COD Modern Warfare II

44,708 Views | 694 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Thunder18
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's almost impossible on shipment when people can spawn behind you in a corner. I felt like it was impossible for the same reason for a while on shoothouse until they updated spawns recently. They took away squad spawns. They're still not amazing, but much better than it was.
HometownAg22
AG
I had a 28 streak on hardcore shipment in MW2019 before the game ended. Crazy I wasn't even camping and was still running wild all over the map. Was the closest I'd been to a nuke before Shoot House a month back
HossAg
AG
Idk how that's even possible. You catch one stray bullet and you're dead in hardcore. Must have been on your matrix *****
HometownAg22
AG
Yeah it was quite insane. Shame the game ended, I was playing so scared after hitting 25 though
HossAg
AG
Yeah I was playing my game today pretty standard and then saw the 25 pop up and the heartbeat got elevated big time.
HometownAg22
AG
Soon as 25 hits the blood starts pumping!!
MaroonStain
AG
PSA for heavy DMZ players: Season 2 will be a FULL WIPE.

Missions
Tier progress
Keys
Stash weapons
Slots 2 & 3

All reset.
El_duderino

HossAg
AG
Those multiplayer patch notes were ****in pathetic
El_duderino
All the way at the bottom below both warzone and dmz
HossAg
AG
I'm so glad the playerbase dropped off a cliff. IW needs to be forced to actually make a proper COD game next time. People are gonna be livid when they charge $70 for a fkn map pack of remade maps later this year.
El_duderino
I refuse to pay that. Once I finish the camo grind I'm going back to Cold War until October 2024
HossAg
AG
Yep. I'll be on Apex, Cold War, and possibly XDefiant if that game doesn't suck until Treyarch saves us in 2024.
Hagen95
AG
MaroonStain said:

Missions
Tier progress
Keys
Stash weapons
Slots 2 & 3

All reset.
The only thing that I don't like is taking slots 2 and 3. That was a grind for sure. I never want to find another blow torch and carry it across the map to a dumpster again. Hopefully, they come up with some new missions.
MaroonStain
AG
I've heard 'some' new missions and cleaning up the crappy ones. We shall see. I'm more of a key and loot guy myself.
LeftyHound
AG
Those mfing blowtorches…
htownag10
AG
MaroonStain said:

Missions
Tier progress
Keys
Stash weapons
Slots 2 & 3

All reset.

So from what I read they decided to not wipe the slots for weapons.
Zombie
Okay, good to know it isn't just me that is bored out of my mind with this game already. I am not into Warzone or DMZ at all. Maps are just way too big for me. I am one of those that loves smaller maps where there is a ton of action. I dig shipment and shoothouse, but damn, I know those maps so well, it's just too easy. Got my closest to a nuke the other day on Shoothouse Domination the other day. Set a VTOL in the middle on B, a sentry gun on C and I camped the hell out of A. Finally someone spawned behind me right before I hit 28. It's sad that it has to get to that level to be fun anymore. The normal multiplayer maps are just boring as hell. Like, WAY more boring than any set of maps I have seen in any COD games. I really do hope Treyarch knocks it out of the park with the next one. I really had high hopes for MW2 and it was fun at first, but that wore off really quick. Maybe ranked play will give me some fun, but I hate S&D and HQ soooooo much. Alas, I will be like many of you and switch back to Cold War.
HossAg
AG
Ranked in this game will be a ****in joke. There's a sound equalizer setting people use in windows settings to make it to where you can hear footsteps literally across the map because IW refuses to allow dead silence as a perk.

The CDL moshpit is just kids sitting in corners in SND waiting to hear someone and get a kill. Same thing with hardpoint and control to a lesser extent. You get a squad wipe into the hill and they have literally no chance of retaking it because you can hear exactly where they're coming from.

I just wish it was Blackout from BO4 that had come out during the pandemic. Would probably have been just as successful if they had made it free to play and then we wouldn't be on this ****ty trajectory for the franchise that IW has put us on.
Zombie
I read an article about that yesterday. Never knew that setting was off. Hell, half the time I don't play with sound on anyways. But I rarely play S&D
Hagen95
AG
htownag10 said:

MaroonStain said:

Missions
Tier progress
Keys
Stash weapons
Slots 2 & 3

All reset.

So from what I read they decided to not wipe the slots for weapons.
Sweet. I plan to grind the final missions this weekend before the wipe happens.
HossAg
AG
This game is very fun and very not broken

https://m.twitch.tv/clip/PrettyEntertainingJalapenoRitzMitz-2b0-TMcm9zp1hwdi?tt_medium=mobile_web_share&tt_content=clips_viewing
El_duderino
Looks like Infected is coming back for the Season 2 update.
MaroonStain
AG
Got my insured slot #2 yesterday. Completed GPS mission in two attempts.
degreedy
AG
Curious if the earned insured slots will carry over in the new season or not.
LeftyHound
AG
Insured weapon slots will stay, but you lose all contraband weapons and keys.
HossAg
AG
New rumor that a full separate game is being released by Sledgehammer this year. Feels like a PR move to me. Probably gonna basically be a reskin of MW2 done by Sledgehammer. Better than nothing I guess.
degreedy
AG
LeftyHound said:

so this is frustrating --- if we have not unlocked a secondary insured weapon slot we would in theory be starting all over.

that sucks.
El_duderino
"Premium" content for 2nd year of this game which will more than likely be OG maps. They care more about the free to play Warzone/DMZ than the $75 multiplayer. Season 2 has a map from 2011 and one that was in the beta for the "new" maps.
HossAg
AG
El_duderino said:

"Premium" content for 2nd year of this game which will more than likely be OG maps. They care more about the free to play Warzone/DMZ than the $75 multiplayer. Season 2 has a map from 2011 and one that was in the beta for the "new" maps.
That's been the rumor, but this is a new rumor about a completely separate game. But yeah, season 2 and the plan for a $70 map pack have been unacceptable.
El_duderino
Ah yeah I saw that today. Sledgehammer game on short notice instead of actually fixing the current game.
HossAg
AG
At least they're finally not ****ing Treyarch with that kind of timeline hopefully.
Hagen95
AG
NPH- said:

LeftyHound said:

so this is frustrating --- if we have not unlocked a secondary insured weapon slot we would in theory be starting all over.

that sucks.

I found it easier to unlock the third slot before the second slot. Keys shouldn't be too hard to replace unless you're looking for very specific keys. The contraband weapons loss sucks, but you can fill that back up by hunting squads and taking their weapons. I do a really good job of carting weapons across the map to someone camping the exfil spots.
degreedy
AG
Hagen95 said:

NPH- said:

LeftyHound said:

that sucks.

I found it easier to unlock the third slot before the second slot. Keys shouldn't be too hard to replace unless you're looking for very specific keys. The contraband weapons loss sucks, but you can fill that back up by hunting squads and taking their weapons. I do a really good job of carting weapons across the map to someone camping the exfil spots.
i play frequently enough, but obviously not too frequently enough to have even unlocked the second insured weapon slot.

i bs'd around too often in dmz hunting other squads to focus on the missions --- guess I learned my lesson.
LeftyHound
AG
Yeah I feel like unlocking the 3rd slot was way faster than the 2nd. Just play with a regular group that's all going after the same stuff and it can get knocked out really quick. 3rd slot probably took 4-5 evenings of playing. Legion was the easiest tier 5mission stack to complete.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.