Outdoors
Sponsored by

Missing Texas state student near Luling

78,233 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by shiftyandquick
Stringfellow Hawke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang. Been praying for good news.
AgsMnn
AG
Any update?

All I can find online is from 2 days ago.
JaneDoe02
AG
This is copy and pasted from their family's church's Facebook page. I have no connection other than that I am praying for them. They are having a prayer vigil this evening but I don't think there's any new information.

I spoke with Lisa, Jason's mother, and Kent's wife. We want to clarify a bit of information that people seem to be focusing on...

Many people have been asking how Jason ended up where his car crashed. We believe the short answer is that if you miss a right turn at a light to go toward I-10, that road turns into Salt Flat road, and eventually becomes a gravel road where Jason's car was. If the light was green, or if he didn't hear his GPS app, then he could have missed his right turn and kept going on that street. Apparently many Texas State students have driven down parts of Salt Flat road before having to turn around and go back to I-10. While we don't know for sure, that is a likely scenario at this point. Thank you to the women in the comments for pointing that out to us.

I am still awaiting news of the updated missing person poster but will post it here when I have it. There is an older poster from a few days ago, but to my knowledge, a new one is being worked on today. Also, please disregard the information about a reward in the previous post. There was a miscommunication on that matter.

Lisa is thankful for all the people who have been with them and reached out to them over this past week, and all of those who are praying for them on here, on the Signup Genius, and in general. While they would give anything to have Jason home right now, they can see how God is using this bad situation to make something good come out of it. Many people are praying that haven't prayed in years, or maybe ever before. People are hearing testimonies about Jesus because of this situation. That and the prayers are keeping them going. They are seeing God's continued presence throughout this journey.

I'll share a link to the poster once I receive it later. Keep those prayers coming --> https://bit.ly/Prayers4Jason

Click this link to view a PDF copy of Jason's missing person poster to print. http://bit.ly/JasonLandryPoster

Jason's dad would love for you to print 5 copies and post them around high traffic areas in your community (with permission). Please pay extra attention to the picture with longer hair and facial hair since that one is more recent.

You can also find more information and the PDF of the poster on the Texas Equusearch page --> https://texasequusearch.org/missing-jason-landry-caldwell-county-texas-12-14-20/?fbclid=IwAR145IC73UEQs5tRY4nq_YBrGABxYtpA0bNfuUwLVYTfRFkXlMTLo_k_jMs
peace
S
Praying for this family and those who are searching for Jason....this is a dreadful event and so difficult for those involved. These are prayers from North Texas.. Love for fellow citizens who have troubles.
Hwy30East
Monday morning prayers.

spud1910
AG
Still praying.
JaneDoe02
AG
An update from the church Facebook page. Unfortunately no news.

Update from Kent around 10:50 am Monday:

The helicopters, drones, and search teams are still searching through the area. No news or updates from that at the moment.

Kent wanted to express his gratitude to everyone who came to the Prayer Vigil for Jason, or watched and prayed while watching online.

Continue to pray and lift Jason up in prayer. More prayer slots will be added to the Signup Genius later today if you'd like to pray for Jason during a 15-minute time slot. Jason has now been missing for over a week. Keep praying and sharing his poster --> https://bit.ly/JasonLandryPoster
ABATTBQ87
AG
K_P said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Whats the theory on why he was on Salt Flat Rd?
The article says that he made a wrong turn. Originally, I was skeptical of this (having been young once), but after looking at the map it's very believable. Basically if he just missed a turn coming down TX 80, going straight at the light at TX 80 and US 183 puts you on that road. Seems like a reasonable enough mistake.

Praying he is found.
I've driven on 80 many times from San Marcos to Luling to I10, and I have a hard time believing that a wrong turn there is a reasonable mistake, unless you are severely impaired or distracted.
I Am A Critic
ABATTBQ87 said:

K_P said:

Whats the theory on why he was on Salt Flat Rd?
The article says that he made a wrong turn. Originally, I was skeptical of this (having been young once), but after looking at the map it's very believable. Basically if he just missed a turn coming down TX 80, going straight at the light at TX 80 and US 183 puts you on that road. Seems like a reasonable enough mistake.

