Outdoors
Sponsored by

Prayers needed for our dog - heat stroke

19,661 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by jokershady
Daytona22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Makes me rethink it as well. Hope Archie is doing better today. We went back and looked at our rover sitters over the past couple of years and realize that we used this same person last September. Thankful we are not in this same situation but my heart goes out even more. Hope your pup is still progressing well and fighting.
AJ02
AG
It was hot as heck last September too. So glad your pup is okay.

We use a large boarding facility that is owned by, and on the same property as, the vet we've taken our dogs to for the last 9 years. They have an apartment on site so someone is there 24/7. And God forbid something medical happens they can just take them right across the parking lot to the vet clinic.

Blessed Paws in Spring. On Kuykendahl. Our dogs share a Saint Suite with a little access door where they can go to their own private outdoor patio. But the indoor part is fully air conditioned.
Jabin
Any updates? Sorry if I'm a pest, but we all care deeply for your beautiful pup.
MaxPower
I hope your pup is ok. I switched to K9 clubhouse in Old Town Spring for my most recent trip. All indoors including a huge playground. Pups seemed to love it. I had used Petsuites but mine got kennel cough the last two times I was there so not doing that anymore.
MAS444
AG
Update -

Archie is still at Gulf Coast - but improving. I saw a video of him walking today - which was amazing. He's got a few more days there at least, assuming all continues to go well. Again, we're very happy with baby steps considering his injuries and initial condition.

I sincerely appreciate every single star and post wishing him well.

I also wanted to report that we were told the last other remaining dog at Gulf Coast (other than Archie obviously) went home yesterday. We're not 100% certain on the 7th dog...but I'm pretty sure that every other dog that initially made it to Gulf Coast alive is now home. Gulf Coast is a wonderful facility with wonderful caring people. They will hold a special place in our hearts forever and we're very fortunate to have them here in the Houston area.

Mollie03
AG
That's amazing news!

So glad to hear that he is making good progress and that the other dogs are doing well too.
Jabin
Wonderful news! Thanks for the update.
88planoAg
AG
Go Archie Go!!!

Gilligan
AG
Outstanding!

Look forward to a pics of Archie headed home with his family!

water turkey
MAS444 said:

Update -

Archie is still at Gulf Coast - but improving. I saw a video of him walking today - which was amazing. He's got a few more days there at least, assuming all continues to go well. Again, we're very happy with baby steps considering his injuries and initial condition.

I sincerely appreciate every single star and post wishing him well.

I also wanted to report that we were told the last other remaining dog at Gulf Coast (other than Archie obviously) went home yesterday. We're not 100% certain on the 7th dog...but I'm pretty sure that every other dog that initially made it to Gulf Coast alive is now home. Gulf Coast is a wonderful facility with wonderful caring people. They will hold a special place in our hearts forever and we're very fortunate to have them here in the Houston area.

The news said the other dog was sent home yesterday.
Daytona22
AG
This is fantastic news. Continuing to pull for Archie to come home soon! Gulf coast is a great facility.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Good news on Archie. My only question is , is there a Jughead or Veronica in the family?
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
jokershady
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.