*****Mass Effect Andromeda*****

50,447 Views | 577 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JJxvi
thaed137
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hmmm interesting. Appears to be about 2-3 more characters to play like explorer and looks like there will be 2-3+ ish new skills per skill tree like the flamethrower we saw. I was hoping for a bit more on the customization side but we shall see as this is just a quick video.

Game play seemed pretty much in-line with how the other mass effects felt so no surprise there really. Graphics were good and interesting shield bad guy is hopefully indicator of needing true diversity on your team as the enemies you face are varied and specialized.
titanmaster_race
flamethrower liked like it sucked ass
tamusc
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I'd bet it works better against organic units. The clip looked like it was being used against a mechanical enemy with shields.
hunter2012
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Considering the geth flamethrower might be the best class in multiplayer. I wouldn't be shocked if they nerfed it for Andromeda.
wangus12
AG
Thats what I thought
agmrpink
AG
Thanks for the replies to answer my questions and concerns. I think I'm just wary to get excited because I'm afraid I'll get burned like I felt after I finished ME3.

And yes, I'm one of the pissy ones who still feel bitter when thinking about it.
tamusc
AG
Ha, no worries.

The entire Mass Effect series up until the ending of ME3 still stands as one of my favorite gaming experiences, so I understand completely
agmrpink
AG
tamusc said:

The entire Mass Effect series up until the ending of ME3 still stands as one of my favorite gaming experiences

Amen x10
wangus12
AG
Don't feel bad about it. I'm still somewhat peeved with how it ended, even with the DLC fix they did. Regardless, its still one of my favorite games and I love giving it a play through. I'm slightly worried that the characters and storyline won't be as epic/well written as they were in the OT
hunter2012
AG
I consider The Citadel DLC to be the last hurrah. The ending itself is just the epilogue.

If you want a great ending, get citadel it's the most "worth it" DLC I've ever played.
HBtriplesticks
AG
The ending was frustrating, but I optimistically choose to think of ME3 In terms of how well the game before the ending tied up things like the Krogan/Salarian/geno****e storyline, the geth/quarian conflict, Jack finding purpose, etc.

It felt like the game was a good ending to the trilogy, even if the ending wasn't a good ending to the trilogy, if that makes sense.
tamusc
AG
manofaction said:

The ending was frustrating, but I optimistically choose to think of ME3 In terms of how well the game before the ending tied up things like the Krogan/Salarian/geno****e storyline, the geth/quarian conflict, Jack finding purpose, etc.

It felt like the game was a good ending to the trilogy, even if the ending wasn't a good ending to the trilogy, if that makes sense.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.
I Like Mike
AG
Pre-ordered today.
wangus12
AG
New video out there about the Tempest and the Nomad
wangus12
AG
Brand new trailer

Damn I have high hopes for this
wangus12
AG
Looks like the team is. Names in the spoiler tag as released by Mass Effect's Andromeda Initiative website

Human Pathfinder Team:

Alec Ryder
Pathfinder (Player) (Sara/Scott Ryder)
2 humans (Cora Harper (2nd in Command) & Liam Kosta (Crisis Response))
1 krogan (Drak)
1 asari (Peebee)
1 female turian (Vetra)

A salarian pilot

Also, that one chick looks like Claire Underwood (Robin Wright) from House of Cards
AgMarauder04
AG
Hell Yes
AgMarauder04
AG
wangus12 said:

Also, that one chick looks like Claire Underwood (Robin Wright) from House of Cards
The love interest?
thaed137
AG
Trailer does paint an awesome picture. Really hope to be impressed with the scope of this game as a true exploration game.
wangus12
AG
Yeah with the funky haircut. I'm sure there will be plenty others for your Captain Kirk fantsies
AliasMan02
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

wangus12 said:

The love interest?
Everyone's a love interest. It's Mass Effect!
hunter2012
AG
wangus12 said:

Yeah with the funky haircut. I'm sure there will be plenty others for your Captain Kirk fantsies

Chipotlemonger
AG
Game looking good!
AliasMan02
AG
What edition is everyone buying? I historically haven't played the multiplayer, and a number of the upsells involve that especially for the Super Deluxe. I'm intrigued by the co-op stuff, but am also always a bit disappointed when they just sell the best stuff to a portion of the players willing to toss out the cash. Plus it usually seems like it's just an early release and you end up with all of it anyway.

But then again it's Mass Effect and what's an extra $40 to make sure you're maxing out your level of awesome?

edit: here are the editions

wangus12
AG
I never got into the MP with the original trilogy, so I'll probably just go with the deluxe edition
AgMarauder04
AG
Deluxe.
bigbass1170
AG
Deluxe
hunter2012
AG
Preordered Deluxe, but I may shop around to find it cheaper.
AgMarauder04
AG
Do you have to pre-order to get deluxe?
hunter2012
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Do you have to pre-order to get deluxe?

No, preordering gets you the Deep Space Explorer Armor, a Multiplayer Booster Pack with five 50-percent experience boosters, and the Nomad skin.

So the deluxe edition is its own set available on launch day with its bonuses.
wangus12
AG
Interesting tidbit that I was walking with a buddy about this morning that may connect Andromeda to the original trilogy.

*****Could be a big spoiler regarding the name of one of the characters.*****

Cora Harper, the 2nd in command shares her last name with Jack Harper aka the Illusive Man
AgMarauder04
AG
wangus12 said:

Interesting tidbit that I was walking with a buddy about this morning that may connect Andromeda to the original trilogy.

*****Could be a big spoiler regarding the name of one of the characters.*****

Cora Harper, the 2nd in command shares her last name with Jack Harper aka the Illusive Man
Something tells me he's not a great dad and this might be her trying to get as far away from him as possible....and there isn't much farther she can go
AliasMan02
AG
I'm sure Cerberus makes an appearance but I hope it's a side story and not too intertwined with the plot.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm definitely over that storyline.

IF she is his daughter, I hope it's only used as part of her character development and not a plot point
wangus12
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I'm definitely over that storyline.

IF she is his daughter, I hope it's only used as part of her character development and not a plot point
I agree with you. Although Cerberus was known for having companies that they funded their money through. Although the Andromeda Initiative seems to be a joint species cooperative so hopefully prevent them being heavily involved in the story.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.