*****Mass Effect Andromeda*****

50,360 Views | 577 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JJxvi
bigbass1170
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm pretty sure you could go the entire game and not talk to Krem (trans character).
hunter2012
AG
There hasn't even been one in the Mass Effect trilogy. You were probably upset in the first game when it came out that either gender could bang the monogendered Asari.
wangus12
AG
I sure wasn't. And I beat the **** out of DA:I and never noticed that Krem was tranny. Just thought she was a dyke. Silly thing to get upset about
hunter2012
AG
Bioware does more teasing than an Asari stripper.

Teaserish "gameplay" trailer:

The new ship, The Tempest:

rhutton125
AG
So... no way this doesn't get delayed again, right? This is barely more footage than we got a full year ago.
wangus12
AG
Yeah, definitely not a lot of info there, but I think we'll get more as E3 progresses. I'm curious to see the introduction of new species. There are krogan and asari in the trailer so we know the old species will transfer over. Also wonder how much homage will be made to the original trilogy. Is it in the future to the point that those on the Tempest know what happened with the Reapers and Shepard or are they oblivious to what has occurred in the Milky Way
rhutton125
AG
No clue. Not sure if we'll get any further E3 info though - they said more info in the Fall, which could mean N7 day, which is November. If that's the case, I really doubt we get a full game in Q1.
jr15aggie
AG
Those graphics look really really good! *prepares for downgrade*
bigbass1170
AG
Probably waiting for N7 day. I have the slightest of hopes it'll be at Gamescom (August) or Pax west (September)
wangus12
AG
Some more footage, mainly just showing of graphics for 4k. Said official trailer drop is N7.

AliasMan02
AG
Release date of March 21 was leaked.

http://www.slashgear.com/mass-effect-andromeda-release-date-leaked-11459556/amp/
joemeister
AG
The game will be playable in 4K if your GPU supports it.
N7 day (November 7) is not too far off. A lot of people expect some more details to be revealed then.
hunter2012
AG
joemeister74 said:

The game will be playable in 4K if your GPU supports it.
N7 day (November 7) is not too far off. A lot of people expect some more details to be revealed then.

GTX 1080 and 4K Gsync here I come.... I didn't need to retire in the 21st century anyway...
hunter2012
AG
N7 day is nigh...

bigbass1170
AG
N7 day tomorrow!
agmrpink
AG
I'm afraid to get excited. It all depends on the how they explain the story with respect to the trilogy.
AliasMan02
AG
agmrpink said:

I'm afraid to get excited. It all depends on the how they explain the story with respect to the trilogy.

I thought we knew this. Before mankind's fate was ultimately decided in the events of ME3, a colonization force was sent to a distant galaxy to establish a new home so that civilized life could survive if the Reapers won the war. Therefore, while a sequel, the events of ME3 don't actually impact this story.

I don't think I made that up, anyway.
agmrpink
AG
AliasMan02 said:

agmrpink said:

I thought we knew this. Before mankind's fate was ultimately decided in the events of ME3, a colonization force was sent to a distant galaxy to establish a new home so that civilized life could survive if the Reapers won the war. Therefore, while a sequel, the events of ME3 don't actually impact this story.

I've heard that as speculation, but didn't know if it was the definite route the writers took. As many resources as it would have taken to put this mission together, we should have known that as "hopeful savior from the Reapers" while working toward the Crucible as an apparent side project.
wangus12
AG
AliasMan02 said:

agmrpink said:

I think that was the big rumor. It looks like most species are returning, but before the Reapers the System's Alliance wasn't on the best terms with everyone else. The Normandy was the first joint project between Humans and someone else so if they sent an Arc, its post-reaper appearance.

Then you have a continuity issue with a project that massive not being mentioned. I think this will be post-Shepard by some margin
joemeister
AG
In ME3, it was revealed that the Asari were in the process of building new mass relays. The citadel also survives the conflict, which is the technological hub of the mass relay system. It makes sense that they would be able to rebuild after the reaper war, it's just a matter of how long would it take.

