*****Mass Effect Andromeda*****

50,364 Views | 577 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JJxvi
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

AgMarauder04 said:

I'm definitely over that storyline.

IF she is his daughter, I hope it's only used as part of her character development and not a plot point
I agree with you. Although Cerberus was known for having companies that they funded their money through. Although the Andromeda Initiative seems to be a joint species cooperative so hopefully prevent them being heavily involved in the story.

Nerd Glasses on:
So its revealed in the Shadow Broker DLC if you read the character dossiers that the Illusive man is a major poon hound. It has it recorded all the women he slept with THAT WEEK. If I recall it included some human VIPs, models, sports stars and even some Asari.

If you ask me a hypocritical playboy leading a human supremacist organization sets up quite well for a deadbeat dad.
AgMarauder04
AG
Those aren't nerd glasses. That's a full on nerd-onesie.
wangus12
AG
I really want to play through the OT again, but I'm in the middle of a Skyrim playthrough and I'm unfortunately one of those people that if I start another long game, I'll make myself start the other one over
KidDoc
AG
wangus12 said:

I really want to play through the OT again, but I'm in the middle of a Skyrim playthrough and I'm unfortunately one of those people that if I start another long game, I'll make myself start the other one over
I've played through ME 2 three times and ME 3 twice. ME 1 was good but the inventory and exploration is a bit tedious and boring so I played it once and tried again but couldn't finish a whole new playthrough. I'm playing through Fallout 4 now so I want to try and stay focused on that and finish it up before March hits!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
I did play the entire trilogy last Spring when the game was still gonna be a Fall release. ME1 can definitely be tedious. Its probably my favorite game series of all time when it comes to all 3
hunter2012
AG
You could just get a list of choices that carry over to 2 &3. That would shorten the game by a lot.
joemeister
AG

wangus12
AG
Just came here to post that. Looks like a lot going on now that there aren't class restrictions
AliasMan02
AG
joemeister74 said:

I'm almost overwhelmed by the awesome. I need to finish my current game and clear the way for this.
Absolute
Chipotlemonger
AG
Krogan hammer
tamusc
AG
Man that combat looks fun. Can't wait.
Thunder18
AG
Looks pretty slick
AliasMan02
AG
tamusc said:

The combat is my only reservation. I hope I can still "pause" to activate abilities, give commands, and just survey the battlefield. Mass Effect is my absolute favorite but I suuuuuuuck at traditional shooters. If it stays a true cover shooter I'll be good.
tamusc
AG
AliasMan02 said:

tamusc said:

The combat is my only reservation. I hope I can still "pause" to activate abilities, give commands, and just survey the battlefield. Mass Effect is my absolute favorite but I suuuuuuuck at traditional shooters. If it stays a true cover shooter I'll be good.
Pretty sure some of the earlier videos showed some pauses to queue up attacks for your team, though I don't think it allowed unlimited time.
wangus12
AG
Looks like they are making it optional. ME 2 & 3 were both true cover shooters. In the recent videos looks like that is still optional and everything can be used as cover, including the Nomad. However it looks to be more fast-paced run & gun
KidDoc
AG
I really hope it is good but so much of what made the Mass Effect games great were the characters and dialogue. Not sure how a more sandbox game type will translate.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
titanmaster_race
KidDoc said:

I really hope it is good but so much of what made the Mass Effect games great were the characters and dialogue.

redbaron788
AG
Okay, I'm bored and there's four weeks to go. I've been watching all the videos and doing the Andromeda Initiative stuff when I noticed something.

That looks very much like Interstellar, no?

So I'm thinking this has gotta be why we're going to this particular part of Andromeda. Either it was present before launch or it was created after and affected the flight path. Here's another look from the Galactic Map viewpoint.

Also, I think it will have something to do with how we get around the rest of Andromeda without mass relays.
So, crazy conjecture from over-anticipation or something else?
hunter2012
AG
When they made interstellar they approached a mathmetician to make equations regarding what the black hole would look like, the result ended up being an actual scientific discovery about black holes. So Andromeda updated their game to match the science of what we now know... Pretty cool actually.
wangus12
AG
Won't lie, I've been wondering how the black hole will play a role in the game as well. It simply can't be a coincidence that its there. Granted the say the are going to the Helius Cluster of Andromeda where there are several golden worlds that could potentially harbor a planet that will be New Earth. My current assumption is that the Galaxy map in this game will only represent the Helius Cluster and not the entirety of the Andromeda Galaxy. Perhaps we will branch into the full galaxy as we learn more about the Remnant.
hunter2012
AG
Well they had the Mass relays to explain settling the whole galaxy in the original trilogy. The issue here is that Mass Effect FTL isn't fast enough to make Galaxy-wide travel feasible especially in Andromeda which is much bigger than the Milky-Way.
wangus12
AG
Thats why I think we simply stay inside the confines of the Helius cluster for the 1st game. Granted, maybe the Andromeda races have there own FTL version of travel that can get them everywhere that is more advanced than our own.
hunter2012
AG
wangus12 said:

Thats why I think we simply stay inside the confines of the Helius cluster for the 1st game. Granted, maybe the Andromeda races have there own FTL version of travel that can get them everywhere that is more advanced than our own.

The remnant could be a species that survived the Reaper extinction cycle by fleeing the Milky Way, the Protheans figured out the mass relay technology, who's to say that another species didn't also figure it out and took the technology with them to Andromeda?

I would post the aliens meme here but it's mass effect so that would not translate I think.
wangus12
AG
Completely agree. The have to come up with a way to allow the player to move throughout the galaxy a la the Mass Relay's.
redbaron788
AG
Yeah, I didn't really make it clear that I thought what y'all were saying. It could be used to explore the rest of Andromeda galaxy, in later games. I could see the ending of this one taking us through the anomaly with a possible glimpse of the other side. Maybe chasing someone through it for motivation, like the other twin?

And yeah, cluster map didn't quite have the ring to it as Galaxy map so I just left it.
wangus12
AG
Mother of God please let me bang Natalie Dormer

wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG
Also some folks have gotten some time playing the game and are posting some reviews on youtube.
tamusc
AG
Here's a couple more in depth previews

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/23/14708146/lost-in-space-a-confusing-90-minutes-with-mass-effect-andromeda

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/2/23/14703788/mass-effect-andromeda-first-impressions-hands-on?client=safari
thaed137
AG
Hoping this game is as big as they are making it seem. If they can get this immense feeling of how much there is to explore and there actually be unique and interesting things all over the place then they should have a winner. If they are almost able to pull off a sort of Skyrim in space then it would be awesome. I just played through ME3 again and while I enjoyed it it was never really an exploration game. There were no encounters and stuff on your way between missions that were just simply load screens. The most freedom you had roaming was in the citadel and even that was small and directed.
wangus12
AG
I've seen one person complaining about the game feeling unpolished with frame rate drops and sound issues, but they usually let these guys play earlier versions of the game rather than the finished product
AliasMan02
AG
I tend to wait for a couple of weeks to play and hope to get that first update out of the way, but don't think I can wait in this case.
wangus12
AG
Skyrim had glitches out the ass, but is still considered one of the best games. As long as they've written well-developed characters like the previous games and the combat, which has looked good, is fun, I'll be satisfied
joemeister
AG
This guy mostly covers the Division and other Tom Clancy games. He is also going to do videos on ME:A. Here are his impressions of the game after a media event in Australia.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.