Praying he is found.
I've driven on 80 many times from San Marcos to Luling to I10, and I have a hard time believing that a wrong turn there is a reasonable mistake, unless you are severely impaired or distracted.
We should all try to live our lives by the example you exemplify.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Apache
AG
Quote:

I have a hard time believing that a wrong turn there is a reasonable mistake, unless you are severely impaired or distracted.

It wasn't so much a wrong turn as "no turn", going straight on 80 puts you on Salt Flat Road. Given that it was after midnight, it's likely that the driver was tired.... and we all have our phones to distract us 24/7.
AggieFabricator
Has the possibility of him being picked up been ruled out? Just curious, I drove down Salt Flat Rd. Saturday and saw a few of the crews it looked like were searching the Plum Creek brush lines. I know that area is mostly pastures other than the creek bottoms.
Pepesilvia
AG
Nothing has been ruled out at this point as far as I know
JaneDoe02
AG
I don't have any inside info. I was just trying to be helpful by sharing the church's Facebook updates.
Hwy30East
Still praying, and hoping there is closure soon.

As a parent, I can't imagine what the family is going through in this mystery.
Martin Cash
AG
The search has been suspended unless they get some new information.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Something isn't adding up in this story. I hope for the parents they figure this out. Praying!!!!
PearlandAg09
AG
praying for the family and a safe outcome. I've been keeping up with this and can't get past how strange it is.
rossuvet12
AG
Story on ABC13 says Texas EquuSearch has called off their search. Says they have searched the area as thoroughly as they possibly can.

So frickin sad and heartbreaking. Everybody keep praying.
PearlandAg09
AG
anyone with closer information to the circumstances able to confirm he left SM and was actually the one driving the vehicle? I understand they found his phone and personal belongings, but the question still stands.

intent of the question does not mean to intrude in an ongoing investigation, but this seems like a possibility given the limited details along with many others. Hopefully additional forthcoming information will lead to a positive outcome.
bam02
AG
Praying for a miracle
average_joker
AG
If I may do a little brainstorming. Does anyone else find themselves thinking of the John Grisham book The Partner?
hammerhead
Is it just me or was there a similar type of situation that happened out in that same area recently?

SanAntoneAg
AG
hammerhead said:

Is it just me or was there a similar type of situation that happened out in that same area recently?

This was referenced on page 1.
Gig 'em! '90
normaleagle05
AG
PearlandAg09 said:

anyone with closer information to the circumstances able to confirm he left SM and was actually the one driving the vehicle? I understand they found his phone and personal belongings, but the question still stands.

intent of the question does not mean to intrude in an ongoing investigation, but this seems like a possibility given the limited details along with many others. Hopefully additional forthcoming information will lead to a positive outcome.

The complete lack of attempt (from what I've seen) to address this very fundamental question has been strange to me this whole time. I may have missed it in the reporting?
AggieFabricator
Same. I'll say this, law enforcement from what I've been told locally know more about those background facts than we do. They certainly seem to be trying to turn over any rocks they can. I'm more so curious if they're getting any cooperation from this young mans friends and/or roommates in San Marcos, I'd think they'd be more help than anyone else right now.
ursusguy
AG
Wishing the family the best. I used to do a lot of missing persons work, and it is never easy.

I am very curious if LE took prints on the car, but that would likely be holdback information.
Martin Cash
AG
normaleagle05 said:

PearlandAg09 said:

The complete lack of attempt (from what I've seen) to address this very fundamental question has been strange to me this whole time. I may have missed it in the reporting?
You have no clue what's going on behind the scenes.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Martin Cash said:

normaleagle05 said:

PearlandAg09 said:

Well, then enlighten us.
RCR06
AG
The police never give out all the information for whatever reason. Doesn't mean the police don't know or have it. The reasons vary from case to case I imagine.
Martin Cash
AG
brs4688 said:

Martin Cash said:

normaleagle05 said:

PearlandAg09 said:

Well, then enlighten us.
I'm sure they're checking cell phone records, GPS, airbag data, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. They don't publicize that, nor should they.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Any update?
Stat Monitor Repairman
How far down the road was the car when it wrecked?

Whats a reasonable distance to go down that road before its obvious that you missed the turnoff?
Martin Cash
AG

How far down the road was the car when it wrecked? 4 or 5 miles

Whats a reasonable distance to go down that road before its obvious that you missed the turnoff? half a mile.\

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.