COD Modern Warfare II

43,314 Views | 694 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Thunder18
ECONAG92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm an old & just started playing COD over the past few years. I don't play that much but do enjoy blowing things up from time to time. I only play the campaigns since I'm not a serious gamer. I really enjoyed the campaign in MW2. Is MW3 worth downloading for the campaign only?
HossAg
AG
It's amazing how activision just keeps cock blocking the entire fanbase by allowing IW to run the show with terrible design choices and monetization schemes.

I get that they will always make more money that way, but I'm hoping the Microsoft acquisition results in some changes. We need Treyarch and Sledgehammer to have the freedom to make the games they want to make.
El_duderino
That's my only hope. Microsoft and then next cycle is Treyarch. Can only wish for a good system and ranked for the black ops game in 2025
AvsB
Two observations:

1) War Mode is by far my favorite new MP game. A ton of fun and you can farm XP in that game mode. Give it a try!

2) I wish COD would have stuck with realistic operator skins. Not a fan of Groot, Skelator and Nikki Manaj running around.

RIP ATMHockey
zip04
AG
ECONAG92 said:

I'm an old & just started playing COD over the past few years. I don't play that much but do enjoy blowing things up from time to time. I only play the campaigns since I'm not a serious gamer. I really enjoyed the campaign in MW2. Is MW3 worth downloading for the campaign only?

From everything I've seen, the answer is no. It is only 4 hours long.
ECONAG92
zip04 said:

ECONAG92 said:

Thanks Zip for the response. I read the same reviews on line but value fellow Aggies opinions.

On another note, since I really only play the campaigns, can you or any other Ags recommend any other COD games that have good campaigns? Best graphics & realism is what I'm looking for. I already have MW (2019) MW2,Vanguard & WWII.

Which others do you recommend?
AvsB
ECONAG92 said:

zip04 said:

ECONAG92 said:

Thanks Zip for the response. I read the same reviews on line but value fellow Aggies opinions.

On another note, since I really only play the campaigns, can you or any other Ags recommend any other COD games that have good campaigns? Best graphics & realism is what I'm looking for. I already have MW (2019) MW2,Vanguard & WWII.

So realistic military shooters only!?

RIP ATMHockey
Teslag
AG
ECONAG92 said:

zip04 said:

ECONAG92 said:

If you like running around and blowing things up with a good campaign I couldn't recommend Far Cry 5 enough. It's not COD but it's a blast as far as campaign only.
El_duderino
COD is not a realistic shooter game. Might want to look elsewhere.
ECONAG92
AvsB said:

ECONAG92 said:

zip04 said:

ECONAG92 said:

So realistic military shooters only!?

Yes, would really like military shooter only campaigns.
HossAg
AG
I'd choose a different franchise. COD is an arcade shooter and the only "mil-sim" campaigns are the really old ones and the ones in the ****ty recent games from infinity ward that you've already played.
ECONAG92
HossAg said:

I'd choose a different franchise. COD is an arcade shooter and the only "mil-sim" campaigns are the really old ones and the ones in the ****ty recent games from infinity ward that you've already played.
Thanks HossAg & others for their responses. What's your opinion on BlackOps & some of those older first shooter campaigns? I know it would give up the better graphics that are out now.
HossAg
AG
They have good campaigns for sure. But if you're looking for some sort of mil-sim experience from them, you're not gonna get it.
wangus12
AG
Maybe Ghost Recon Wildlands
AvsB
wangus12 said:

Just coming here to put the Ghost Recon games out there. Open world gameplay but story and mission driven. You can spend days in the game and not do everything.

GR wildlands or GR Breakpoint would be my suggestions.
RIP ATMHockey
AvsB
Anyone else feel like you have to dump 1/2 a mag into someone in MP to get the kill? I know, hit your shots noob!
RIP ATMHockey
AvsB
MWZ is some kind of fun! Did a HVT contract and went to exfil. There was a dude there farming XP. I called in an air strike. They came in perfectly aligned and killed like 50-60 zombies on their pass. Dude farming was pissed.
RIP ATMHockey
NPH-
AG
does anyone else have any stuttering/slow frame freezing when matches end on multiplayer?

literally ever map/gamemode, once the round finishes, it starts to stutter and freeze frame until you are back in the lobby.

so damn frustrating, i've tried looking up fixes but to no avail.
El_duderino
That's a feature, not a bug
NPH-
AG
El_duderino said:

lol, that's funny

but interestingly enough, I've read that this same issue has been resolved on MWII by playing a few chapters in the campaign. how those two align, how they resolve one another, I do not know, but figured it's worth a shot. that and also clearing all controller & settings back to defaults is potentially another approach.

i'll report back and let you know what i find out.
ECONAG92
As mentioned before, I'm much more of a campaign player than Multiplayer. I'm trying to find a military FPS game with really good graphics & a good campaign I'm trying to decide between getting COD Modern warfare remastered & COD Modern warfare 2 remastered.

Do you have any suggestions? I already own MW(21), MW2, WWII & Vanguard.
AvsB
ECONAG92 said:

As mentioned before, I'm much more of a campaign player than Multiplayer. I'm trying to find a military FPS game with really good graphics & a good campaign I'm trying to decide between getting COD Modern warfare remastered & COD Modern warfare 2 remastered.

If you haven't played either I would say get both. the original MW trilogy has good and longer campaigns. This latest trilogy is a reimaging of the original story. You should be able to get the remastered games for pretty cheap.
RIP ATMHockey
WES2006AG
AG
ECONAG92 said:

BF3 and BF4 both had pretty decent campaigns and can probably be had for almost nothing these days.
NPH-
AG
NPH- said:

El_duderino said:

lol, that's funny

but interestingly enough, I've read that this same issue has been resolved on MWII by playing a few chapters in the campaign. how those two align, how they resolve one another, I do not know, but figured it's worth a shot. that and also clearing all controller & settings back to defaults is potentially another approach.

i'll report back and let you know what i find out.
Neither of these workarounds fixed the solution. Extremely frustrating considering that I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game in an attempt to fix it.

If anyone else reads anything about how to fix it, please let me know!
wangus12
AG
Last night on the new Warzone was the most fun I've had on this game since Verdansk.
Spotted Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

Last night on the new Warzone was the most fun I've had on this game since Verdansk.
Definitely a lot better than Caldera and Al Mazra
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
AvsB
The flamethrower under barrel is a troll of a good time in multiplayer. Add that and the breacher drone and you will piss some people way off!
RIP ATMHockey
AvsB
So they originally nerfed the zombie exfil spots since people were farming them. With season 1 they have made exfil hard again. Fun but damn what a shift from one day to the next.
RIP ATMHockey
Psycho Bunny
AvsB said:

wangus12 said:

Just coming here to put the Ghost Recon games out there. Open world gameplay but story and mission driven. You can spend days in the game and not do everything.

GR wildlands or GR Breakpoint would be my suggestions.
Wildlands and Breakpoint are such underrated games. I stopped playing COD a while ago, just seemed like the same lazy campaign missions. Wildlands and Breakpoint have lots of side missions and great story lines to go with.
Thunder18
AG
Wildlands was really fun, wish more of my buddies would've jumped into it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.