Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lab ate my Uncrustables

8,033 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by HtownAg92
gtb66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are you ten?
MouthBQ98
AG
Jelly doesn't have enough grape to harm a dog from what I can tell. Even a whole jar is probably tolerable for big dogs. Their sensitivity to the toxic affect is highly variable though,

One of my favorite memories from one of our collies was the wife was upstairs and yelled dien requesting a PBJ for lunch. I made one and left it on a plate on the bar, and went to ask her a question about if she wants me to bring it up by yelling up the stairway, as I am doing so, I look down and one of our collies trots past with the PBJ in his mouth, tail wagging. Never mind….,

I had to go make another. Dog was fine.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Tumble Weed: LOVE Susie's toffee!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
OnlyForNow
AG
I don't know is for certain, but I am thinking that grape jelly is probably pasteurized, and therefore probably not a real concern for the dog.

But I don't know that for a fact. Certainly don't feed the dog grapes. I've fed our dog PB&J quite a few times, honestly not ever thinking about not being able to feed them grapes.
Rexter
Our boxer mutt will eat anything that doesn't eat her first, and it's never bothered her...suck as a large chocolate chip cookie cake, a shareable bag of M&Ms, about a pound of grapes, all kinds of other fruit. Doesn't affect her at all.
44mAG
AG
Were the plastic wrappers off? If so, I think you're fine.
oklaunion
My Aussie passed an intact popsicle stick after thieving it from a kid.
P.U.T.U
AG
My dog has eaten entire chocolate cakes and been fine, moved around a little sluggish for the rest of the day but he has an iron stomach. 70 pound Australian shepherd mix
Fenrir
Breggy Popup said:

MadDog73 said:

I left a couple of grape uncrustables on the kitchen counter to thaw and my lab ate them. First time she has ever done something like that. She is 5 years old and weighs 100 lbs. Should I be conerned?

Probably should be fine.

Quote:

Grapes and Raisins
What they do: Grapes and raisins cause vomiting 1 to 3 hours after ingestion, diarrhea, central nervous system depression, and eventually acute renal failure.

Toxic dose: The dose that can cause serious problems is 0.7 ounces per kilogram of grapes and 0.1 ounce per kilogram of raisins. This means that 3 grapes (or 3 raisins) could be fatal for a 2.5 pound puppy, and 12 grapes (or 12 to 15 raisins) could potentially kill a 10-pound animal. The toxic element is also present in grape stems.

Treatment: Consumption of grapes or grape-related food items usually requires us to induce vomiting and administer activated charcoal, and this toxicity can require hospitalization and fluid therapy for 24 to 48 hours.

Honestly this is good info. A dog the size of OP's could eat an entire jar of jelly and probably be just fine as I doubt there is the equivalent of 120 grapes in a jar of jelly.
aftershock
I normally blame the dog when I snag an unsupervised Uncrustable off the counter. They're a solid snack.
carl spacklers hat
C@LAg said:

Jason_Roofer said:

This bothers me. Why do we call them tube socks?
it's not the shape, but about how you use it.
Bet you have a bunch of singles, don't you? j/s
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
NoahAg
I'd get a new dog if that punk ate my Uncrustables! Those are delicious!
TacosaurusRex
Gunny456 said:

Roger that. I used to get Smuckers Jelly's all the time and it was good products. We don't have kids and I'm an old so there ya go. Looks like they are a better version of " Pop Tarts".
I am going to get some now. Thanks.
Hope the dog is ok.

Throw them in the air fryer or toaster and you can get the same pop tart affect but better.
DiskoTroop
Came across this today and figure some of y'all might be interested. I'd be lying if I said it didn't pique my interest too…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8E5IvOpldZ/?igsh=aWN5MzU3Nzh6ZHgx
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I was really hoping "uncrustables " was a new kind of underwear.
HarryJ33tamu
My buddy's old lab (her name was Aggie) ate 2lbs of fudge of the counter one time. 3 days later she managed to open a cooler and ate about 2/3 of a 12 lb brisket. Neither seemed to phase her
Bassfishin17
AG
I have an Aussie and a lab they both eat weird ****. My Aussie only eats my kids pacifiers, socks, and pants. We bought 20 pacifiers and were down to three in a week and found every one of them scooping the yard. I get one pair of shorts a week that come out like a wrapped tortilla. My lab loves crawfish heads and I boiled 260 lbs at the house in college and people thought it was funny to feed her the heads and it came out both ends all night. She also eats the remains of filleted fish like it's the best thing since sliced bread and she's fine. Can't get her to eat anything with medicine in it though.
maroon barchetta
Tailgate88 said:

MadDog73 said:

I left a couple of grape uncrustables on the kitchen counter to thaw and my lab ate them. First time she has ever done something like that. She is 5 years old and weighs 100 lbs. Should I be conerned?