IMO, Andromeda only really makes sense as a last, desperate, attempt to survive the reapers by colonizing a new galaxy.
Walter Kovacs
AG
bigbass1170
AG
ME2 and ME3 are backwards compatible on Xbox One starting today.

And new trailer:
AliasMan02
AG
Captured in engine. Representative of game experience.
agmrpink
AG
Here's more from the ME homepage.

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative
Thunder18
AG
Backwards compat ME2 you say ?
AliasMan02
AG
So the AI launches the same year that Shepherd is revived and the main story line of ME2 begins.
wangus12
AG
Looks great. Hope the story can hold up to the original trilogy
wangus12
AG
Quote:

THE ANDROMEDA INITIATIVE

Founded in 2176 and launched in 2185, the Andromeda Initiative is a civilian, multi-species project created to send scientists, explorers and colonists on a one-way trip to settle in the Andromeda Galaxy. With powerful benefactors lending their support, the program has grown substantially in scope since its inception. The Initiative's ultimate goal is to establish a permanent presence on the seemingly resource-rich frontier of Andromeda, and eventually create a reliable route between it and the Milky Way Galaxy.

agmrpink
AG
Privately funded could explain why the Alliance might not know about the project, but a) You would hope Liara the Shadow Broker could catch wind of that, and b) if the tech existed to allow such a mission, it would be shared with the militaries and governments.

joemeister
AG
The asari and humans are involved, so it's highly likely that both Liara and Cerberus will have, at minimum, some role in the story. One of the humans in the preview videos has N7 decals on his armor, which implies that the Federation Navy may have a role (maybe it's a former N7 operative, who knows). Kind of like your back channel dealing with the Navy during ME2. Unofficial, but you keep them informed and they give you a few priority missions.

For those of you who haven't had time to look at the site yet, the main character is a pathfinder tasked with picking a landing spot for the Arc. There will be three Arcs, each with a different race. I'm assuming they will be human, asari and turian. Though, they haven't revealed which other races will be in the game besides asari.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, hopefully we'll start to see more game play previews and class/technology reveals. I really like the idea of this being a private backed project, rather than just a military operation.
wangus12
AG
Also sounds like there are 3 Arcs and a Nexus that make the trip, each housing a different species. Assuming 2 of them are human and asari, who gets the third spot. Probably turian.

Also when these ships are launched, Commander Shepard is still deemed KIA and the Reaper threat is considered non-existent. So this is strictly an exploration/settlement mission it seems. I'm sure there will be some Cerberus ops onboard though.

Also, they state that they want to create a reliable route to the MWG from Andromeda so I figure at some point they'll return and discover the events of ME2 & ME3.
joemeister
AG
Even though it will probably be either Turian or some inter-species cooperative, my vote for the 3rd ship is volus. For those of you who played a lot of ME3 multiplayer, there wasn't much more fun than destroying reaper forces with a volus biotic.
Kampfers
AG
In addition to the announced backwards compatibility, ME 1-3 are also all in the EA Access vault

Looks like I know what my evenings will be spent doing the next few months.
rhutton125
AG
1) Early leaked details / surveys have mentioned a Krogan squadmate. It's likely that other races will be included. I spotted a Salarian in the trailer.

2) I doubt any organizations or characters from the original trilogy play any kind of role here. Governments may be mentioned and probably N7, but there's no need for Cerberus or any of that kind of lore. They want this to be a point for people to jump onboard.

3) Pretty content-light, yet again. I'm still anticipating a delay or something like that.
Kampfers
AG
rhutton125 said:

3) Pretty content-light, yet again. I'm still anticipating a delay or something like that.
They have said they wouldn't mind delaying again, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I would be surprised if it gets pushed past a summer release date, however. At this point it's not going to get pushed back another full year, and I would be surprised if they wanted to compete with the typical slate of releases in the holiday window.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.