Outdoors
Sponsored by

Missing Texas state student near Luling

78,223 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by shiftyandquick
AggieFabricator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To be honest not even a 1/2 mile, if you go straight through the light there are a total of five streets he could of turned right on that literally get him right back into 183/90. Once he passed through the intersection his GPS should of had ample time to reroute him in my opinion. Sorry, but I just find this whole story bIzarre at this point. Nothing about any of this makes sense to me. I say this not implying any negativity toward anyone involved in this sad story.
RAB87
AG
Ttt. Please continue to pray until this young man is found. As a parent, I cannot imagine the pain of not knowing.
Hwy30East
Still praying for the young man and his family. But as has been said, there's more to this mystery than him just missing a turn........ I pray that the family gets closure to this soon.
chickencoupe16
AG
Me wife and I came through Luling headed through Bastrop tonight and detoured down the road. We didn't know exactly where he car was found, so we turned off when we thought we had definitely gone far enough. After looking at it now, Google says we went 3 miles from his missed turn. 1/2 mile is definitely far enough.
I Am A Critic
AggieFabricator said:

To be honest not even a 1/2 mile, if you go straight through the light there are a total of five streets he could of turned right on that literally get him right back into 183/90. Once he passed through the intersection his GPS should of had ample time to reroute him in my opinion. Sorry, but I just find this whole story bIzarre at this point. Nothing about any of this makes sense to me. I say this not implying any negativity toward anyone involved in this sad story.
You know for a fact he had GPS?
oragator
It made the Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9089603/Texas-college-student-21-vanishes-driving-home-Christmas-car-ditch.html
AggieFabricator
It's been speculated as the reason he ended up on Salt Flat Rd. Had you read any of the prior posts you'd know that.
chickencoupe16
AG
AggieFabricator said:

It's been speculated as the reason he ended up on Salt Flat Rd. Had you read any of the prior posts you'd know that.

I've traveled the route that I took last night probably 50 times. I used to not use GPS while driving it because I knew it so well, but with Android Auto, I use it for all trips of any decent length. As soon as I turned right off of 80 it started rerouting me. It probably rerouted me 10 times before I finally listened to it.

I have no idea if he was using GPS but there's a chance that he was no matter how well he knew the route. And if he was, there's no doubt in my mind that it would have instantly rerouted him.
MsDoubleD81
AG
How many times had he driven the same route?
PearlandAg09
AG
has law enforcement released information to confirm he was actually driving the vehicle to where it was located? I posed this question a few days ago, and the church post eluded to it, but beyond that it hasn't been confirmed (publicly) to my knowledge. i hope the trail they're on, if any, leads to a positive outcome for he and his family
Ag_07
AG
Sad situation all around but unfortunately at this point I think a positive outcome is going to be just getting his family some closure on what happened.

I can't imagine just never knowing and living with the uncertainty.

Lance in Round Mountain
AG
This is one of the strangest things I have followed in a while with many unanswered questions. I hope and pray for the best.
SanAntoneAg
AG
FWIW

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794240
Gig 'em! '90
normaleagle05
AG
What is a 90 minute old tertiary discussion supposed to be worth here?
SanAntoneAg
AG
As stated, FWIW.
Gig 'em! '90
SMM48
AG
So they say the car was damaged in back as well
DannyDuberstein
AG
Odd. Maybe it could have ping-ponged a bit. Or could someone have hit him, then altercation, then took the car?
Josepi
AG
Here is a picture of the car:
cuz-i-can
AG
Based on the picture it doesn't look like a rollover collision...it almost looks like the vehicle slid into something (maybe fence posts)...I would like pictures of the front end and tires to further any other guesses...
Stat Monitor Repairman
It was a gravel road, right?

I can see sliding off the road at high speed and spinning into an embankment or fence at doing that kind of damage (RIP Billy Conforto).

I'm thinking if he was driving the car some coyotes / hogs got him.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Okay he wrecked his car - got it.

So now WTF is he??
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
I'm not a crash expert so I'm not gonna speculate on what was hit based on pictures of his car.

However, if he just wrecked his car he'd have been found by now.

My best guess is that someone either rear ended him or ran him off the road and scooped him up. Maybe it was road rage and he was chased down this road and that explains why he was on it.

