Official Overwatch Thread

57,958 Views | 786 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Hey late to this thread! I play on PC yall should hit me up! This new character Ana looks dope! I basically only play Mercy so I could see my self switching things up

Post your bnet tag, or add us from the previously posted list.
Sixers_Fan
AG
Do we have a running list of everyone's usernames? I was gonna look to play some comp. tonight
kirbyclarke
quote:
quote:
Hey late to this thread! I play on PC yall should hit me up! This new character Ana looks dope! I basically only play Mercy so I could see my self switching things up

Post your bnet tag, or add us from the previously posted list.
kirbaay#1114

Will do! I play hearthstone sometimes too and a lot of Steam games
Sixers_Fan
AG
BeansAndRice#11993
Phatigue#1806
RegalBeagle#11345
Selkin#11820
Naveronski#1862
Agdog #1562
TheJURY#1268
Exaltius#1200
Fracmore#1970
BoozeRolton #1728
ultimatequix#1622
KidDoc #11155
Cromagnum #1187
Dendawin#1548
FliedLice #1743
WilliamMunny#1429
txag2k#1789
trainRiderJ#1509
Vade#11172
Jaktu#1548
Tiberinus#1714
Eumaeus#1809
walbuls#1242
BerrySchiavo#11166
kirbaay#1114
Predmid#1432

found it
kirbyclarke
Sweet was just about to paste it on this page thanks!
TelcoAg
AG
TelcoAg
Predmid
AG
Need to add me. Predmid#1432

Tiniest sliver away from 51.
txag2k
AG
quote:
I die a lot.
Predmid
R0GUE
AG
You can add me:

R0GUE#1762

Note the o is actually a zero.
hassan10s
AG
Need to go through tonight and add everyone. Solo Q is so bad. I didn't believe in the downward spiral until it happened to me lol!

Pigeon#11850
fta09
AG
Patch came out today.

Patch Notes
hassan10s
AG
I'm kind of surprised they just dumped Mercy's damage boost increase altogether vs trying a different amount
fta09
AG
With Zen, Ana, and Mercy able to increase damage, I'm not sure it was needed.
hassan10s
AG
quote:
With Zen, Ana, and Mercy able to increase damage, I'm not sure it was needed.
That might be the case. It's just strange because they obviously thought it was underpowered, or that there was no incentive to use it vs pistol or something, but just scrapped it.

Ana was pretty exciting in the PTR. Though getting sleep - tea time emote - kill combo'd was sooo annoying.
Predmid
AG
First impressions of the new hero....

worthless.
MBAR
AG
quote:
First impressions of the new hero....

worthless.
Wat. She's pretty damn awesome honestly. Not on KotH maps maybe, but on payload and capture point maps I think she's great.
KidDoc
AG
I think her and zenyatta make a nice high damage support duo.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hagen95
AG
The new DVa is ridiculous. She's awesome if on your team and really stinks if she's on the other.
KidDoc
AG
We faced a team of 5 tanks (one of each) with Lucio in a quickplay yesterday and they just rolled us. I would like to try that some day in Competitive seems like it would be hard to counter.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AtlAg05
AG
We had that happen once, Hanamura I believe. 5 reinhardts and 1 lucio.

They were bunched up moving as one blob with shields protecting all sides with lucio spped boosting.

One of those rare times I was okay with losing, it was fun to watch
Sixers_Fan
AG
Zenyatta and a bunch of DPS would roll that comp
KidDoc
AG
quote:
Zenyatta and a bunch of DPS would roll that comp
I was playing a Zenyatta but it was a quickplay and I was grouped only with my son-in-law so I don't think the other players were very good. The all tank team was a grouped team for sure they coordinated ultimates very well.

I actually had one Quickplay yesterday as Zenyatta where I received 5 gold medals for the match, which I don't think I've ever done. I'm pretty happy with the Zenyatta changes.
Predmid
AG
Yah, no. Twice I've got gold for healing as soldier or roadhog with her on my teams.

Just worthless, except maybe her sleep which was a pretty good ult interrupter
Thunder18
AG
Team full of Reinhardts can easily be destroyed with a combo of Pharah, Bastion and Junkrat
fta09
AG
It'll take some time for people to get used to Ana. If they focus too much on offense, of course the heals won't be that great. I think her grenade mechanics are interesting, but for now I might prefer playing Lucio myself. I'll have to try more this weekend.
hassan10s
AG
Here's a question:

If you've played enough games to be truly at the competitive rank that matches your skill level, should your win rate be close to your quickplay win rate?

The way I understand it quickplay is somewhat random after making sure you're not playing against brand new players. There may be some skill matching involved but not like comp.

The biggest difference I would think is that comp has positive feedback. The more you win, the more you move up and the better people you get paired with. The more you lose, opposite happens.

Thoughts?
joemeister
AG
I think it depends on how you play. I only do competitive with at least 2 other people. On the other hand, I have played a large number of quick play games while solo. Also, in quick play, I'm much more likely to play heroes that I would never consider in competitive, like Widowmaker and Hanzo, so I'm not adding as much value to my team in quick play.

I'm assuming, if you play every game, whether quick or competitive, at the same skill level, you would probably have a higher win rate in competitive simply because the other players on your team are also taking it seriously.
hassan10s
AG
Yeah that makes sense, and perhaps is where I went wrong. My quickplay win rate is ~ 51% but my comp rate is abysmal. I solo Q'd for all of it so that's probably a contributor.

Added everyone on the list last night so hopefully get a chance to play with some like minded people and see if that makes a difference.
Hagen95
AG
I am in the same boat with you hassan, my comp level was abysmal to start due to a bunch of losing solo qualifications. I've slowly worked my way up since then. I don't play competitive solo much. I prefer 3-4 in a group.
hassan10s
AG
Yeah I've quit doing that now. Going to look for a group before hopping back in.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
I am in the same boat with you hassan, my comp level was abysmal to start due to a bunch of losing solo qualifications. I've slowly worked my way up since then. I don't play competitive solo much. I prefer 3-4 in a group.

You're welcome

;P
Predmid
AG
Adopt the league mentality of "you deserve whatever rank you achieve" and you can start to look at what is reaaaly holding you to whatever rank you are at.

Like, I wander off by myself faaaaaaaar too much. It can lead to greatness occasionally, but more often I just get killed before I can find that great flanking moment.
Sixers_Fan
AG
Problem with that theory is when you're forced to support every game bc of selfish aholes, but you still get gold in everything but damage with lucio cause those aholes are bottom tier players. It's so hard to solo carry in this game because of the lack of item snowballing, which is good in a sense but you really need a team to win games constantly. Had a game last night where I went Rein and had about 20 solo kills because my team was absolute trash and I was solo holding the point as well as I could by myself. The worst ones are the people who are last to pick, pick Reaper or tracer, and then post in the chat "tank pls" before getting no medals.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.