COD Modern Warfare II

44,702 Views | 694 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Thunder18
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm running PC through Battlenet so you can get me there as WilliamMunny
MaroonStain
AG
Early early morning exfill farmer here.

I placed an airstrike on another exfill this morning and sniped a kid out of an exfill chopper about 150 yds in the air. Lesson: do not shoot unless fired upon when exfil'ing. Real lesson: no rules in DMZ.

I keep a trophy system and UAV just for exfill.
Average Joe
AG
I suck. Only played solo, but keep dying when exfilling. Really enjoying the game mode, though.
Spotted Ag
AG
Finally extracted the White Lotus intel last night. The more I play DMZ the more fun I have.
TonsterPS
AG
I'd love to do more DMZ with y'all. Especially the old man crew.

TonsterPS#8252126
V8Aggie
AG
PSN: Neowart321
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Played one round of solos last night. Kept trying to add a 3rd plate and thought the game was broken until I looked it up. Not a huge fan of the mechanics at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Spotted Ag
AG
[TX12]You Need Jesus

I usually play late at night.
RangerRick9211
AG
CDL mosh is out. Finally.
HossAg
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

CDL mosh is out. Finally.
Yeah except most of the GAs haven't been added in yet, so you just run into 4 stacks of 74Us and get flashed every 3 seconds. It'll get better once the CDL season starts.
MaroonStain
AG
PSA: the Scavs in DMZ are turnt and at setting 11 tonight. ZOWIE!
MaroonStain
AG
Monday morning DMZ report: running solo and joining squads is better than random squads. Squads can be up to six players. MYK gif
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
MaroonStain said:

Monday morning DMZ report: running solo and joining squads is better than random squads. Squads can be up to six players. MYK gif

Can you request to join?

Or do they have to ask you to join first?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I figured something out yesterday… if you move your insured weapon from your primary to your secondary weapon, it moves it to contraband (and starts the cooldown for your insured). I've got a couple of my preferred loadouts in my contraband stash now.
Thunder18
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I figured something out yesterday… if you move your insured weapon from your primary to your secondary weapon, it moves it to contraband (and starts the cooldown for your insured). I've got a couple of my preferred loadouts in my contraband stash now.

I still don't understand the loadout system for DMZ, and it really doesn't matter because I have only successfully exfilled like 4 times
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Thunder18 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I still don't understand the loadout system for DMZ, and it really doesn't matter because I have only successfully exfilled like 4 times

Not much to it, I think. If you die/don't exfil, you're going to lose all of your stuff. If you had your "insured weapon" on you and you die, you lose it, but only for the cooldown period (starts at 120 minutes, if you exfil later with cash, it drops your cooldown timer).
Contraband weapons are weapons that you looted and successfully brought back with you. If you bring them back into the DMZ and you die, then you lose it.
There are white dumpsters sporadically located around the map that you can drop things into and they will be exfilled, no matter if you die or not.
Wheatables02
AG
So keys are used to unlock certain locations for missions? I got a resort key today but it says "used".
zip04
AG
Wheatables02 said:

So keys are used to unlock certain locations for missions? I got a resort key today but it says "used".
There are random keys you can find for specific locations. Each key can be used three times. If you find a used key, look at the little blocks next to it and it will show how many times it has been used. Usually they have been used once and have two more uses left.

Stronghold keys are different. You cannot carry with you to a future game, they just give you XP if you exfil with one on you.
MaroonStain
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

MaroonStain said:

Can you request to join?

Or do they have to ask you to join first?

Either or. Proximity Chat is best.
MaroonStain
AG
I've played A LOT now. Looked at stats this morning and I have EF 168 times with 78 operators killed (not my MO). Trying to get Tier 3 missions done for all factions.
MaroonStain
AG
Just EF with 12 players on the chopper!
degreedy
AG
MaroonStain said:

I've played A LOT now. Looked at stats this morning and I have EF 168 times with 78 operators killed (not my MO). Trying to get Tier 3 missions done for all factions.
Damn man --- 168 exfils.... do you walk around with a wheelbarrow all day to carry your nuts?

I have 25 exfils and I thought that was a lot.

Artorias
AG
Been playing for a while, but feels like it is missing some things to make it sticky long term like Tarkov. The big thing for me, I think, is the lack of being able to store any exfilled items, other than Contraband weapons and keys (unless I am missing something). The variety of armor, meds, etc. feels a bit lacking. Which means the variety of "builds" you can put together is pretty limited.

This, combined with only one (very large) map, makes me think that while it is a fun/polished experience overall, I don't see it having long-term replayability (unless they are able to release new content quickly/regularly).
HossAg
AG
Artorias said:

Been playing for a while, but feels like it is missing some things to make it sticky long term like Tarkov. The big thing for me, I think, is the lack of being able to store any exfilled items, other than Contraband weapons and keys (unless I am missing something). The variety of armor, meds, etc. feels a bit lacking. Which means the variety of "builds" you can put together is pretty limited.

This, combined with only one (very large) map, makes me think that while it is a fun/polished experience overall, I don't see it having long-term replayability (unless they are able to release new content quickly/regularly).
It's also not absolutely terrifying to play like Tarkov is. There's nothing like the cheek clenching experience of Tarkov.
Average Joe
AG
PC: Averagejoeag

Love to run some DMZ, but just finished moving and have a 6 month old so I'm scarce at the moment.
Artorias
AG
HossAg said:

Artorias said:

It's also not absolutely terrifying to play like Tarkov is. There's nothing like the cheek clenching experience of Tarkov.
True. Gear Fear is real.
degreedy
AG
Anyone who has played DMZ know what the attachments are for the M4 that can be bought at the buy-station? I've looked up and down the internet, and cannot find an answer. The gun is slick as hell and a great bot cleanser!

EDIT: BOT* cleanser
AvsB
I know shipment is a fan favorite, but I wish they would have kept Shoot House as a map. Why not both maps available in a skirmish setting?
El_duderino
They did the same thing in MW19. Nobody would play any of the other maps whatsoever
HossAg
AG
I've never understood why people actually enjoy playing on shipment. I thought it was just good for camo grinds and that's it. Spawning and dying 5 times before you can even take 2 steps is not fun.
not hedge
My stupid screen is stuck on "checking for update" after I downloaded everything on ps5. WTF
El_duderino
Looks like camo progress is bugged again
not hedge
Hoss when we playing
El_duderino
Yeah I hit post before finishing my sentence. I played shoothouse almost exclusively and now it sucks it's gone. Shipment is by far the best camo/level up map. Im getting done in 5 minutes for each game and it's nice not having to run a mile to find an enemy
not hedge
Shoot house is gone

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.