Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lab ate my Uncrustables

7,969 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by HtownAg92
MadDog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I left a couple of grape uncrustables on the kitchen counter to thaw and my lab ate them. First time she has ever done something like that. She is 5 years old and weighs 100 lbs. Should I be conerned?
big ben
AG
My lab ate a tube sock once, it came out three days later. I am no vet but the dog is probably fine
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Dog has a taste for blood, now. Username checks out. No coming back from this.

ETA - I didn't know dogs are allergic to grapes. We had a lab that ate a PBJ sandwich with no issue.
Gunny456
AG
I guess I'm a dumb ole country boy. What are grape uncrustables ? But I know dogs ain't supposed to eat grapes or raisins but God forgot to tell Labs that.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I have two labs and am 100% convinced Labrador is Latin for "Iron Stomach". They're the tiger sharks of land
RCR06
AG
Frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Uncrustables-Peanut-Butter-Grape-Jelly-Sandwich-10-Count-Pack/10849748
Gunny456
AG
Damn. They look good. Never heard of them. Thank you!
Tailgate88
AG
MadDog73 said:

I left a couple of grape uncrustables on the kitchen counter to thaw and my lab ate them. First time she has ever done something like that. She is 5 years old and weighs 100 lbs. Should I be conerned?

My 90lb (now) black Lab ate an entire package of hamburger buns when he was 1.5 years old. In the bag. He pooped the bag out two days later and never showed a single sign of distress

YMMV
beatlesphan
AG
My 12 lb Chihuahua ate an entire bag of fun size Snickers and the wrappers and was fine. Id venture to say your dog will be ok
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Shoefly!
AG
RCR06 said:

Frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Uncrustables-Peanut-Butter-Grape-Jelly-Sandwich-10-Count-Pack/10849748

Sammiches!
BabaAg
AG
Thanks for asking what they are Gunny
Tumble Weed
My Brittany ate $225 worth of Christmas Chocolates from Susie's south 40.

Chocolate didn't kill him and neither did my wife. He was a legend.
Shoefly!
AG
If you're concerned , with a turkey baster, shoot an ounce of peroxide down the throat. Just make sure you're outside.
Breggy Popup
AG
MadDog73 said:

Probably should be fine.

Quote:

Grapes and Raisins
What they do: Grapes and raisins cause vomiting 1 to 3 hours after ingestion, diarrhea, central nervous system depression, and eventually acute renal failure.

Toxic dose: The dose that can cause serious problems is 0.7 ounces per kilogram of grapes and 0.1 ounce per kilogram of raisins. This means that 3 grapes (or 3 raisins) could be fatal for a 2.5 pound puppy, and 12 grapes (or 12 to 15 raisins) could potentially kill a 10-pound animal. The toxic element is also present in grape stems.

Treatment: Consumption of grapes or grape-related food items usually requires us to induce vomiting and administer activated charcoal, and this toxicity can require hospitalization and fluid therapy for 24 to 48 hours.
giddings_ag_06
AG
My kid feeds my dog uncrustables just about daily. Some of y'all worry way too much… it's a dog. It's not Bubble Boy.
CS78
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Ii have two labs and am 100% convinced Labrador is Latin for "Iron Stomach". They're the tiger sharks of land

You obviously never owned a Chesapeake. Damn dog ate an entire chocolate cake and about 5lbs of HEB seasoned fajita meat. The owners of each were not very happy.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I have not. These are my first two labs and they have eaten so much crap as puppies. Better now but still find an occasional kids sock thrown up from time to time.
Baron von Bulsh
My weiner dog once ate a pizza and birthday cake that my weimaraners knocked off the kitchen counter. She got pancreatitis and died.

I'm sure you're fine though, my weims have eaten all kinds of ridiculous **** and never showed any ill effects.
OaklandAg06
AG
Going to go out on a limb here, but there is probably very little to no actual grape in a mass produced uncrustable. Just a sugary goo with some grape flavoring and food color.
Jason_Roofer
big ben said:

My lab ate a tube sock once, it came out three days later. I am no vet but the dog is probably fine

This bothers me. Why do we call them tube socks? Is that necessary? What other shape do socks come in? All of mine are definitely tubular.
big ben
AG
Meant knee/crew sock
C@LAg
Jason_Roofer said:

This bothers me. Why do we call them tube socks?
it's not the shape, but about how you use it.
DiskoTroop
I'd be concerned if I was an adult eating multiple uncrustables. Yes.
Jackrabbit Ag
AG
I just learned what an uncrustable is.

Whoop!!

