?

24,775 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm to lazy to look back, so what is EgoZapp's name?
Oogway
Zapalac?
removed-180810
There is no Zapalac with an active or expired ac liscence in Brazos county. There are three tech liscences with that name. In Ft Bend Brazoria and Montgomery Co. The liscense under Exozapp is listed to a Mitchell Smith.
Macho Man Randy Savage is my patronus
tu ag
AG
I haven't posted in years. I was one of the original TexAg members when they first started. In fact, I am part of the cause of the R&P board being created (before they went crazy).

I have come out of lurking to post this.

EcoZapp - you need to shut this thread down. I entered your contest before I saw this thread. Then I read it. Just got a call from one of your sales reps trying to schedule a free inspection. I told him to never contact me again. You have shown your character in this thread and I will have nothing to do with your company.
Ever.
I asked them to remove my name from the contest list. I wouldn't accept a free system from you guys at this point.

The only reason I am posting at this point is to let you know what a terrible job you are doing communicating for your company on this thread. Dude, seriously. Just stop. Please.
Gary79Ag
AG
EgoZapp.doesnt.know.HVAC said:

There is no Zapalac with an active or expired ac liscence in Brazos county. There are three tech liscences with that name. In Ft Bend Brazoria and Montgomery Co. The liscense under Exozapp is listed to a Mitchell Smith.
For clarification purposes...did you look him up as Exozapp, as shown above, or Ecozapp?
BrazosDog02
AG
Hmmm...you wouldn't take a free system? Wierd.

Anyway, it would be nice if SOMEONE took the free system and posted a report of said system, install, procedures, quality.
JP76
BrazosDog02 said:

Hmmm...you wouldn't take a free system? Wierd.

Anyway, it would be nice if SOMEONE took the free system and posted a report of said system, install, procedures, quality.

It's a free Goodman

Can't even give them away

And once you enter the contest it seems they cold call you for "free inspections" according to the poster above

Hopefully eco will respond rationally so everyone knows what is really going on.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
JP76 said:

It's a free Goodman

And once you enter the contest it seems they cold call you for "free inspections" according to the poster above

Hopefully eco will respond rationally so everyone knows what is really going on.

We've cut most of our traditional marketing budget, and are giving away more free A/C Systems to our followers on Social Media this Summer.

Free Systems to people who need one > Yellowpage / radio/ tv/ newspaper marketing dollars .

We also carry a handful of brand names. ( Goodman, which you don't like, is the HVAC manufacture outside of Houston which gives jobs for several thousand ppl in the same area ecozapp is in) Huge Building on the side of 290 - can't miss it.

We're running a Social media contest to give away 4 Free A/C Systems
- you know, in an attempted to get a "like" or a new "follower" who might also follow the content we're posting around the HVAC industry.

HVAC companies can be very boring things- We're just excited we got some ppl stirred up over a new Start-up Company. 10,000 views guys!

removed-180810
That was autocorrect. I looked up Ecozap and Zapalac. Also searched license number from their website.
Macho Man Randy Savage is my patronus
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers

That was autocorrect. I looked up Ecozap and Zapalac. Also searched license number from their website.
um... it's on everything and you're getting a little weird now.

ukbb2003

Notice how he skirted the question about having a license. That's because the lisence holder for the company, Mitchell Smith, no longer works for them.
BCStalk
So which one of these kids has their HVAC license?
ATM9000
AG
I am admittedly super rusty on electrical math....

But just from a load capacity standpoint on a standard breaker box.., your house is burning down a hell of a lot earlier than you will reach a $4-600 monthly electricity bill assuming you are locked into a good fixed rate etc.
Oogway
If what the poster above stated is true, it's problematic because in Texas I believe only the licensed contractor is allowed to advertise services not the technicians. The contractor has stricter licensing requirements whereas the technician just has to register (unless they want to be certified). At least if I understand it correctly.

Edit to add- it isn't 'weird' to practice due diligence prior to spending large sums of money on equipment; it's a good thing to do. Reputation and character mean a lot to some people before they will do business with a company.