It's the only reason I can think of why he wasn't at the scene.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Or my wild imagination, he wanted to get away from everything, bought burner phone and fake ID up front, stored up cash, and paid someone to stage the scene.
chickencoupe16
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Or my wild imagination, he wanted to get away from everything, bought burner phone and fake ID up front, stored up cash, and paid someone to stage the scene.

May not be that wild. My buddy knew a guy in the Marines who scheduled a hiking trip and was supposed to meet a friend at whatever airport. He never showed. They spent months looking for him, posting all over social media and more. Their PI finally figured out that he had flown to Paris and joined the Foreign Legion. Guy didn't want anything more to do with his parents, wife, or toddler.
AnScAggie
AG
This story just has so many oddities. First, the time of his departure to go home to Houston. Second, the location of the car. Third, the wreckage of the car that at least to me, doesn't look like a single vehicle collision. Fourth, the calling off the search and lack of updates on the investigation. Fifth, in today's 24 hour news cycle, I feel like there was faster news and information releases when Lindbergh's son was kidnapped.
Buddy Barbarian
MsDoubleD81 said:

You think a 21 yr old college student at Southwest Texas State planned all of that?
Martin Cash
AG
AnScAggie said:

This story just has so many oddities. First, the time of his departure to go home to Houston. Second, the location of the car. Third, the wreckage of the car that at least to me, doesn't look like a single vehicle collision. Fourth, the calling off the search and lack of updates on the investigation. Fifth, in today's 24 hour news cycle, I feel like there was faster news and information releases when Lindbergh's son was kidnapped.
Dang! How old are you????
Stat Monitor Repairman
chickencoupe16 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

May not be that wild. My buddy knew a guy in the Marines who scheduled a hiking trip and was supposed to meet a friend whatever airport. He never showed. They spent months looking for him, posting all over social media and more. Their PI finally figured out that he had flown to Paris and joined the Foreign Legion. Guy didn't want anything more to do with his parents, wife, or toddler.
I'm imagining this dude sitting on his balcony in Marseille right now. Maybe his 26 y/o french gf, just brought him a cup of coffee and a spliff. He might be going surfing later today ... who knows. Godspeed to this dude.
CaptnCarl
AG
I feel for this family. Can't imagine what they are going through.

If his vehicle was in a collision with a second vehicle, you'd think they'd be able to find paint swaps and tell the public to be on the lookout for a ___ color vehicle with a damaged front end. Then again, that may alert the suspects more than the police want to let on. State troopers may be hot on the trail and that's why they have not released additional info.

The police may know way more than they've released to the public. You always hope the authorities are all over the case, but you never know.
Prune Tracy
CaptnCarl
AG
You'd think Luling would have some gas stations, banks, etc with security cameras. Footage could show vehicles he passed through town with. Match the paint colors and you have a vehicle make and model with a damaged front end. Happen to find a license plate number and boom...
The Fall Guy
AG
Prune Tracy said:

Wasn't there a guy from A&M who went MIA back in the late 90s? They found him something like 6 or 7 years later working at a grocery store in Nebraska. He was just "over it" and didn't want to answer to his parents, so he just disappeared.

That was the rapist on the campus
JaneDoe02
AG
This was posted on the church Facebook page

An update from Kent, Jason's father.

"On behalf of the rest of our family, I want to thank all of you for your prayers and offers to help in the search for Jason. The search coordinators thought it best if trained searchers looked for him. It limited the people that could throw off the scent of Jason's trail. The trained searchers had GPS tracking so they could be certain what areas were searched. Contrary to some of the news reports, the search continues, just in a different manner. They used a drone to do 3D mapping of the area recently. That allows them to search for areas of interest on the computer, then go to that location to check it out. They plan to do another drone search soon.

Today is Day 16. Jason's disappearance still baffles the searchers and the detectives. Lisa and I met with the head detective yesterday at Jason's apartment. He has not given up. There are still some things they can do. Not being able to get into his phone or computer has slowed the process. They are waiting for the social media giants to respond with the data. We still have a lot of questions with few answers but are glad that we have not received the worse news, and are still hopeful. We're going to start trying to take care of our work responsibilities while hoping the phone rings with good news.

We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers. It's the prayers that are keeping us going. Please keep the prayers coming for Jason's safe return."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.