Outdoors
Sponsored by

Missing Texas state student near Luling

77,056 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by shiftyandquick
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mean based on the road and the damage to his car, someone knew he was transporting and rammed his car, grabbed him and took him to the abandoned house. Couldn't find the backpack in the dark? Is maybe why it was left
Josepi
AG
Interesting article. I don't own an Altima, but how are the keys in the ignition and the doors locked? I thought the car wouldn't lock the doors if the key was in the car, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, the narcotics in the bag could mean different things. Is it a joint in his school backpack, or is it two pounds of weed (or something else)? One would raise serious red flags, and one wouldn't.
Post removed:
by user
Buddy Barbarian
Josepi said:

Interesting article. I don't own an Altima, but how are the keys in the ignition and the doors locked? I thought the car wouldn't lock the doors if the key was in the car, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, the narcotics in the bag could mean different things. Is it a joint in his school backpack, or is it two pounds of weed (or something else)? One would raise serious red flags, and one wouldn't.

Marijuana is not considered a narcotic, and is seldom, if ever, reported as one.

TX_COWDOC
AG
schwack schwack said:

This is similar to a case in Canadian . We just listened to the podcast yesterday - it's well done by Skip Hollandsworth/Texas Monthly. Tom Brown, a senior in high school just disappeared.

"In 2016, a popular teenager disappeared in the tiny Panhandle community of Canadian, Texas. Two years later, his remains were discovered beneath a tree outside of town. But to this day, no arrests have been made, and nearly everyone involved in the case has fallen under suspicion."

https://www.texasmonthly.com/interactive/tom-browns-body/

I was just about to post the same. Listened to the podcast recently. Very well done.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
MsDoubleD81
AG
I believe if you have a 2nd fob, you can lock it.
BlueMiles
AG
Or maybe he went out through the back window.
montanagriz
S
I thought it was reported at first that his wallet and keys were in the car? Now they found a backpack with his wallet and narcotics a 100 yds or so from crash site?
TXAG 05
AG
Josepi said:

You hit the lock button on the door. You've never locked/unlocked your car while the engine was running?
danieljustin06
AG
Some vehicles won't let you hit lock and close the door with it running. It'll unlock as soon as it closes. My F-150 is like this and I have to use the keypad to lock it while running.
mpl35
AG
danieljustin06 said:

Some vehicles won't let you hit lock and close the door with it running. It'll unlock as soon as it closes. My F-150 is like this and I have to use the keypad to lock it while running.

Exactly. Mine won't lock when the key is in the ignition. Running or not
TXAG 05
AG
Interesting. I've never experienced that.
AgCWby90CS
AG
TXAG 05 said:

my truck is the same. Can't even use the door lock button to lock. Only the fob will lock the truck with the keys in the ignition. Therefore I keep the fob on separate key chain in my pocket.
CWby '90
Breggy Popup
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Same here. I keep a list of things to check for when buying new cars. This just got added.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
I lock my keys in my F150 all the time. If you have the exterior electronic locks just hold the last two buttons down together.
edit: sorry I missed the keys in the ignition part - I have the push button
Hwy30East
montanagriz said:

I thought it was reported at first that his wallet and keys were in the car? Now they found a backpack with his wallet and narcotics a 100 yds or so from crash site?

I read the same thing. I believe the authorities intentionally held back on that detail until recently.
mpl35
AG
It's a Nissan Altima. Pretty sure it doesn't let you lock the door of keys are in the ignition to my knowledge.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The answer to this case has gotta be in that phone data.
Baby Billy
AG
No matter the amount of drugs in the backpack, the fact that it was 100+ yards away from the crash site seems to tell me another party was involved from the start.

And just because there was only a small amount left doesn't mean the bulk of it wasn't taken out and then the bag dumped off the side of the road.
BlueMiles
AG
Small correction, the report said the backpack was approximately 100 feet away. (I'm not disagreeing that someone else may have been involved.)
Baby Billy
AG
I hate to speculate but it sure seems like the backpack and drugs were the root of the whole ordeal.
If the details available were held at face value, he was run off the road by another vehicle that was interested in what was in the backpack. Car was wrecked and he was taken by whoever was in the other vehicle. Backpack was either tossed out the window by the victim to try and hide that he had it or it was tossed out by the other vehicle after they got what they wanted out of it.