I guess bad pr is better than no pr?
BrazosDog02
AG
Ah. They are making up the Goodman costs on the nano particles and high dollar installs and then giving away "free" cheapies?
The Brazos Kid
Kinda sorta been following along for the good, the bad and the ugly.

That being said, as I am a video producer somewhat in tune with current marketing trends, EcoZapp is EVERYWHERE all over social media killing it with video content.

Good, bad or indifferent, this is how local businesses can generate top of mind awareness. I see their content as well as Casa Do Brasil, Bear X and Stella Cafe everyday online. Kill them with content.

Just an observation. And on that, I'll step away and allow this thread to continue.

All the best,
Tex
JP76
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

JP76 said:

It's a free Goodman

We've cut most of our traditional marketing budget, and are giving away more free A/C Systems to our followers on Social Media this Summer.

Free Systems to people who need one > Yellowpage / radio/ tv/ newspaper marketing dollars .

We also carry a handful of brand names. ( Goodman, which you don't like, is the HVAC manufacture outside of Houston which gives jobs for several thousand ppl in the same area ecozapp is in) Huge Building on the side of 290 - can't miss it.

- you know, in an attempted to get a "like" or a new "follower" who might also follow the content we're posting around the HVAC industry.

HVAC companies can be very boring things- We're just excited we got some ppl stirred up over a new Start-up Company. 10,000 views guys!

What is Mr Smith's position in Ecozapp?
ukbb2003
JP76 said:

EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

JP76 said:

It's a free Goodman

What WAS Mr Smith's position in Ecozapp?

Fify
TexasTransplant13
I have no skin in this game. And, honestly, I just check in to see how this train wreck of a thread is progressing. But as a professional in the communication industry, I HIGHLY recommend that you take the advice of the people on here telling you to stop.

I can promise you that engaging with folks that are trying to get a rise out of you will only dissuade people who might be interested in your product from contacting you. If your product is as good as you say it is, happy customers will tell their friends and family, and those satisfied patrons of your business will go to bat for you on sites like TexAgs, so you don't have to. And that is the best possible scenario.

If you have valuable information to share with the public, do it in a professional manner, and don't dance around their original question. Let the skeptics have a genuine opportunity to learn why your product isn't "snake oil", as so many believe.

You are damaging your credibility by continuing to post snarky remarks. You are embarrassing your company by feeding into this thread. And you are making it obvious that anyone who becomes a customer of your business can expect the same treatment from your staff.

Again, please take the advice of these people, and leave PR to the folks who know how to do it correctly.

Best of luck, EcoZapp!
BrazosDog02
AG
How does licensing work? Does only the owner require a license or do all of the techs as well?
CharlieMac
Free advice Ecozap.. Stop posting.
Lay low.
Reinvent yourself.
Live a much happier life.
halibut sinclair
Okenstradingpost
This is interesting to me as well.
cslifer
It is strange how quiet he got when people started bringing up licenses....
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
cslifer said:

It is strange how quiet he got when people started bringing up licenses....
if I told you I was waiting on video to respond with, would you believe me?....

- In Texas you must have a Licensed Contractor employed under any business performing HVAC work. Similar to Pest, Plumbing, Electrical, etc..
We have one for HVAC , and we would like to add on a plumbers' and electrical in the near future just to help with installs.

BCStalk
Magic Juice, Drano, and Electrical tape....I need to be a contractor if it's that easy.
Whoop Delecto
AG
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers

Good afternoon!

I look at SEER rating as something the government has control over, and is used to determine benchmarks and regulations. It's printed on the label on your system, and if installed correctly should perform at that standard. Every other variable in life will lessen the Efficiency of your system (A/C, ducts, Air Flow, Filters, Sun hitting the unit Etc..) At best expect 1-1.5% decrease in SEER every year.

