Kreuz Market opens Monday February 2

46,106 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by originaltexan
BCStalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yup, it's open your own restaurant and provide forks. It's their tradition, end of story.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Yup, it's open your own restaurant and provide forks. It's their tradition, end of story.
Exactly. They have a right to not provide forks and sauce just as the negative nannies have the right to eat elsewhere.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
I wonder if people ok with Kreuz's "no forks" policy are similarly ok with places that don't offer free water, free soda refills, free kids' meals, and don't allow you to bring your own beverages in as a matter of policy?
BlueMiles
AG
It's been my tradition to eat with a fork.
dgonzo99
quote:
It's been my tradition to eat with a fork.
Have you said anything to the managers? I have been there 3 times, and they have always wanted my opinion about everything. I am sure they would be glad to here from you personally.
BlueMiles
AG
If I ever go, I will be sure to mention it.
BCStalk
So you have not been?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
So you have not been?
You don't have to actually visit a restaurant to gripe about it on MyBCS.
BlueMiles
AG
Stating that I usually eat with a fork is griping? No, I haven't been, but the reviews have prepared me for my first visit, and I'll know I should "bring my own fork" if that's how I'd like to eat.
FlyRod
So...do those of you who have issues re the lack of forks always use forks to eat things like apples? Oranges? Or any of the myriad things one normally uses one's fingers for?

Just curious...
BCStalk
I eat pizza with a fork and knife when I want to be elegant.
FlyRod
I always tackle my boiled crawfiish with teeny tiny little forks and knives!
BCStalk
Back to the topic of course. I went again this morning and overheard a worker telling another customer that they were more then welcome to bring they're own sauce and i would assume fork. Jalapeno cheese sausage was still top notch.
dgonzo99
quote:
You certainly get the award for the best comment of the day. Loved it!
ksp
Snickers bar with a fork and knife
biobioprof
quote:
Resisting the temptation to start a new thread asking where in town to get teeny tiny crawfish forks and knives in B/CS.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Resisting the temptation to start a new thread asking where in town to get teeny tiny crawfish forks and knives in B/CS.
You gotta admit, he does have a talent for derailing threads.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
I went again this morning and overheard a worker telling another customer that they were more then welcome to bring they're own sauce and i would assume fork.
Can I bring sausage from some place that doesn't drown it in grease?
Thisguy1
quote:
quote:
I went again this morning and overheard a worker telling another customer that they were more then welcome to bring they're own sauce and i would assume fork.
Can I bring sausage from some place that doesn't drown it in grease?

Wouldn't you just eat the sausage at that other establishment?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Tried to go tonight. Got there at 7. All they had left was sausage, ham, and chicken. Booooo. Will try again at some point I guess.
FlyRod
quote:
You gotta admit, he does have a talent for derailing threads.

The irony is thick enough to slice with one of Kreuz's plastic knives.
halibut sinclair
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Just ate there for the first time. Best bbq in town. I had no problem getting the food into my mouth without a fork.
Goose83
AG
Been there twice, and was even less impressed the second time than the first.

Back to Fargo's for me.
Thisguy1
quote:
Just ate there for the first time. Best bbq in town. I had no problem getting the food into my mouth without a fork.

But did you get the prime rib or a pork chop?

I personally don't mind if they don't want to serve forks, mainly because I only like the chicken and don't use a fork.

However, if you don't want to serve forks, then don't serve knives.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
If you don't like that they don't have forks don't go back. Whining and *****ing isn't going to change this aspect of their restaurant. Can't believe this is such a huge topic.
BCStalk
It's MYBCS. This is a very huge topic.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
If you don't like that they don't have forks don't go back. Whining and *****ing isn't going to change this aspect of their restaurant. Can't believe this is such a huge topic.
dgonzo99
Thisguy1
quote:

Isn't the point of this thread to discuss what people like and dislike about the restaurant? It seems like the main points have been:

-Greasy
-Brisket wasn't cut right (not sure if this was on this thread or from multiple others I've talked to).
-The obvious sauce and fork debate.

There's some that like things about it and some that don't. Outside of this thread, I've yet to find anyone go there and come away impressed after their first visit. I've gone back and tried the chicken and found it to be outstanding. Best I've had in town. I've gone back for lunch to have it again, but got it to-go.

I've now tried these with these thoughts:

Brisket-not cut right and nothing special on the taste. Greasy. Disclaimer should be I always use sauce with my brisket and don't really consider myself a brisket "expert".

Both sausages-greasy, but a good casing and good flavor

Chicken-outstanding. One time it's been a tad undercooked.

Ribs-nothing special. Way too much pepper.

Again, that is from my experiences, but like I said, from word of mouth, it seems to be getting a lot of "I don't think I'll go back".

I haven't checked the bar, but I've heard they are pretty steep on their beer prices. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Thisguy1
I want to try the turkey next. I've heard it's pretty good.
ksp
quote:
quote:

Isn't the point of this thread to discuss what people like and dislike about the restaurant? It seems like the main points have been:

-Greasy
-Brisket wasn't cut right (not sure if this was on this thread or from multiple others I've talked to).
-The obvious sauce and fork debate.

There's some that like things about it and some that don't. Outside of this thread, I've yet to find anyone go there and come away impressed after their first visit. I've gone back and tried the chicken and found it to be outstanding. Best I've had in town. I've gone back for lunch to have it again, but got it to-go.

I've now tried these with these thoughts:

Brisket-not cut right and nothing special on the taste. Greasy. Disclaimer should be I always use sauce with my brisket and don't really consider myself a brisket "expert".

Both sausages-greasy, but a good casing and good flavor

Chicken-outstanding. One time it's been a tad undercooked.

Ribs-nothing special. Way too much pepper.

Again, that is from my experiences, but like I said, from word of mouth, it seems to be getting a lot of "I don't think I'll go back".

I haven't checked the bar, but I've heard they are pretty steep on their beer prices. Can anyone confirm or deny?
To discuss yes, but to beat this horse until there is no more meat on the bones? There is two opinions on this thread 260 times. It is really good, or it blows and the fact they don't give you a fork makes it sucks worse. Not sure we can hash that any more than it has been hashed so far.surprised it is still going on. This thread is like the bill Murray movie " ground hog day"
Thisguy1
Completely understand, but people want their opinion to be heard. There are some people on here who have said it multiple times, but most of the posts are just people posting their thoughts after they tried it. The reason it's been said so many times is because so many people have issues with it.

It's new and something people haven't experienced before. Some people have no problem with it but obviously the majority aren't fans.
OnlyANobody
The majority of posters on the Aggieland forum of TexAgs is by no means a majority opinion for the area. It's not even close.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.