Outdoors
Sponsored by

Missing Texas state student near Luling

74,517 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by shiftyandquick
Pepesilvia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags -

My cousin, Jason Landry, has been missing since Sunday night. I thought posting the information and news links on Texags couldn't hurt, and I was told the outdoor board was the best place to post.

Jason wrecked his car just after 12:30am on Sunday morning going north on Salt Flat Road ~5 miles northeast of Luling. He then disappeared without his phone and wallet. If you live near the area, please keep an eye out for him. And if you have friends or family in the area, please make them aware that this is ongoing and search and rescue is currently out looking for Jason. On the off chance that you have any information, please call the Caldwell County Sheriff. Also don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any information.

Jason is a 21 year old 6'1 ~170 lb. white male with blondish hair. He is not dangerous and he is likely disoriented and/or injured. Anything helps - prayers included.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/12/14/law-enforcement-searching-for-texas-state-student-who-disappeared-after-crash-near-luling/

https://www.kxan.com/news/missing-texas-state-students-car-found-wrecked-abandoned-outside-luling/

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/12/15/texas-state-student-from-missouri-city-missing-after-car-found-totaled-abandoned/

Thank you

Wednesday, 12/16 2pm CT update:
A couple of people have asked for updates, so I thought I'd hop on and share what I can. Unfortunately, I can't share much other than that Jason is still missing and TexSAR is searching the surrounding area. They have a fairly large team (I'm guessing 20 people) out there looking for any indications of where he may have gone on foot. They have a few leads, but nothing definitive at this point.

Thank you everyone. Prayers are needed.

Thursday, 12/17 9:30am CT update:
TexSAR and the police have focused their attention on a pond half a mile from the crash site. Sonar found an anomaly along the pond bed. They can't be 100% what it is, so they've chosen to drain the pond to find some answers.

Below is an article with a lot of the info. I just mentioned.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/hope-fading-as-search-for-missing-texas-state-student-ends-third-day.amp

Friday, 12/18 5:30pm CT update:
Kent's church posted a pretty detailed update on their facebook page (at the link below), so without repeating a lot of it here, I'll summarize. Basically, the authorities finished draining the pond and their pretty sure he is not in there. At this point, they have searched the area a couple of times but they are going to continue to search with a plane, more K-9 units, and horses over the weekend. We're hopeful that Jason will be found soon and the family gets some answers.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2337009143111672&id=349928531819753

Sunday, 12/20 11:30pm CT update:
I unfortunately don't have much to add other than to say the search is still ongoing. If you'd like more frequent updates, Kent's church is doing a really nice job of filling in the blanks daily. I would urge you to check there as a first option, as I'll likely post here less frequently than they do.

As one poster noted (thank you Janedoe02!!), all the family asks of anyone wanting is to help distribute the linked flyer anywhere you can - in high traffic areas like gas stations and CVS/Walgreens. And as always, any information that may lead to finding Jason is welcome and should be directed toward the Caldwell County Sheriff.

https://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Jason-Landry-Flyer-1.pdf

The church's latest facebook post:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=207284287662934&id=349928531819753

Tuesday, 12/29 5:30pm CT update:
Hi everyone. I wish I could hop on and add incremental updates to the search and investigation as time passes. At this point, however, the extended family isn't receiving information outside of what is already in the public view, so I'm not able to add much value in my updates. The search is being held pretty tightly by the Caldwell County Sheriff and Luling PD (rightfully so), and now we just have to cross our fingers that this keeps moving in a positive direction.

I started this thread in order to raise awareness - hoping that doing so would provide avenues to find Jason. As others have asked, I would request that you please keep the ultra-speculative theories to a minimum out of respect.

I'll try to update as we learn anything incremental.

Thank you again.
Aggieangler93
AG
Aww man....praying this fella is OK. I cannot imagine if my son was missing. I would be climbing the walls...
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
rossuvet12
AG
Prayers for your family and everybody looking for him! Don't give up!
Hwy30East
Prayers for good news today!
Josepi
AG
OP, keep us updated with any news

Prayers sent
Gilligan
AG
My wife had tears in her eyes telling me that story last night.

I hope he's found and safe. Scary!
Texmid
AG
Prayers going up that he is found alive.
BlueMiles
AG
Prayers that he is found safe.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Thoughts and prayers he's soon found safe
water turkey
Any updates?
AgsMnn
AG
Saw this on FB earlier in the week. Any update. I was following and ah e not seen it pop up on my feed recently.

