Outdoors
Sponsored by

Yellowstone TV Series

87,754 Views | 403 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by torrid
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last night was the first time I thought Jaime could have actually been the one to kill their mom and Beth just took the blame.
Centerpole90
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I don't know why she hates him but my wife pointed out that there's some weird sexual tension between them.

Dude there is sexual tension between her and the barn cat!! She is a rolling ball of sexual tension, so much so I feel I need to take a shower after half her scenes.
aggiepaintrain
AG
when she sat down in the barn she spread them wiiiiide
AgEng06
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Last night was the first time I thought Jaime could have actually been the one to kill their mom and Beth just took the blame.
I'm only through Episode 3 in Season 1, but wasn't it Kayce and Beth on horses w/ their mom when she died? Jamie was working cows w/ his dad.

.... unless more info comes out later that I'm not privy to.
Thisguy1
You may be right. The episode last night just made me think something happened and that was the first thing that came to mind.

I like the theory that her and Rip had a kid and Jamie messed with that somehow.
Aggie_3
AgEng06 said:

Thisguy1 said:

I'm only through Episode 3 in Season 1, but wasn't it Kayce and Beth on horses w/ their mom when she died? Jamie was working cows w/ his dad.

Yeah Jamie has nothing to do with that they addressed the mom dying in pretty good detail season 1 this is something else
aggielostinETX
AG
Aggie_3 said:

AgEng06 said:

Thisguy1 said:

Yeah Jamie has nothing to do with that they addressed the mom dying in pretty good detail season 1 this is something else
Maybe why Beth is single. or kidless.
Aggie_3
Deats said:

Aggie_3 said:

AgEng06 said:

Thisguy1 said:

Maybe why Beth is single. or kidless.

Possibly but I wish they would just hurry up and write Jamie off he is easily the worst character on this show by leaps and bounds
EFE
AG
He's the Montana equivalent of Theon Greyjoy
Aggie_3
EFE said:

He's the Montana equivalent of Theon Greyjoy

No no he is not don't insult Theon like that
mts6175
AG
Honestly, the character development around Jamie is effn terrible. Dude goes from being a salty lawyer running for AG to what he is now? Hope they make a turn soon, otherwise, it's dumb.
Aggie_3
mts6175 said:

Honestly, the character development around Jamie is effn terrible. Dude goes from being a salty lawyer running for AG to what he is now? Hope they make a turn soon, otherwise, it's dumb.

My friend and I were talking and he echoed my sentiment that they should have just let him swallow the Winchester
Buck Turgidson
I guess I'm the only one who hates Beth. She is an out-of-control psycho beatch who needs the pimp-hand in the worst way. The best one to give it to her would be Rip, but he just sits back and lets her rave. Can't understand why Costner's character doesn't make any attempt to reign her in either.
Aggie_3
Buck Turgidson said:

I guess I'm the only one who hates Beth. She is an out-of-control psycho beatch who needs the pimp-hand in the worst way. The best one to give it to her would be Rip, but he just sits back and lets her rave. Can't understand why Costner's character doesn't make any attempt to reign her in either.

There is more to her story that they haven't revealed. She is dealing with some pent up demons
reddog90
AG
water turkey said:

The way she was watching the little boy and then saw Jamie and lost it. I think she lost a kid and blames Jamie.
When was this?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Tate was out by the horse pen and Rip was hanging out with him being a good "uncle". She got all misty eyed and then went in the barn and kicked Jamie in the balls.
JAG03
AG
reddog90 said:

water turkey said:

The way she was watching the little boy and then saw Jamie and lost it. I think she lost a kid and blames Jamie.
When was this?

In the last episode Beth was watching rip work with Tate and his horse and then went into the barn and laid into Jamie.
schmellba99
AG
My guess between Beth and Jaime is that Jamie was the golden child and she was always viewed as the kid that killed mom by John Dutton. The scene where it shows John sending Jaime to Harvard to me kind of led a little into that possibility. Beth was always treated different because she was a girl - going back to Season 1 when her mom had the talk with her after she got her period and told her that she was going to have to be harder on her than anybody else, Jaime kind of being the golden child that was always treated with kid gloves, Kaycie being the wild one that John always seemed to forgive and want to come home, the oldest brother being the ranch manager before he was killed in Season 1 - Beth was always on the outside looking in IMO.