My 90lb (now) black Lab ate an entire package of hamburger buns when he was 1.5 years old. In the bag. He pooped the bag out two days later and never showed a single sign of distress

YMMV

I think my son was watching your house when he did that. Unless it happened another time.
Tailgate88
AG
This was while we were home but I have no doubt something similar happened while he was house sitting.
maroon barchetta
Tailgate88 said:

This was while we were home but I have no doubt something similar happened while he was house sitting.

I know he stole a package of something off the table once while he was house and pet sitting. That dog is quick!
JeremiahJohnson
AG
JeremiahJohnson said:

My buddies dog ate a stack of cash, his girlfriends thong and a condom out the trash. It was hilarious watching him with a water hose spraying the **** in the yard waiting for $100 bills do come out.

This same dog jumped the fence and grabbed the neighbors thanksgiving turkey from their outdoor kitchen. Jumped back over the fence and ate the entire turkey bones and all. The neighbor came outside and couldn't figure out where the turkey went. They saw a few bone fragments in the yard next to where the dog was napping.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Ours pulled a 9x11 pan of lasagna off the counter and ate it. If I recall, he also ate a full chicken pot pie once. If I leave something out to cool, I have to set it top of the coffee maker so his go go gadget claws can't reach.
MadDog73
AG
Gosh my lab is so boring. Uncrustables is the only non-dog food she has ever eaten. She is ok by the way. But she follows me around when I am in the kitchen. Keeps looking up at the kitchen counters.
swampstander
AG
I had a yellow lab while at A&M that would eat Budweiser cans. You could see little piles of red white and blue aluminum shreds all over the yard. Same dog knocked over my bullet smoker while I had to run to campus for a few minutes. He ate the entire small turkey I was smoking, bones and all. He also ate and pooped out numerous socks and underwear.

Had a chocolate female that ate most of a pan of rolls, the ones she didn't eat we caught her squirreling away in her kennel. Same dog would hide raw potatoes in the couch for some reason.

Our Brittany once ate a 1lb block of bleu cheese off the counter with no ill effects. Same dog ate about 1/2 of a Little Debbie Nutty Buddy and had a pretty severe case of the runs afterward.

nealan
Uncrustables are THE BEST boat and deer stand snack!!
AgLA06
AG
JeremiahJohnson said:

My buddies dog ate a stack of cash, his girlfriends thong and a condom out the trash. It was hilarious watching him with a water hose spraying the **** in the yard waiting for $100 bills do come out.
This is why you don't date strippers.
AgLA06
AG
Gunny456 said:

Damn. They look good. Never heard of them. Thank you!
Great on the run breakfast. Throw one in your computer bag to defrost on the ride to work and enjoy with coffee after it thaws.

I make sure my wife knows "our kids" need them when she places our grocery order.
BlueSmoke
Neighbors lab always ate the mom's underwear out of the dirty clothes hamper
maroon barchetta
BlueSmoke said:

Why do you know this
BlueSmoke
maroon barchetta said:

BlueSmoke said:

Why do you know this
Good question - they had to take him to the vet for surgery. The blockage was later revealed to be a number of panties stuck in his system. He recovered. Dad told me, laughing after the fact. She never knew we knew.
GeorgiAg
AG
I currently have two dogs. One ate christmas tree lights with no issues. The other ate a different kind of dog food once and diarrhea crapped all over the house.
goatchze
AG
Breggy Popup said:

MadDog73 said:

Probably should be fine.

Quote:

Grapes and Raisins
What they do: Grapes and raisins cause vomiting 1 to 3 hours after ingestion, diarrhea, central nervous system depression, and eventually acute renal failure.

Toxic dose: The dose that can cause serious problems is 0.7 ounces per kilogram of grapes and 0.1 ounce per kilogram of raisins. This means that 3 grapes (or 3 raisins) could be fatal for a 2.5 pound puppy, and 12 grapes (or 12 to 15 raisins) could potentially kill a 10-pound animal. The toxic element is also present in grape stems.

Treatment: Consumption of grapes or grape-related food items usually requires us to induce vomiting and administer activated charcoal, and this toxicity can require hospitalization and fluid therapy for 24 to 48 hours.

ounces per kilogram? What?
Tailgate88
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Tailgate88 said:

I know he stole a package of something off the table once while he was house and pet sitting. That dog is quick!
He is. One time the son had friends over and they were grilling burgers. We were out of town but I got a very nervous phone call .... ummmmm Koa ate an entire pound of raw hamburger. Is that ok? I just laughed. Yeah that's just a snack for him.
Matsui
AG
my basset ate a 8 piece grilled chicken plate from el pollo loco

and your lab will be fine
BlueSmoke
Matsui said:

my basset ate a 8 piece grilled chicken plate from el pollo loco

and your lab will be fine
Nice!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.