Could be way off but based on the public knowledge that's all that makes sense to me
JaneDoe02
AG
From the church Facebook page

A message from Kent:

"It has come to my attention that some media sources are claiming that Jason's backpack that was found at the scene was "filled with narcotics". I believe that nothing could be farther from the truth. And more to the point, nothing could be more hurtful to Jason or his character. Jason was a typical college student who was coming home to see friends and family. And we're still waiting for him to come home after 23 days.

I have been given Jason's backpack and I can tell you what it was filled with: his laptop, contacts, some of his toiletries, and all of his Playstation gaming gear. You see, Jason had already made plans to meet with his friends online and play some games together over the break. Jason's backpack had those personal items and his Playstation, controllers, headset, and accessories.

So please don't believe the media when they try to sensationalize what is a tragedy in order to get you to click on their site and read their articles. Do something that's actually useful - hope and pray for our son, who is still missing. Care for your own family and count your blessings. If you don't know how or what to pray for, I invite you to join me in my daily prayer from Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.""
rossuvet12
AG
Still praying for good news. Impossible to imagine as a father!
TAMUallen
AG
I understand the church facebook post but they wouldnt give you back narcotics with the backpack too. Acting like they weren't there is detrimental to the investigation.

Now I'm very curious as to what and how much was discovered because that would change things greatly. Was he dealing with some cartel dudes or some college bros?
AggieFabricator
Hard to not speculate when the kid is missing. I feel terrible for the family and hope for a positive outcome and one where Jason is alive and well. However, the facts that are out in public about this investigation are what they are. Speculation happens when you have a missing person, a wrecked car, and a back pack containing drugs. I'm sorry, just the world we live in. I'll continue to hope for the best though.
AggieOO
wouldn't be the first time that misinformation was spread through the media. That said, the poster above is correct...the cops aren't going to hand a backpack over with a bunch of narcotics. Also, I know the church and family want to think their kid would "never do something like that," but it happens all the time.

Hopefully the church/family are correct, but i have a feeling they are being naive.
BlueMiles
AG
I think the church was trying to convey that "filled with narcotics" was an exaggeration, leaving whatever would fit in around the game gear.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Dudes with gaming gear who take a wrong turn don't disappear
Guys with bags of narcotics tend to have bad things happen.
tmaggies
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

From the church Facebook page

A message from Kent:

"It has come to my attention that some media sources are claiming that Jason's backpack that was found at the scene was "filled with narcotics". I believe that nothing could be farther from the truth. And more to the point, nothing could be more hurtful to Jason or his character. Jason was a typical college student who was coming home to see friends and family. And we're still waiting for him to come home after 23 days.

I have been given Jason's backpack and I can tell you what it was filled with: his laptop, contacts, some of his toiletries, and all of his Playstation gaming gear. You see, Jason had already made plans to meet with his friends online and play some games together over the break. Jason's backpack had those personal items and his Playstation, controllers, headset, and accessories.

So please don't believe the media when they try to sensationalize what is a tragedy in order to get you to click on their site and read their articles. Do something that's actually useful - hope and pray for our son, who is still missing. Care for your own family and count your blessings. If you don't know how or what to pray for, I invite you to join me in my daily prayer from Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.""

Media sucks!!!!
91AggieLawyer
AG
TAMUallen said:

I understand the church facebook post but they wouldnt give you back narcotics with the backpack too. Acting like they weren't there is detrimental to the investigation.

Now I'm very curious as to what and how much was discovered because that would change things greatly. Was he dealing with some cartel dudes or some college bros?
I seriously doubt they would even give back the backpack had it had ANY evidence in there of criminal wrongdoing. For one, it probably would have been at a lab somewhere being analyzed. For another, the whole thing would be considered evidence.
Shoefly!
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I believe if you have a 2nd fob, you can lock it.

I've owned 3 Altimas, all 3 came with a 3rd key that unlocked the doors. It would fit in the ignition but wouldn't start the car.
AgCWby90CS
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

TAMUallen said:

I seriously doubt they would even give back the backpack had it had ANY evidence in there of criminal wrongdoing. For one, it probably would have been at a lab somewhere being analyzed. For another, the whole thing would be considered evidence.
Exactly!
CWby '90
agingcowboy
AG
From a medical standpoint a legal prescription for Vicodin (or other opioid) is considered a narcotic. Maybe he had an orthopedic injury or recent procedure. But then again, this statement was attributed to law enforcement who may have a different definition that I am not aware of.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Baby Billy
AG
Maybe he was just selling Adderall?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.