She's bitter AF because of it, has issues that her mom blamed her for her death, her dad never really being a loving father to her, etc. Jamie is the outlet for her anger. I agree that the development for Jamie has been disappointing, but it also shows what power John has had as the family patriarch, which I believe will be in bigger play as the show develops.
CrossTimbersW
AG
I don't think it had anything to do with Tate directly. I think Beth was looking at Rip and just wishing she could allow herself to love him the way he deserves. She can't love anything because of whatever demons she's dealing with though. Some of those issues are obviously tied to Jamie in some way and most likely related to the moms death somehow as well.
RM1993
AG
The most interesting part in the latest episode to me was Jamie thinking he was getting in the truck for a ride to see the smoke train.......

He may not live through the end of this season, but I agree with others that there is some redemption in store for him.
GSS
Ummm...it's a TV show based on the fertile mind(s) of some writers. Y'all are WAY-overthinking the plot(s), and the direction the same writers may take it (ratings being the primary driver).

Some of you might consider a job at Entertainment Tonight...

Let's get back to discussing the number of water trough scenes with Beth...THAT'S Outdoors!
NRA Life
TSRA Life
I Am A Critic
GSS said:

Ummm...it's a TV show based on the fertile mind(s) of some writers. Y'all are WAY-overthinking the plot(s), and the direction the same writers may take it (ratings being the primary driver).

Some of you might consider a job at Entertainment Tonight...

Let's get back to discussing the number of water trough scenes with Beth...
Surely there's a scene where she'd eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.
AgySkeet06
AG
Another great Beth episode tonight
GSS
NRA Life
TSRA Life
JAG03
AG
Beth is trying to run off Jaymie and kayce so she can have everything to herself.
RM1993
AG
JAG03 said:

Beth is trying to run off Jaymie and kayce so she can have everything to herself.

Beth doesn't give a flip about the ranch....other than just wanting to keep it together for her father.

But, it's all about to get real now that they took the boy.......I'm afraid we are in for a huge cliffhanger that pisses everyone off until next season.
Brush Country Ag
AG
I think there will be a connection between Tate's disappearance and the black cowboy s leaving.
Max06
AG
I expect Beck Brothers kidnapped Tate, who will inevitably be on the sabotaged plane enroute to the "Jacksonhole meeting with John Dutton". I dont forsee this being resolved before season 3, or ending on a major cliffhanger.

Other thoughts-
*Now they've got an un-branded man witnessing/participating in a murder.
*Kayce & Monica will want to move back to the city/away due to Tate etc.
*Jayme knocked up his campaign tramp, which I expect (after A LOT of drama) she's either not actually pregnant or it will come out that the child ia not actually his.
Ulrich
You mean an undercover law enforcement officer witnessing a murder....
schmellba99
AG
I didn't get to watch last night, so will have to catch up tonight.

Kacy's hat shape bugs the ever living hell out of me though. He's wearing his damned hat backwards. Irrational pet peeve of mine, but there it is. Dude needs a new shape in the worst way, more along the lines of his dad or Rip.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Haven't noticed his, but one of the Beck brothers (I think Buck Compton) has a really interesting shape to his hat. It has this forward rakish angle to it. I guess like his bolo they're trying to convey that they're outsiders or city slickers or something but it's definitely a cool wardrobe choice.
jaseev
What if little Tate is on the airplane with the Beck brothers that Kayce has rigged to blow up?? And they never have said what happened to the female wrangler? I kinda figured she went back to stripping to make some fast cash for Jimmy to repay his debt.
OldArmyAggie94
AG
The story telling, character set up is great in this series...
CrossTimbersW
AG
I'm guessing Walker is going to come back into the picture to help Casey in some way. I assume he's probably still in Wyoming so maybe he has a role in relation to the Jackson hole meeting?
aggielostinETX
AG
I think cowboy probably followed the Beck boys and will help out some way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.