Outdoors
Sponsored by

2018 White Bass Run is Outdoors

53,998 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by allenhuffman
DUman08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rancher1953 you need to send me an email its in my profile
gillom
SquirrellyDan
AG
On google maps, it looks like there's a pull off by the Rebecca Creek bridge, which looks to be pretty close to the sand bars on the Guadalupe. Does anyone know if you can park there and launch a kayak? Looks to be a much shorter paddle than launching from the Rebecca Creek boat ramp.
Drip99
AG
I see what you are talking about by Rebecca creek. Not sure if u can park and launch there. I used the trolling motor on my yak to get up there from not ramp 11
SquirrellyDan
AG
You weren't there on Monday were you? Talked to someone for a bit who was heading to that area from boat ramp 11 with a yak and trolling motor.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Back in high school I used to park there and walk downstream to fish for whites. In retrospect, while I didn't cross any fences, there is a possibility that I was trespassing, knowing what I know know. I'd catch them in the pools between rapids on small crappie jigs or curly tails on 4 lb. test. We caught lots of them when the lake was up and the Guad was high as it flowed over the RC bridge crossing, making it impassable to vehicular traffic.

That was years ago so there's no telling what, if any, restrictions Comal County has placed on parking at the crossing.
sav5470@yahoo.com
Anyone having any luck for white bass at Yegua Creek, Nails Creek, and Cedar Creek, running into Lake Somerville? I used to fish at all those growing up and haven't been there in about 10 years. Newman's Bottom for Yegua and bridges just off the road for Nails and Cedar
rancher1953
Check prior post, good friend had good luck Saturday in Newmans. He heard the sand bass are showing up in Nails also. It will be hit and miss until weather settles. It is about to start big time, look at the trees.
DUman08
AG
Rancher1953 why are you are giving out some BS reports and pictures. I started out up by the Bedias Sunday morning but water was very muddy so went we cruised down to some creeks closer to the lake. I didn't see any boats up at the mouth of Bedias that morning. I stopped to fish around the mouth so I questioned your picture, thinking maybe you were up further in the creek. It was not until another fellow Ag that lurks here recognized your picture from a trip he booked with a guide on Lake Lewisville. I only bring this up because you have posted a lot about information you may or may not know. If I was reading the thread it may have me traveling long distances to fish in areas, I was unsure of and it may result in a bad trip for an Ag.
I would appreciate it if you took the pictures down of the fish that were not caught were you say they were. I know anglers tell tales even I have been known to add few inches/lbs to fish I have caught. This thread I believe was intended to keep an honest idea of what is truly happening with the white bass run. I will remove my post when it has been done.

Below is the link to supposedly fish caught on Somerville and Bedias creek.
http://www.ntxfishing.net/photos.html

gillom
Bassmaster
AG
DUman08 said:

Rancher1953 why are you are giving out some BS reports and pictures. I started out up by the Bedias Sunday morning but water was very muddy so went we cruised down to some creeks closer to the lake. I didn't see any boats up at the mouth of Bedias that morning. I stopped to fish around the mouth so I questioned your picture, thinking maybe you were up further in the creek. It was not until another fellow Ag that lurks here recognized your picture from a trip he booked with a guide on Lake Lewisville. I only bring this up because you have posted a lot about information you may or may not know. If I was reading the thread it may have me traveling long distances to fish in areas, I was unsure of and it may result in a bad trip for an Ag.
I would appreciate it if you took the pictures down of the fish that were not caught were you say they were. I know anglers tell tales even I have been known to add few inches/lbs to fish I have caught. This thread I believe was intended to keep an honest idea of what is truly happening with the white bass run. I will remove my post when it has been done.

Texags wins again!
ironmanag
AG
Yikes.

Looks like our favorite fibber MfBarnes may have a new handle.
DUman08
AG
I think this is very true.
gillom
AG
Say it ain't so...
DUman08
AG
It smelled fishy.
GottaRide
S
I'm in.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Wow.
MouthBQ98
AG
Wow. OCD man strikes again. Best guide in the fishing business.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Hardest Working Man in Sand Bass
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG

confucius_ag
DUman08
AG
Bassmaster
AG
Every time he gets busted, I'm amazed at the ability of Texags to ferret out things that appear so innocuous on the surface. I mean, this thread is about a fish run. Naturally, people will post a few pics of fish. Texags response-nice! Barnes posts a few fish pics under a new name. Texags response-Nope, this smells funny. A few internet searches later, boom! Barnes is outed again. Amazing!
A.G.S.
AG
And here I was, kicking myself for not going to Newmans on Monday cause of the wind.

I saw all those crappie and felt bad for not making the trip.....

Someone was asking about him on the FB page as well, calling his posts into question.
gillom
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
There should be a special tag for those that bust Barnes and his socks. I will properly credit GottaRide with this idea.
DUman08
AG
Looks like he was sniffed out before in the classifieds.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2859598/replies/49198044
SquirrellyDan
AG
Not his first time to give bogus fishing reports. Man, people are strange.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2903896/replies/50362999
SquirrellyDan
AG
SanAntoneAg said:

Back in high school I used to park there and walk downstream to fish for whites. In retrospect, while I didn't cross any fences, there is a possibility that I was trespassing, knowing what I know know. I'd catch them in the pools between rapids on small crappie jigs or curly tails on 4 lb. test. We caught lots of them when the lake was up and the Guad was high as it flowed over the RC bridge crossing, making it impassable to vehicular traffic.

That was years ago so there's no telling what, if any, restrictions Comal County has placed on parking at the crossing.
I'm pretty sure if you're "in the river" you're fine. I'm going to check it out hopefully this weekend and will report back on what I find.
YellowPot_97
AG
DUman08 said:

Barnes you need professional help.

[We agree but don't post in that manner on this board. -Staff]
JFrench
AG
Since this burns fella provided no updates for Spring Creek I'll share.

Past Sunday 2 males at pundt. Nothing at jessie jones. So essentially opposite of his reports.

Mule_lx
AG
Busy at work today and I missed all of it. Good work.
SanAntoneAg
AG
DUman08 said:

DU, the hardest working man in white bass.
AGeng25
AG
I'm going to try and head to Yegua Creek above Lake Somerville on Saturday morning if the weather holds ahead of the front. Will report back if I make it out there.

Good thing DUman came to the rescue and outed rancher and his bogus reports. I probably would have headed down to Newmann's bottom!
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
AGeng25 said:

I'm going to try and head to Yegua Creek above Lake Somerville on Saturday morning if the weather holds ahead of the front. Will report back if I make it out there.

Good thing DUman came to the rescue and outed rancher and his bogus reports. I probably would have headed down to Newmann's bottom!
Since rancher 1953 is out I'll step in here with a little help from my friends.

A friend of mine told me they were biting good yesterday and were mainly flying in from the southwest, like from Navasota. Also, since we're going to be looking at near blizzard conditions over the weekend, be sure to use the new Tomtom fish finder with the balsamic agitator mode if you want to make the most of your trip. Best of luck and now I'm on my way to perform a liver transplant on Dean Martin.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.