My education about HVAC came from A&M via Architecture classes concerning Green/ Energy Efficient buildings - I'm sure the Department of Energy has info addressing this ( but there is such a lack of data around HVAC, most of the manufactures don't know/ don't care themselves)

To say a 15 year old system which started at a 12 SEER is now say ~7 SEER , it's probably not too far off (depending on how well it was kept/ filter changed/ no leaks etc..)
One example of a variable : If a system has a small leak the SEER rating will be impacted ( as the unit isn't going to cool efficiently and 15 year old systems usually have several tiny leaks to some degree)

If a 14 SEER was installed perfect it would be at a 14 SEER day one. If a 14 SEER wasn't installed perfect, it's starting out at <14 SEER day one. (Attic's are hot and many companies have no QA processes to check work)

We try to recommend 16 SEER and up ( and just know it's going to go down by some degree over x years), But now the question is becoming more of Single Stage vs. 2-stage vs. Inverter Systems. This is where some innovation in the HVAC industry can be found.

I think I may have answered the question, if not, feel free to call the office at 833.924.6100 or www.ecozapphvac.com

Pro Tip: To help keep your max SEER rating, If you put blue painters tap around your air filter and ''Tape" it into place, you'll have cleaner coils and your filter will filter ALL the air and keep those coils looking like new.
BCStalk
Quote:

Magic Juice, Drano, and Electrical tape....I need to be a contractor if it's that easy.

I need to add blue masking tape.

Pro tip: Quit posting on this thread and start over. This one is not helping you.

Edit: Not being a jerk, but if I was your marketing advisor, I would not want this thread to keep popping up everyday. You have constantly made bad choices here when posting. Take this as advice from someone with a lot more experience with customer relations, you are not helping your business.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
We are trying to have a real discussion about HVAC systems here sir, I'm not sure why you keep trying to give us advice on business and marketing.

BCStalk
You are seriously not sure?
UnderoosAg
AG
Because, good sir, you quite often appear to understand neither.

But since the discussion is SEER, how 'bout cha learn us the difference between SEER and EER?

Okenstradingpost
I am new here to this forum and to BCS. Our realtor said this is a great please to find info. After reading several posts about your company I have two questions. 1. If I call with an issue, are you sending a licensed tech to diagnose and repair, or a sales guy to offer a replacement to a system designed by y'all?
2. Is your business model repair/replace or to simply upgrade everything including ducting?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Okenstradingpost said:

I am new here to this forum and to BCS. Our realtor said this is a great please to find info. After reading several posts about your company I have two questions. 1. If I call with an issue, are you sending a licensed tech to diagnose and repair, or a sales guy to offer a replacement to a system designed by y'all?
2. Is your business model repair/replace or to simply upgrade everything including ducting?

Hey!- Welcome to Aggieland!

1. If you call with an issue we would send a licensed tech. We've been very fortunate with our techs which are licensed, and one even has a Masters in Engineering.
- If you call just wanting a new system, we would send a Comfort Advisor seen on our videos, which goes into more detail on the options , process for new installs, financing, QA, warranties etc..
- If you're not sure, we can send a guy who can do just about anything.

2. I wish everyone would change out their ductwork with a new system ( Ducts are too often nasty and inefficient, and duct cleaning isn't a great thing imo). Efficient air flow- makes bills lower and the home more comfortable. It's a health thing, and systems are usually financed anyways, so it's the best time to replace.

Our business model on replacements is to:
-Replace whats needed ( Condenser, Air Handler, Ducts etc..) This various with every job
-Upgrade various features ( thermostat, media filter, extra return vents, Air Purifiers etc)
-10 year Maintenance Agreement where we come back and tune-up/clean/ replace filters for your system.
- Our phone number in which we have been know for super quick response times for any issues for 6+ years now.

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Thanks to everyone from TexAgs who has entered our contest to win 1 of the next 4 free A/C systems!

We will be drawing the first winner tomorrow , so make sure to briefly check our page as the Winner will have only 72 hours to claim the prize before we draw again!

We try to make HVAC somewhat fun and here's a somewhat fun video of the last winner!

and if you want to enter real fast here's a link to do so !

https://www.ecozapphvac.com/uncategorized/ac-giveaway/
www.ecozapphvac.com
- check out our Air Purifiers for 2020 -

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.