COD Modern Warfare II

45,030 Views | 694 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Thunder18
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stfu hedge
El_duderino
Yes that's what I said and was agreeing it sucks they took it away when shipment is now here. No clue why there can't just be a shipment 24/7 and shoothouse 24/7.
HossAg
AG
We need the ranked mode to drop already with GAs included. Tired of getting gunned by 74Us and M4s the whole game in CDL moshpit. SCAR vaznev meta is pretty good in the pro league right now.
zip04
AG
El_duderino said:

Yes that's what I said and was agreeing it sucks they took it away when shipment is now here. No clue why there can't just be a shipment 24/7 and shoothouse 24/7.

I always liked "shoot the ship."

Leveled up my knife and riot shield and unlocked platinum on both this afternoon. Making the most of shipment.
El_duderino
I preferred separated since shoothouse is good for long shots and shipment is good for straight kills. More often than not it would choose shoothouse so people just backed out until they got shipment.
El_duderino
How the hell do they manage to ruin being able to mute individuals in game chat with this last update? The most basic things are getting messed up
HossAg
AG
El_duderino said:

How the hell do they manage to ruin being able to mute individuals in game chat with this last update? The most basic things are getting messed up

That's infinity Ward for ya. Saw a stat that the player base has already decreased by 44% or something. Maybe activision will realize what the people want when the next Treyarch game finally comes out.
El_duderino
Yeah saw that. 56% drop in active player base on steam
Thunder18
AG
There's been chat issues since day 1
HossAg
AG
El_duderino said:

Yeah saw that. 56% drop in active player base on steam
oh dang I read that wrong then. That's a rough drop for Warzone this early.

They need to realize that SBMM is what keeps people playing, not reducing the skill gap more and more. MW19 had a higher mechanical and game sense skill gap than this game.

They can make a classic COD game and add SBMM and people are gonna play the **** out of it. They went so overboard with making this game punish movement and fast play styles.
WES2006AG
AG
It is a shame this has turned into such a buggy mess. I really like Al Mazrah and the slower more tactical pace of this game but it seems like something weird happens with the servers or bugs in way too many matches.

Some of those players who have left are likely waiting for a resurgence style map/game mode to release at some point. There are a lot of people who prefer that to the big map.
El_duderino
True. But now they went and ruined the simple one tap to mute all or mute individuals with some dumbass complicated UI change. Something so simple that's been the same for 15 years gets ruined because they felt the need to change it for no reason
HossAg
AG
El_duderino said:

True. But now they went and ruined the simple one tap to mute all or mute individuals with some dumbass complicated UI change. Something so simple that's been the same for 15 years gets ruined because they felt the need to change it for no reason

This is the theme of Infinity Ward as a Studio at this point. "Oh you liked how that feature was in the last 10 COD titles? Get ****ed."

It's like how they refuse to let the pro league use red dots on the mini map. What kind of power trip bull**** is that when those teams paid a $25 million buy in to be in the league? I was watching the first matches of Major 1 yesterday and the game is just an embarrassment. The casters were openly mocking how the spawns and things like dead silence work in this game, and those guys work for activision.
not hedge
Funny, im getting tired of the game myself after a month and a half of playing. Time to bring out ol reliable
El_duderino
I think there's people going back to warzone 1 from what I've seen as well
El_duderino
I will say. I'm enjoying the chaos of the camo grind on shipment and hearing the rage since I'm on shotguns
WES2006AG
AG
El_duderino said:

Really? To Caldera? That seems like an awful idea.
HossAg
AG
WES2006AG said:

El_duderino said:

Really? To Caldera? That seems like an awful idea.

Caldera sucks, but MW19 is a better game mechanically. And it probably runs better than this mess.

I have a 3700X with a 3070ti and I barely get 110 fps on all low settings in warzone. That's ridiculous. Especially when they've had 3 years to develop it and it's basically an altered Warzone 1.
HossAg
AG
not hedge said:

Funny, im getting tired of the game myself after a month and a half of playing. Time to bring out ol reliable

Treyarch will save us in 2024. It's just a long way away.
not hedge
Well battlefield used to be my go to but that ship has sunk
WES2006AG
AG
not hedge said:

I haven't jumped back into 2042 but word on the street is that it has seen a lot of improvement over the last year and is actually a fun at this point.
HossAg
AG
not hedge said:

It's depressing what Dice did with that game. No one wanted that game to be what it was. Everyone just wanted a game that feels like Battlefield 1 or Battlefield 5 but with a Battlefield 4 theme.

I hope they're working on that kind of game now, but they've probably killed their reputation and player base permanently.
not hedge
Yep, I was a huge battlefield guy. After BF3 I was truly under the impression they would overtake COD and after battlefield 1 it seemed like they were on track
HossAg
AG
not hedge said:

Yep, I was a huge battlefield guy. After BF3 I was truly under the impression they would overtake COD and after battlefield 1 it seemed like they were on track
I thought Battlefield 2042 was gonna be one of the greatest games ever after they really didn't mess up a single game from BF3 to BF5. Some questionable choices here and there, but the core battlefield experience was there.

It's like fortnite and the BR craze just made all these devs lose their minds. Infinity Ward and Dice both decided to make completely different games than what their franchises were known for.
zip04
AG
DMZ is what I really enjoy. I hope they continue to improve on it.
degreedy
AG
Man -- here I am grinding away on my PS5 thoroughly enjoying this game with little to no noticeable issues whatsoever.

I'll continue to operate in my naivety and let you guys figure all this out behind the scenes.
AvsB
From what I have gathered it is the hardcore/streamers/3-5+ hrs a day that are complaining the most. The casuals are having fun.

I'm having fun, but if my livelihood depended on posting/streaming "mad skills" then I might understand. You can tell who is having fun and who is genuinely pissed when the "kill mic" (or whatever it's called) turns on.

And it's been a few years since I jumped heavily into MP....chat is as toxic as ever.
not hedge
I play maybe an hour a day, two on weekends. I just want more maps honestly. The same rotation gets old
HossAg
AG
I only play on the weekends. Maybe 4 hrs a week total. I don't think complaints about performance and servers and the terrible UI are "streamer issues" that the casuals don't notice. Everyone notices a server being complete ass and frame rates dropping to 15-20 fps.

The game design choices are preference, I guess, but they're valid complaints if you're wanting to play a COD game and not a generic slow paced tacticool game that only supports one play style.
Average Joe
AG
If you have guns to level: double weapon XP + shipment + decoy + extra tactical = fully leveled gun in 2-3 matches. Just spawn, throw all your decoys to the corners and center and go kill.
degreedy
AG
Average Joe said:

If you have guns to level: double weapon XP + shipment + decoy + extra tactical = fully leveled gun in 2-3 matches. Just spawn, throw all your decoys to the corners and center and go kill.
Need to try this tonight!
El_duderino
I maxed my p90 in 1 hour last night using decoy grenades (extra tac and restock on) and ddos. It was glorious
Thunder18
AG
El_duderino said:

I rarely play MP, but moreso finding that anytime we party up for WZ that the game has decided to mute one or multiple of our party, so we have to turn off/reset our headsets or go to xbox party chat. It's so stupid and annoying
El_duderino
If you're all on Xbox you can use discord and just mute the in game chat. Miles better
HossAg
AG
El_duderino said:

If you're all on Xbox you can use discord and just mute the in game chat. Miles better
Does that allow you to still hear proximity chat? I've been joining xbox parties from PC with my buddy that's on xbox, but it'd be nice to just add him to the discord. Forgot it can run in the background on xbox now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.