Last I heard, the tracking dogs followed the scent into an abandoned house and did not find anything.

Praying everything is ok. These nights have been pretty cool in temperature.
88planoAg
AG
Last FB update from a family friend who has been posting regularly on FB:

*as of 12/16, the search began at 8am. Texas Search and Rescue (TEXSAR) continues to lead the search with a K-9 unit.

I went to HS with his dad. Hope he is found soon.
spud1910
AG
Praying he is found safe.
Hwy30East
More prayers for the family and all involved in the search.
kappmeyer
Any update?
ABATTBQ87
AG
Aggieangler93
AG
Sending up more prayers for this young man.
ironmanag
AG
Prayers sent
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Prayers
AggieFabricator
Luling resident, and I travel down Salt Flat Rd (not the stretch the crash happened) to get from my morning taco stop to the shop. The area it happened is extremely remote, we actually used to use that stretch of the country road for massive parties In high school because no one ever traveled it besides pumpers and the cattle ranchers checking cows during the day. The community is extremely distraught over this and is actively trying to help any way they can. Between the pumpers who run those leases, the cattlemen, and hunters, I have faith they'll find your relative if he's out there. I can't imagine what you and your family must be going through. Know the community is praying for y'all.
AgsMnn
AG
I hope they find him. Praying he is found.
Pepesilvia
AG
AggieFabricator said:

Luling resident, and I travel down Salt Flat Rd (not the stretch the crash happened) to get from my morning taco stop to the shop. The area it happened is extremely remote, we actually used to use that stretch of the country road for massive parties In high school because no one ever traveled it besides pumpers and the cattle ranchers checking cows during the day. The community is extremely distraught over this and is actively trying to help any way they can. Between the pumpers who run those leases, the cattlemen, and hunters, I have faith they'll find your relative if he's out there. I can't imagine what you and your family must be going through. Know the community is praying for y'all.

Thank you. The Luling and Lockhart communities have been ultra supportive to our family. If we've learned anything from this, it's that the good people of Luling and Lockhart are of the highest character, unified in their mission to support our family and the authorities working the case.
AgsMnn
AG
Any update tonight?

Stat Monitor Repairman
Whats the theory on why he was on Salt Flat Rd?
88planoAg
AG
Long update from the church where dad, Kent, is a pastor:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2336279343184652&id=349928531819753&ref=m_notif¬if_t=group_activity
lb3
TylerAg98
AG
Praying for this family. I can't even imagine what they are going though.
K_P
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Whats the theory on why he was on Salt Flat Rd?
The article says that he made a wrong turn. Originally, I was skeptical of this (having been young once), but after looking at the map it's very believable. Basically if he just missed a turn coming down TX 80, going straight at the light at TX 80 and US 183 puts you on that road. Seems like a reasonable enough mistake.

Praying he is found.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Prayers that he is found alive and healthy.

Not the strangest thing to have happened in the area's recent past.

http://www.gonzalesinquirer.com/stories/arrest-made-in-murders-of-luling-teens,27731#:~:text=An%20arrest%20has%20been%20made,year%2Dold%20cousin%20Landin%20Robinson.&text=A%20man%20from%20Austin%20claiming,cousins%20from%20Luling%20last%20week.
Gig 'em! '90
Aggieangler93
AG
Still praying here. Hoping the Lord delivers Jason home to his parents safely.
AggieFabricator
This was a tragic meeting of a guy hallucinating on drugs from Bastrop passing kids on an ATV on a county road and shooting what he thought were "aliens".
Martin Cash
AG
SanAntoneAg said:

Prayers that he is found alive and healthy.

Not the strangest thing to have happened in the area's recent past.

http://www.gonzalesinquirer.com/stories/arrest-made-in-murders-of-luling-teens,27731#:~:text=An%20arrest%20has%20been%20made,year%2Dold%20cousin%20Landin%20Robinson.&text=A%20man%20from%20Austin%20claiming,cousins%20from%20Luling%20last%20week.
Yep, about 5 or 6 miles apart.
DargelSkout
AG
Any update on this guy? I can't imagine what this family is going through. It's been almost a week now.
Pepesilvia
AG
See the edited OP for my updates
BlueMiles
AG
Prayers continue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.