*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

108,297 Views | 1719 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by RVAg02
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buck Compton said:

canadiaggie said:

agdaddy04 said:

Why is clock stopped?
flag
Thats not how it works. Flag on the offense with no timeouts…
then idk, I'm also curious as to why the clock* stopped
Pahdz
Anyone heading up here to Minnesota this weekend? Can't wait to see the guys in person should be a good game!
R-Dog
AG
AlwaysNextYear89 said:

R-Dog said:

The quick restart on the play clock after 1st down cost us 40 seconds. There should only be about a minute left
with a running clock, play clock starts as soon as the play is over...nothing anyone did wrong on that one. Bad luck that our play ended at 2:41

I'm with you but you see it not start for a count or two after the whistle blows all the time. We could have run a slower developing play though to keep that from happening.

It was imperative to not have to snap the ball again until after the 2 minute warning
suburban cowboy
AG
What an ugly Win…

feels eerily similar to the Ags' win against the Gators
fullback44
AG
Win #2 .. wasn't pretty but it's W number 2 !
AggieJ2002
AG
agdaddy04 said:

canadiaggie said:

agdaddy04 said:

Why is clock stopped?
flag
if that doesn't necessitate a 10 second run off then it seems like it's a glitch.

Game anyway. Too close, but take it.

I'm assuming clock stopped due to the flag and there was no runoff because we declined the penalty
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
R-Dog said:

AlwaysNextYear89 said:

R-Dog said:

The quick restart on the play clock after 1st down cost us 40 seconds. There should only be about a minute left
with a running clock, play clock starts as soon as the play is over...nothing anyone did wrong on that one. Bad luck that our play ended at 2:41

I'm with you but you see it not start for a count or two after the whistle blows all the time. We could have run a slower developing play though to keep that from happening
true, don't run up the gut when you snap it at 2:44....run it outside
Texaggie7nine
Take em any way you can get em.
7nine
Triple S
S
An ugly win, but Caleb Williams got the poop kicked out of him………

Swollen Thumb
AG
Baltimore is 0-2. You take wins any way you can get them!!
MisterFurious
AG
suburban cowboy said:

What an ugly Win…

Ags win yesterday was not half as ugly as tonight. That was just ridiculous.
suburban cowboy
AG
Triple S said:

and he's used to getting it packed in
canadiaggie
AG
MisterFurious said:

suburban cowboy said:

What an ugly Win…

Ags win yesterday was not half as ugly as tonight. That was just ridiculous.
Yeah I don't think there was ever a point in the 2nd half where the Gators were within striking distance
West Roxbury
Minnesota is playing very well right now. The season that Darnold spent with the 49ers and getting his confidence back while being a backup was good for him. And they can play some defense.
aggiedata
AG
suburban cowboy
AG
post-game farts always smell better after a win
annie88
AG
Well, my ****ty WiFi on international flight finally got me to the end of the game, but dang, so many missed opportunities. Three points off two INTs and a fumble on the two.

But, it's a win.
canadiaggie
AG
the Ags W + Texans W weekend combo is an unparalleled feeling
LB12Diamond
AG
suburban cowboy said:

What an ugly Win…

Nope
mAgnoliAg
AG
Justin Jefferson got banged up today. Their o line has been good first 2 games. Will be a good battle with our d line. As for their secondary, they are really good outside. Schultz and Diggs/Dell will have to be good inside.
Triple S
S
suburban cowboy said:

Triple S said:

and he's used to getting it packed in

Yeeeesh.
nbbob
On 2nd and 10 before the 2 minute warning we should have thrown a pass as they were stacked against the run. An incomplete pass wouldn't have hurt because the clock was stopping for the 2 minute warning anyhow. A completion for a first down ends the game. Instead we gained 3 yards and had 3rd and 7 after the 2 minute warning.
Ags #1
AG
Whatever happened to bilboag? They always had the inside scoop
Triple S
S
Damn, we sacked that mofo 7 times……….. an 8th sac was nullified by a penalty………
Texan_Aggie
AG
The Texans have not played well and controlled both games. This is what great teams do. Love it.
Texan_Aggie
AG
He was a fraud and the bluff got called.
LB12Diamond
AG
Yes. Seemed obvious to me to run a play action pass on that one.
W
AG
has Tank fully recovered from his injuries?

been a very slow start to the season
Ag_07
AG
I think it's more of too many weapons and haven't found a way to get him the ball.

I noticed last night they tried to use him unconventionally with the jet sweeps, misdirections, etc.

I think they're still figuring out how to best utilize him and get him the ball.
MelvinUdall
Ag_07 said:

I think it's more of too many weapons and haven't found a way to get him the ball.

I noticed last night they tried to use him unconventionally with the jet sweeps, misdirections, etc.

I think they're still figuring out how to best utilize him and get him the ball.

I agree. That was a really good D they played against last night, and they are facing another one next week in the Vikings. They will get it figured out.
Sea Speed
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

He was a fraud and the bluff got called.

Was he? I thought that was all speculation. I didn't know it was proven.
Max Power
AG
Not pretty but getting the win is all that matters in the end. Defense showed up big time in the second half which was huge because Chicago's defense did the same thing to us, offense just couldn't stay on the field. Chicago has a good defense, they should have lost to Tennessee last weekend if not for their defense so I don't want to frame this game in a way that we should have easily beaten this team. I will say that mistakes our own mistakes are what kept the game as close as it was, including losing that fumble inside the 5 yard line. That possession should have been the nail in the coffin, that's when you finish off your opponent.

Best things from the game:
-Collins, he's just a beast, tell me that extension wasn't the best bargain in league this offseason.
-Second half defense ate Caleb's lunch and it could have been worse than 7 sacks and 2 picks.
-Fairbairn being automatic is something that will pay dividends all season long, he's just gotten better with time, what an asset he is.

Opportunities:
-Not CJ's best game, or the offense as a whole. Had issues running the ball, I just think the o-line really had a rough day and they gotta be better.
-Penalties, good lord. I couldn't tell if it was a lack of discipline or if they were just too hyped up. I do think Al-Shaair was a bit high strung and Ryans needed to calm him down.

Up next: at Minnesota
They really had their way with SF so this will be a tough game. Their defense can get after it so Slowik and the entire offense need to have a better gameplan than they did against Chicago. Darnold had a good game but he also still makes mistakes. Jefferson had to leave the game but they still took care of business. They have a good o-line and run game so their offense is balanced. Sounds clliche but this will take work on both sides of the ball, total team effort.
IrishAg
MelvinUdall said:

Ag_07 said:

I agree. That was a really good D they played against last night, and they are facing another one next week in the Vikings. They will get it figured out.
I agree too on all the points.

Also, it was nice to pull out a win on one of those crazy upset NFL Sundays. I almost said something when people were asking about the spread right before the game, but didn't want to bring any bad juju to the game.
zooguy96
AG
The only thing that matters right now:

Texans 2-0.

Everyone else in the division - 0-2.

Suck it, Titans, Jags, and Colts.
boy09
AG
Ag_07 said:

CJ hit him right in the hands deep over the middle for a probable TD and he dropped it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.