Yesterday
AG
My wife packs these for the kids when we used to go hiking. She would pack one or two too many because she knew I liked them! They're a great cold snack on a hot day.
LOYAL AG
AG
Tailgate88 said:

MadDog73 said:

My 90lb (now) black Lab ate an entire package of hamburger buns when he was 1.5 years old. In the bag. He pooped the bag out two days later and never showed a single sign of distress

YMMV

You know my kids so you'll like this one. When Son of LOYAL AG was barely 15 he got his learners permit. He still had the temporary one when this story happened.

The day after Valentine's Day Daughter of LOYAL AG had a volleyball tournament in Round Rock. Just before we left at 5:30 that morning Daughter found the remains of Son's bag of chocolate truffles he'd gotten the day before. Son ate one, the 150 lb Great Dane ate the rest. There wasn't much we could do at 530 on a Saturday so we put him in his kennel to at least contain the mess and we left. I told Daughter he's a really big dog so other than getting the ****s he'll probably be ok.

Fast forward to noon and I get a call from a friend in San Antonio. His daughter was a vet tech at our vet and she had texted him saying something like, "hey, your friend is bringing in their dog. I just pulled his file." So randomly friend calls me and I say, "Uh, I'm in Round Rock…I gotta go!"

I call Son but get no answer. I call a neighbor and ask him to go to our house. Neighbor calls back and says the garage is open and my Jeep is gone. Oh ***** I call the vet and they tell me Son called them saying Comiskey had eaten a lot of chocolate and they told him he's a really big dog but that's a lot of chocolate and it was best to bring him in.

We live out by the river at the end of Koppe Bridge which connects to Hopes Creek via a gravel road. We used the vet at Wellborn and Rock Prairie and at that point Son was terrified of Wellborn Rd. Rock Prairie dead ends at Hopes Creek but it's called Blue Ridge out there and he didn't know that part. So he put the dog in my Jeep and set out to Rock Prairie but of course didn't find it. He eventually ended up at North Dowling and Holleman and decided to turn left which took him to what was then the Wendy's at Holleman and 2818. Once there he decided to map the vet which took him to 2818 and onto Wellborn. He got over his fear and they got there safely, thank God.

I had told Neighbor to drive to the vet because that's where Son was going. Son never did answer my call when he was driving and I was on the phone with the vet telling them to have him call me when finally Son walked in with the dog. Neighbor and his 16 year old son arrived a minute later and they drove my Jeep home. When they got back Neighbor called and said my son would call in a few minutes that he was hosing out the back of my Jeep. Thank God i had rhino linered the entire floor of that thing!

When we finally talked I asked Son why he didn't call me first and he said, "You were in Round Rock, what were you going to do?" Given that response I wasn't even mad. How many 15 year olds take that kind of action to solve a problem? Still one of our favorite stories from his childhood!
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Tailgate88
AG
Rhino liner for the win!
Baby Billy
AG
It would take a **** ton of grape jelly to harm a 100lb dog.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
My buddies dog ate a stack of cash, his girlfriends thong and a condom out the trash. It was hilarious watching him with a water hose spraying the **** in the yard waiting for $100 bills do come out.
RCR06
AG
Gunny456 said:

Damn. They look good. Never heard of them. Thank you!

They've been around for about 10 years, but if you don't have young kids or friends with young kids in my case. I can understand why you wouldn't have heard of them. They are good and very convenient for grab and go. I'm not a big peanut butter and jelly person, but will buy a box occasionally and keep in the freezer. A box of six(or eight) might be in my freezer for 3 or 4 months.
WestGalvestonAggie
With labs, unless it's a huge stack of straight up poison, I don't worry too much about what they eat. They are ALL culinary idiots.
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
McInnis
AG
I think the 100 lbs is more of a risk to her than the grapes. I know there's a few big boned labs that can carry 100 lbs on their frame safely. But not many, and even fewer females. Can you feel her ribs?
Gunny456
AG
Roger that. I used to get Smuckers Jelly's all the time and it was good products. We don't have kids and I'm an old so there ya go. Looks like they are a better version of " Pop Tarts".
I am going to get some now. Thanks.
Hope the dog is ok.
Gunny456
AG
Roger on that. We have one of AgVet's labs and he is a big boy like his dad. Last vet check he was 102. Vet said he needs to be on a diet and in the high 80's.max.
Independence H-D
The list of crap my basset hound ate. No particular order.

Socks (many)
Pantyhose
Diapers
Chewed up a bottle of Aleve.
Tube of baking soda and peroxide toothpaste
Metal tube of triple antibiotic
Pan of brownies (on the counter, no idea how he got them)
Underwear
Corn dog with stick

I'm certain I have forgotten some
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.