*****Mass Effect Andromeda*****

50,362 Views | 577 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JJxvi
V8Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good morning nerds!

Finished the game and it was great. Looking forward to continuing the story.

Back to the original trilogy and perhaps lore - why are the reapers only concerned with the Milky Way Galaxy? They have the ability to replicate and since they're machines they could travel to Andromeda no problem. Given their goal, it would only make sense for them to travel to the closest galaxy and on. I haven't played through that story line in ages and am curious.

Thanks!
I Like Mike
AG
I think it has to do with the Mass Relays not being in any other galaxy AFAIK. Its why it took 600 years to travel to Andromeda. FTL travel done without the use of Mass Relays.
V8Aggie
AG
CalebMcCreary06 said:

I think it has to do with the Mass Relays not being in any other galaxy AFAIK. Its why it took 600 years to travel to Andromeda. FTL travel done without the use of Mass Relays.
Well yeah. If humans could do it, why not machines? 600 years is nothing to a group of machines whose sole existence is based on waiting 50,000 years between each purge. Surely the machines could figure out how likely it was that an advanced space faring civilization may eventually take the risk and travel to the closest galaxy for exploration/expansion.

It completely defeats the reapers purpose for existing if a race is allowed to colonize another galaxy unchecked.
hunter2012
AG
It's also possible that the Reapers are programmed to just harvest and tend the Milky Way. Even the leviathans would think that trying to manage the rest of the universe is just unrealistic. Better to know and control your own neighborhood.

Also, given that MEA is 600 years in the future wouldn't the activation of the crucible eliminate/neuter/neutralize any dark space reaper too?

That being said a reaper scout that survived Shepard DLC could be fun, just imagine indoctrinated Angara and Kett...
V8Aggie
AG
hunter2012 said:

It's also possible that the Reapers are programmed to just harvest and tend the Milky Way. Even the leviathans would think that trying to manage the rest of the universe is just unrealistic. Better to know and control your own neighborhood.

Also, given that MEA is 600 years in the future wouldn't the activation of the crucible eliminate/neuter/neutralize any dark space reaper too?

That being said a reaper scout that survived Shepard DLC could be fun, just imagine indoctrinated Angara and Kett...
I don't think so... as the relays were how the crucible neutralized the reapers in other systems in the galaxy. I doubt it would carry over into dark space. Definitely could be a cool DLC!
Thunder18
AG
Bought this for $13 last week on XBONE..pretty solid so far
HARVEY THE WONDER HAMSTER
Thunder18 said:

Really? This game is glitchy dog *****

I bought it at launch, played most of it, then took it back to Gamestop and got my money back after *****ing at the manager that it was a broken game (which it absolutely was and is). Also, the story and gameplay are trash compared to 2 and 3.
tamusc
AG
HARVEY THE WONDER HAMSTER said:

Thunder18 said:

I bought it at launch, played most of it, then took it back to Gamestop and got my money back after *****ing at the manager that it was a broken game (which it absolutely was and is). Also, the story and gameplay are trash compared to 2 and 3.

They fixed a ton of the glitches and performance issues with patches. That being said, it's still a big step down story wise from the original trilogy and we won't ever get the DLC packs they clearly left some loose threads for since they pulled everyone they didn't fire to work on Anthem.

Andromeda is a decent, entertaining game (after the bug fixes), but the critical/commercial failure that it was (due to horrible management by EA/BioWare) have pretty much doomed the franchise for the foreseeable future.

I hope Anthem ends up being worth ****ting all over one of my favorite IPs, but I guess we'll see more at E3.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get some kind of full remaster of the original trilogy or something in a few years.
Thunder18
AG
For $13 I'll cope with the rare frame rate drop/animation glitch. Seems like they patched most of the problems from launch.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I completely forgot about this game until mentioned on another thread then this thread getting bumped. I'm a huge ME trilogy fan but have had other priorities lately. Is this one worth buying? I am not interested in MP really, just the story SP mode (if there's even multiplayer on this).
JJxvi
AG
I heard it sucked. Havent tried it though.
Thunder18
AG
If it's still on sale and you really enjoyed the original trilogy it's worth checking out. It seems like they patched a lot of the glitches/bugs that were present at launch. It does take a little bit to figure out navigating the menus
Pman17
AG
I think it's in the EA Vault if you pay $35/yr for EA Access.
tamusc
AG
Thunder18 said:

If it's still on sale and you really enjoyed the original trilogy it's worth checking out. It seems like they patched a lot of the glitches/bugs that were present at launch. It does take a little bit to figure out navigating the menus

Pretty much this.

It wasn't up to the quality of the original trilogy, but it was a fun game...once they patched the glitches and bugs.
Tomdoss92
AG

Thunder18 said:

ignore this obvious troll. unless it's a real person that would actually buy a game in this wide open review/info world and would still, after playing "most of it" go make a Gamestop employee's day worse by "*****ing at the manager" until getting a refund.

if someone actually were to do this these days... please just don't buy anything ever again. just shut it down.
bigbass1170
AG
I enjoyed it. Not as much as ME2 or ME3. Definite step down from those games but with the price it's at now, it's well worth it.
wangus12
AG
The original trilogy is still my favorite set of games, and while Andromeda was a pretty big disappointment in comparison to those games, I still enjoyed it and never had the crazy bugs that everyone always talked about and I got it at launch.

My biggest mistake was playing it right after playing the Witcher 3, because it was a massive step down.
HARVEY THE WONDER HAMSTER
Tomdoss92 said:

Thunder18 said:

ignore this obvious troll. unless it's a real person that would actually buy a game in this wide open review/info world and would still, after playing "most of it" go make a Gamestop employee's day worse by "*****ing at the manager" until getting a refund.

if someone actually were to do this these days... please just don't buy anything ever again. just shut it down.

Not a troll. I did exactly that. It's not my problem the game was broken. Why should I be ok paying $65 for a defective product? I did the same thing with the Master Chief Collection. Played it for about a month until it became apparent it was not going to be fixed. Got my $65 back. Then I bought it again about six months later for $35 when it was in better shape. I don't let a company keep my money when they sell me something that doesn't work. Neither should you.
JJxvi
AG
Yeah, ignore that guy. Its obvious you're just truly winning at life

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.